+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Decided to watch, after all. I just turn down the volume whenever Asha speaks.

Let's see. "Last week was a nightmare. Let's just try to forget about it" says Asha. Er, darling, I have a feeling you're not going to forget about this for a long time.

It seems that Oscar had time management issues. At Mood, we heard Tim saying, "Good-bye, Oscar!" as if he were lingering.
    GabbyG and jucamer like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I can't believe how much I can not stands Mondo. Ahhhhhhh
    Florimel and ladygreco like this.

I was bummed Asha was in the top, but I'm very glad she didn't win. I can only hope they are setting up to have the top three with one designer per mentor and they'll get rid of Asha next week so Mondo will be left with Sam!

I felt so bad for Shan. I really wanted to see the completed version of that first outfit he was designing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kip, wannasee and Photobabe like this.

Honestly, I'm going to say this much:

Shan's work - beautiful BOTH versions of the outfit. I agree with him and Anya though - the sequin top and pants also would've been lovely and were well made. You could tell that the model loved BOTH outfits, but really truly hated having Shan have to do another dress, even though it wasn't either fault. I loved how she even told him that she was fine with a dress and HELPED him that way instead of being a diva. Makes the wins he got tonight even sweeter - he was encouraged. Anya did gain an uptick for me this week, though she's not totally out of hot water in my view for her challenging the judges.

Asha's looked ugly - the color really didn't flatter the young woman and in fact I think she looked heavier in the copper. She shouldn't have been in the top two. Still think she should've been eliminated in a double elimination.

I didn't appreciate Tim's comment about Oscar's work being "Way too Safe." Simple, yes, but it was no more safe than most of the designers tonight. (Oh, and Tim was refering to Oscar the dog at Mood, not the contestant - had nothing to do with time management, unless it's that Oscar uses it TOO efficiently this week and made a safe dress).

Oscar I will admit needed to push the boundaries, but the dress WAS lovely and better made than Asha's. On the positive, Oscar will most likely use that to push himself than take it to heart. Plus, he's won at least two challenges, and needed a kick in the thought process to do better. The young woman too looked taller and sophisticated, especially when she has to shop in the youth department and doesn't like that.

Sam... I actually liked his dress, but I'm not surprised he was eliminated.

The other contestant (sorry, name slips my mind) same thing - not the best outfit, but safe enough to not be eliminated.

I have a feeling that our final three will be Oscar, Asha and Shan if they keep each mentor in the competition. That said, if Lifetime INSISTS that a Lifetime contestant (past or present) wins these contests, then we will probably see the end of Nick this next week. I doubt that though, unless Mondo REALLY has some weight in his comments and influences their decisions.

Honestly, as long as one of Mondo's protegee's don't win so he can win, I will be happy. Anya and Nick overall have had the better contestants.

(One final note, I'm glad Anya didn't shave the sides of her head this season - she really does look sophisticated. And Mondo? - I used to hate what he wore, but I'm not surprised he wears the get-ups he does - he really DOES act like a child, and still did this week).
    Kip, Duckyface, wannasee and 2 others like this.

I thought it was interesting that the judges' reason for putting Asha in the top two this week was exactly the same as what they said about Natalia when she was in the top two and the other mentors had a fit.

I agree that the idea behind Asha's dress was fine, but it fit terribly and once again made her model look pregnant.

Anya can't have felt good to have both of her remaining two in the bottom. I wasn't surprised to see Blake go home. He's been flirting with goodbye for weeks now.
    Kip and Duckyface like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was a bit odd that Oscar was criticized for making his model look older when that's precisely what she wanted--she said she was sick of buying her clothes in the children's department and wanted to look grown up. She also specifically asked for a gown, because she does pageants. Basically, he gave her exactly what she asked for, and he did a beautiful job of construction. So what was the problem? Although, frankly, it sounded mostly like it was one judge's problem, as one of the other ones pointed out that she herself was in her twenties, and she'd happily wear the dress he'd designed.

I'm okay with Shan winning because a)I'd rather anyone but Asha win at this point and b)while I wasn't that crazy about his one-hour dress, he did do it in one hour, and I suspect he very well might have won anyway, with his original outfit, had his model not been allergic to the fabric. Incidentally, I have allergies too, but I've never heard of anyone being allergic to sequins. What on earth could have been in that fabric? I don't blame the woman for refusing to wear it, even if it was lined, given the severity of her symptoms, however. I'm allergic to wool myself, but I only break into a rash--I don't get light-headed or have difficulty breathing, and since I'm aware of that allergy, I'd warn anyone who was designing for me to stay away from wool and cashmere.
    Kip, GabbyG and wannasee like this.

Some quick thoughts on tonight's episode:

1. Does Mondo look in the mirror or is he missing a filter about what he wears? Was he wearing a sequin dress tonight? The way he dresses screams out for attention, but not in a good way.

2. I think Tim makes a better side kick for Heidi on PR than he does carrying the host role on Under the Gunn. He appears very awkward in that role. He seems more comfortable working with Heidi than standing alone.

3. Oscar should have been in the top two tonight with Shan. He did exactly what he client asked for, and made her look amazing.

4. It is so hard to watch Asha, who made a smug comment at the beginning of the show about the last episode. She has become so unlikeable, and her designs are of poor construction.
    pikachu, GabbyG, tinderbox and 4 others like this.

Ha...best teaser and then line in the whole thing, for me: "I don't want to lose Asha because of construction..." ;-)

Ugh, the "previously seens" just made me madder about Asha and Mondo. Definitely thought Oscar should have been up there with Shan for the best look, as he did give his client what she wanted and it was impeccably "constructed"! I can't even remember all the little things I made note of, just trying to think about the designers and who I'd be good with winning, even if it means a mentor I do not like also wins. :-(

Blake was a nice kid, so I'm sorry in that regard for him to go but he seems to need to expand a bit. Hilarious whoever said that Blake and his client could be siblings...was it Shan? I agree. She also reminded me of an actress but I haven't come through with who it is, yet. Kinda can't wait for the finale, to be over with this...

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm also not feeling the love for Tim, Mondo, and Anya. Sadly, I hope Under the Gunn doesn't continue for another season if this is the way it's going to be.

Natalia had construction issues, true...but she had least had a vision and she's exactly the type of contestant who could benefit the most from having a mentor, which is supposed to be the whole point of this show.

I felt so sorry for the poor girl because she was bullied not only by the other contestants but the other mentors and even Tim, to some extent. Then they wondered why she had self-esteem issues.

Nick was overdoing his role as mentor in the beginning but he got better along the way and I applaud him for sticking up for his designers and not stooping to Mondo and Anya's level.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I thought it was a bit odd that Oscar was criticized for making his model look older when that's precisely what she wanted--she said she was sick of buying her clothes in the children's department and wanted to look grown up. She also specifically asked for a gown, because she does pageants. Basically, he gave her exactly what she asked for, and he did a beautiful job of construction. So what was the problem? Although, frankly, it sounded mostly like it was one judge's problem, as one of the other ones pointed out that she herself was in her twenties, and she'd happily wear the dress he'd designed.

If you remember, the client said she loved the glamor of Old Hollywood (like me!). And the bad judge said it was too safe. My guess would be she's so used to the crud that New Hollywood wears and that passes for "fashion" that she can't appreciate the real thing.

I'm okay with Shan winning because a)I'd rather anyone but Asha win at this point and b)while I wasn't that crazy about his one-hour dress, he did do it in one hour, and I suspect he very well might have won anyway, with his original outfit, had his model not been allergic to the fabric. Incidentally, I have allergies too, but I've never heard of anyone being allergic to sequins. What on earth could have been in that fabric? I don't blame the woman for refusing to wear it, even if it was lined, given the severity of her symptoms, however. I'm allergic to wool myself, but I only break into a rash--I don't get light-headed or have difficulty breathing, and since I'm aware of that allergy, I'd warn anyone who was designing for me to stay away from wool and cashmere.

I wonder if Shan got the sympathy vote this week? I don't even care because he is a lovely human being and makes lovely clothing. And it kept Asha from winning, although it still irritates me that she made it to the top and so thinks she's the cat's meow.

That's me being catty in return. You ain't all that, honey. I am so glad others have criticized her dress. I thought I was crazy since the judges loved it. I thought the color was terrible, and you're not kidding, Miss_Griss, when you say she looked pregnant. That was the first thing I thought when the client stepped on the runway.
    GabbyG, jucamer and Photobabe like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread