+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Regarding Mondo's personal style . . . If you stood Michael Kors, Nick, Anya, and Mondo up in a line and told me I could have ANY of them design a special occasion garment for me, I'd take one look at Mondo and eliminate him based on how he dresses himself. Unless, of course, the garment was to be worn to a Clown Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Incidentally, I have allergies too, but I've never heard of anyone being allergic to sequins. What on earth could have been in that fabric? I don't blame the woman for refusing to wear it, even if it was lined, given the severity of her symptoms, however. I'm allergic to wool myself, but I only break into a rash--I don't get light-headed or have difficulty breathing, and since I'm aware of that allergy, I'd warn anyone who was designing for me to stay away from wool and cashmere.
    There *is* a chance the sequins have a bit of latex in them, and it's a known allergen.

She could've also had a severe heat rash or hives (not allergies) to the sequins rubbing on her skin.

It's possible, and I sincerely doubt she was told to do this in order to throw a curve ball to Shan. It's too extreme of one.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Regarding Mondo's personal style . . . If you stood Michael Kors, Nick, Anya, and Mondo up in a line and told me I could have ANY of them design a special occasion garment for me, I'd take one look at Mondo and eliminate him based on how he dresses himself. Unless, of course, the garment was to be worn to a Clown Ball.
    It also bugged me a bit that Mondo was wearing his plus-print scarf in last night's show, which is a popular item he sells in his store. Not only was that a design made in the show (which means he shouldn't be allowed to sell it anyway - unless he's paid royalties for it), I felt it was huge self-promotion when Anya and Nick (to me anyway, and not nearly as blatant) have NOT promoted their items on the show by wearing them.

(Note, I do think his print recognizing his HIV status is very nice; however, this is not the time nor place for self-promotion. He shouldn't have been allowed to wear it. Another disappointment for me regarding this series).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I, too, thought it was weird for someone to be allergic to sequins. I wish more had been done to determine the exact cause of her allergy. Since Shan said the top was lined with cotton, it made me wonder if THAT'S what she was allergic to. You'd think that since this was an extraordinary turn of events, they could have had a model show the top on the runway, with the explanation to the judges that the client was having an allergic reaction and couldn't wear the top.

Or possibly give Shan a new client and a few extra days to work and then edit the show so that we'd never know this production disaster occured.

Maybe Project Runway and some of these other design shows might want to start testing models and clients for allergies before having them on the show. There have been many times on Face Off, too, where the models had an allergic reaction to the makeup and it created havoc for the designer.

I just can't not say anything...even though I pretty much will be repeating what's already been said.

Asha's dress (and her too, inside and out) was fugly. It didn't fit at all and it looked a hot mess to me. She's nasty and needs to be gone. I don't know why she's being so favored but it seems she is.

Oscar's gown was beautiful and made his client look absolutely fabulous! "safe"? I guess you could say that but I highly doubt they would have passed him for the win had he not won so many and had there not been some favoritism. His dress was the best beyond a shadow of a doubt. I hope he and Nick win the whole thing. I'm terrified somebody else will. Shan's dress did not impress me at all. I was sorry he had to make a new one in an hour, but that didn't make it fabulous...it was not fabulous at all. The shape wasn't flattering to me and it was drab.

I agree about Tim not seeming right on this show without being Heidi's cohort. He seems sort of out of place. I hope his head is not getting too big since the show has his name in it. But nobody I saw was meaner to Natalya than Asha. I would have liked to see something from Natalya in this challenge because I think she's a better designer than they think she is.

Go Oscar!
    Go home Asha! and take your fugly designs and attitude with you. It's foolish to behave this way on tv...some people will take note and perhaps not do business with you.
    pikachu, GabbyG, Jezebella and 4 others like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought Oscar's dress was the best as well Lilymax. His "model" very well could have been my very own daughter - their physical similarities would have you believing the two of them are sisters. Perhaps the gown did "age" her, but when you are 23 and look 16, isn't that a good thing in the grown-up world you're trying to be a part of?

I knew there was no way Oscar was going home and taking Nick with him.

My prediction: each "mentor" has one designer remaining at the end for the finale. Yeah, it's predictable, but for their first go-round (season one), it's better to be safe than sorry. We are all tired of the DRAMA that frequents the PR regular seasons and the All-Star versions, so let's rock the boat as little as possible and give it a better chance of having a season two (although I wouldn't be offended if it isn't renewed).
    GabbyG, lilymax and jucamer like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I just can't not say anything...even though I pretty much will be repeating what's already been said.

Asha's dress (and her too, inside and out) was fugly. It didn't fit at all and it looked a hot mess to me. She's nasty and needs to be gone. I don't know why she's being so favored but it seems she is.

I swear I will not watch the final if she is in it. I'm afraid that she is being favored for some odd reason. Being saved over Natalya, almost winning this week--either she's been anointed with Most Favored Designer status or the judges are smoking something. I hope she doesn't win for Tim's sake. If she does, it will be another Gretchen-type affair and his show will be sunk. I, too, would be willing to give Tim another chance.

Oscar's gown was beautiful and made his client look absolutely fabulous! "safe"? I guess you could say that but I highly doubt they would have passed him for the win had he not won so many and had there not been some favoritism. His dress was the best beyond a shadow of a doubt. I hope he and Nick win the whole thing. I'm terrified somebody else will.

I wondered about that, as well. Did they think they had to pick somebody else since Oscar had won other challenges? Or was the fix in since Oscar is mentored by Nick? As for winning the whole shebang, I'm also afraid that TPTB are against Nick. Why? Because they want to court the young, hip crowd by having Mondo or Anya win? Disgusting.

Shan's dress did not impress me at all. I was sorry he had to make a new one in an hour, but that didn't make it fabulous...it was not fabulous at all. The shape wasn't flattering to me and it was drab.

I did feel sorry for Shan, but his dress was not spectacular enough for a win. It was basically just a piece of fabric that he cut. Even that cut has been done before so it wasn't original. Oscar's dress put his in the shade.

I agree about Tim not seeming right on this show without being Heidi's cohort. He seems sort of out of place. I hope his head is not getting too big since the show has his name in it. But nobody I saw was meaner to Natalya than Asha. I would have liked to see something from Natalya in this challenge because I think she's a better designer than they think she is.

Go Oscar!
    Go home Asha! and take your fugly designs and attitude with you. It's foolish to behave this way on tv...some people will take note and perhaps not do business with you.

I also agree. Maybe the pressure of trying to carry on his own show is getting to Tim.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When I see Asha's attitude and ability, I keep seeing Gretchen ("Wretchen") . . . if Asha wins, I'm done with this show forever.
    GabbyG and lilymax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When I see Asha's attitude and ability, I keep seeing Gretchen ("Wretchen") . . . if Asha wins, I'm done with this show forever.
    I couldn't stomach Gretchen. Oh, my!!

Asha isn't my favorite AT ALL but I just can't put her in the same category as Gretchen.

I'll be way beyond disappointed if Asha wins but I don't think she will. This is Ocsar's game to lose, imo.
    GabbyG likes this.

I just watched this on the Lifetime website. This show is strange. What on earth did anyone find attractive about Asha's dress? The color, the cut, the fit...all awful. The gown Oscar made was drop dead gorgeous...and he was SAFE?!!! If the challenge had been to make a dress in an hour than Oscar should have won. Oscar's beautiful top should have won, had it made it to the runway. Or, at least been under consideration for the win with Oscar. But with what was actually on the runway, Oscar had by far the most beautiful dress.

And, note to Asha. Bright red lipstick does not flatter you.
    pikachu, Florimel, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread