+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 341
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

  1. #261
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,137

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    Of note, they were supposed to do the attributes of the following:

    Oscar: Gamora
    Asha: Falcon
    Sam: Hawkeye
    Shan: Captain Marvel

    Seeing the photos as stills let me just say the following:

    1. Asha's looks dirty and on the pants a cheap version of Shan's Steampunk outfit. (Sorry sweetie, but Shan made them better). The rope belt looks hideous too. Not only that, she seems to copy inspiration from Hawkgirl I've seen on "Justice League," which isn't even the same character.

    2. Sam - Seriously, where is the inspiration for Hawkeye here? It looks more like the JOKER or IT (I know not a Marvel character...) I mean that outfit is not only poorly made, if that is inspired by superheroes then I will apologize to the designers of the Magic Jammies that Holly Hathaway wore when they were trying to do a spinoff of "The Greatest American HeroINE" (note, they changed it from a two piece to one piece and it did look bad).

    3. Shan - It still was delightfully made and has all the attributes of the seven mentors (Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury). I do think that like with Asha it leaned a little toward another character (Isis) but unlike Asha's it wasn't nearly as obvious (plus... one can say he went more for a Hercules attribute feel here).

    4. Oscars - for Gamora, it's perfection on inspiration. She was an assassin and beautiful but deadly. The judges criticizing his work CLEARLY have proven to myself and others this thing is rigged for anyone BUT a Bravo contestant to win.

    Honestly, I'm done with this season. It's painfully PAINFULLY obvious that it's rigged for Mondo to continue with Marie Claire for another year, and we're going to see a week designer win this season.

    Anya had to pick someone to go home not once BUT TWICE because the judges wouldn't decide on who to eliminate. Mondo get that issue? - nope, we'll allow both to stay in spite of Sam's look that makes NO SENSE at all.

    You tell me that it's not rigged for a Mondo win and I'll tell you that there is ice in Mexico.
    Kip, dzigner, Jezebella and 3 others like this.

  2. #262
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I agree that the judges should have made a decision. Asha has always had construction issues and if the judges had gotten a better look at her outfit last night, they would have seen the zipper and known that she still had issues.

    And as for Sam, I understand that he had a difficult time this challenge with personal issues but I'm sorry. I thought his outfit was fugly!

    .... I'm really missing Fashion Star and 24 Hour Catwalk.
    Although I was hoping Asha would fail miserably on this challenge (not very big of me, I know), I actually liked her look. I'm in the design-over-construction camp, so I would have chosen Asha to stay. Her design wasn't on the same level as Shan's and Oscar's, but IMO she did deserve third. I liked Sam's pants, but not the top - and not together. The dark spot on the back just looked dirty and who wants to wear something that you have to explain?

    After the first couple of episodes, I grew to like UTG because watching the mentors grow and interact added a new layer (like the judges on The Taste). But the bullying of Natalya, and Mondo's and Anya's participation in it (and even Tim Gunn!!!) has left a real sour taste in my mouth.

    I loved 24-Hour Catwalk and Fashion Star too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

    Anya had to pick someone to go home not once BUT TWICE because the judges wouldn't decide on who to eliminate. Mondo get that issue? - nope, we'll allow both to stay in spite of Sam's look that makes NO SENSE at all.

    You tell me that it's not rigged for a Mondo win and I'll tell you that there is ice in Mexico.
    I'm afraid you're right but hoping you're wrong.
    ladygreco likes this.

  3. #263
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,604

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    I think it would be absurd for either of Mondo's designers to win. Oscar and Shan are both CLEARLY miles ahead of them in innovation and execution!!

    I don't know if I buy into the "Lifetime conspiracy", but I do wholeheartedly think that Lifetime shouldn't bring back Bravo season contestants unless they are prepared to let them win when it is justified.
    dzigner, Duckyface and Babbred like this.

  4. #264
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    967

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    I agree with Kip that despite wanting Asha to crash and burn, because she's just a nasty kind of person, I thought her outfit was better than Sams. I think letting them both stay was a ridiculous decision and was because they are pandering to Mondo's ego. If Oscar or Shan don't win I'm calling a foul and, while this isn't something I've ever threatened before, I'll not return to watch next year.

  5. #265
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,137

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I don't know if I buy into the "Lifetime conspiracy", but I do wholeheartedly think that Lifetime shouldn't bring back Bravo season contestants unless they are prepared to let them win when it is justified.
    It's just way too convenient for me to not think otherwise.

    Mondo wins over Austin in the first All-Stars - OK, that's close because both were good, but if I were a judge I'd leaned toward Austin a bit more as he had fewer bottom looks the whole season (I'd look at all body of work when it's that close).

    Uli is THIRD to Emilio and ANTHONY RYAN. Now I'll concede Emilio may have edged out Uli, but Anthony Ryan was inferior to BOTH of them. Uli's in my opinion was better than Emilio's final runway.

    Korto loses to Seth Aaron - don't tell me that three times as the runner-up isn't coincidence.

    Sure, there will be debate over the runway collections and whose was better, but there's no doubt in my mind no matter HOW STRONG the Bravo contestants are in these competitions, they're going to lose to a Lifetime contestant.

    Lifetime has never let go of the fact Bravo attempted to sue the company for getting the show from them. It's quite clear to me when we see this stuff all the time.

    And if by some chance there isn't a controversy here... I do think it's stacked for a Mondo win this season when ...

    a. Anya has had to personally eliminate a contestant TWICE because of the judge's indecision, but Mondo doesn't this judging,

    b. They let Mondo wear items he sells in his store on the show, whereas I can't tell with Anya nor Nick if they're wearing anything they've sold. (Anya maybe has worn a dress once in a while, but as folks say they're a dime a dozen in her style so I can't be sure),

    c. Mondo (and Anya) have gotten away attacking the judges for their decisions, when others would've been eliminated or had it factor in judging, and

    d. Mondo has been a guest writer for Marie Claire magazine for a year or so now... why worry about having to break in a new guest writer when you can just let Mondo continue it?

    Sorry, but I'm smelling something fishy, and it isn't the fish fry folks are having for Lent.

  6. #266
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,704

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    For a second when the judges were deliberating, i thought there will be no elimination, then i thought they will leave it to Mondo to decide but they did not. Frankly, Sam's model looks like she's wearing a clown's outfit, he should have been eliminated. Also, they should have given the scare to him of being eliminated instead of Asha. Her design is much better than his, she didnt deserve that. I think Oscar did the best for the challenge. I can see the superhero theme in his design. He made an outfit that bordered on costumey but it wasnt over the top. Shan's only inspiration was the tear on Ms. Marvel's costume, i thought that was weak given the challenge. Asha's actually has that flowing top that when the model walks, it moves like she's wearing a cape which is quite interesting with the tight leather pants that superheroes wear. I think she accomplished the theme better than Shan.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    pikachu likes this.

  7. #267
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,076

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    I pushed myself to watch with the high hope that Asha would be sent packing. No such luck.

    I did appreciate Sam's pants & loved his top. I wouldn't have worn them together but that top was a win for me. Shaun was great, loved Oscar's. Asha's...sorry but what super hero would fight crime with her top with such a long train??? Okay maybe Superman..okay lack of sleep on my part; 2 hours of sleep a night for 2 weeks can do that to a person.

    Yes again lack of sleep but was Mondo wearing what looked like a child's Halloween costume or pj's?

    I do honestly think this is rigged for another Mondo win. This show has pretty mcuh put a damper on my wanting to watch Project Runway anymore & has seriously damaged my respect for Tim Gunn.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  8. #268
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Why can't the judges do their job? How is it going to be any easier or them to make a decision next week?

    This nondecision, IMO, is unfair to Shan and Oscar who clearly did better this week.
    Because it was scripted that all four would move on. That was so easily predictable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  9. #269
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,557

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    At least there will be different judges for the Finale, Heidi will be one of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  10. #270
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,704

    Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Not at all surprised at the outcome. Sheeesh! What's up with this show?

    IMO, either Sam or Asha should have been eliminated. Both of their creations were so darn far off the mark. I didn't see "action hero" elements in either of them.
    Really?! Then how do you account for Shaun's creation? You can't be an action hero wearing a skirt. And there's a reason why male superheroes don't wear kilts.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.