+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

See now I have a different take on Natalia's indecision on fabric choice. My take was that Asha was vetoing every choice Natalia was making. Tim got frustrated with the time clicking away.
    I love Tim Gunn. He is the 1 celebrity I have always said I would love to meet. I am very disappointed to read him calling anyone soul sucking. My admiration of him has really taken a hit.
    Kip, Florimel, GabbyG and 7 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

It looks like the majority of commenters in his post are disagreeing with his take as well. He may need to make a follow-up post.
    ladygreco likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Well, I say we (the viewers) struck a nerve! Good.
    Florimel, Babbred and sunnydayz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm sorry, but as much as Tim is upset that people are calling what happened being bullied, I have to say I agree with it.

Tim could've told Natalia that she would have to use Muslin due to her time indecision, thereby not punishing the other designers, only her. That is HIS and production's fault.

In his response, he says that Natalya's constant time management issues were driving everybody else crazy. Well, as you point out, Jade, there are ways to deal with that. For instance, at Mood, gather up the other designers and leave on time. Tough cookies if somebody's not finished. They can use the muslin. We've already seen Tim use this approach with Isabella in the workroom, so why couldn't he have done the same with Natalya?

Tim also says that Natalya was always asking the other designers for advice, which bugged them. Well, as a teacher, I can say there is a way to stop that. "Natalya, I am working on my dress. You need to work on yours. End of conversation." It's called "getting a student back on task," and if I can do it with unruly high schoolers, why couldn't the designers have done it with Natalya?

Also, even if he was irritated with Natalya at Mood, he should not have shown it. That was very unprofessional. I can't say that I'm a saint and have never shown frustration at a student's behavior. However, I have always felt badly afterwards because it's drilled into teachers that you are not supposed to take things out on your students. Lord knows we've seen irritating designers on PR, but Tim never showed his frustration there (not that we saw, anyway).

And over on Tim's response, several people raised a good point. This is supposed to be Tim's show. If Natalya was so irritating, why not show it so that viewers would want her gone? Why give her the sympathetic edit? It looks badly that Tim apparently doesn't have control of his own show.

Mondo may not have been to Tim a "bully" but he WAS RUDE to Natalia, and he let it slide.

Amen. Tim just stood there and allowed Mondo to insult a designer that wasn't his. Again, very unprofessional. I don't care if Tim was irritated, too, he should have risen above it and allowed Natalya to explain. It's even more inexcusable since Tim has seen from the beginning how fragile Natalya is emotionally.

Calling someone a "soul sucker" is a form of bulling - it's called verbal abuse, or name calling at the very least. Whether or not Natalia came across that way on the show, he should show proper decorum and keep that personal opinion to himself.

I would be fired if I said something like that about a student in public. Shame, shame, shame, on you, Tim.

And what Anya and Mondo did - questioning the judges, should NEVER be allowed, even if the person may feel in agreement with their comments. This is a contest for a lot of money, and if their comments affect the decision, it can lead to calls of the show being rigged for entertainment purposes (and with a prize as large as these have been for any "PR" series... it's within reason that the FCC would indeed see it as a scandal).

I'm sorry, but Tim here disappoints me. He knows better and he should be ashamed of the tone of his comments.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if a losing designer said, "I'm sorry, I don't understand why you picked that one. Could you please explain some more?" As long as they kept it polite and humble. There are no other words for what Anya and Mondo did but "pathetic" and "childish."

I am seriously contemplating not watching the rest of this show. I may even give up on PR. I don't know. I'll have to wrestle with this. I just feel so disappointed in Tim because I have always loved him on TV. My cousin even got to meet him and said he was very nice in person, too.
    Kip, Florimel, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I was not impressed by what Tim had to say and I am also disappointed in him. I also think she was bullied. If not bullied, at the very least she was ostracized and ignored. It was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I was not impressed by what Tim had to say and I am also disappointed in him. I also think she was bullied. If not bullied, at the very least she was ostracized and ignored. It was pathetic.
    Very accurate, and like they've said with other shows... you may be 'edited' into a certain light... but you present the footage to have it edited that way. Don't want to risk being edited in a bad light (including Tim) DON'T act that way on film.
    GabbyG, lilymax and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    See now I have a different take on Natalia's indecision on fabric choice. My take was that Asha was vetoing every choice Natalia was making. Tim got frustrated with the time clicking away.
    I love Tim Gunn. He is the 1 celebrity I have always said I would love to meet. I am very disappointed to read him calling anyone soul sucking. My admiration of him has really taken a hit.
    Weird, I could have sworn I posted something else but it was partly similar to this. I don't know why but my instinctive thought was that Asha's fabrics took priority and budget, to where they ended up out of time and money for Natalia to get what she wanted. I guess in true reality tv manner, it doesn't matter what really happened, that's what I believe, so Asha takes the brunt of my distaste on that, and unfortunately, Tim a lesser amount.
    pikachu and GabbyG like this.

Tim disappointed me, too. I wonder if his enormous popularity has gone to his head or if being in charge exposed his bad side. Maybe both, but getting defensive about it didn't help.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Weird, I could have sworn I posted something else but it was partly similar to this. I don't know why but my instinctive thought was that Asha's fabrics took priority and budget, to where they ended up out of time and money for Natalia to get what she wanted. I guess in true reality tv manner, it doesn't matter what really happened, that's what I believe, so Asha takes the brunt of my distaste on that, and unfortunately, Tim a lesser amount.

You and PA Snow Bunny are correct. Throughout their time at Mood, Asha whined and shot down whatever Natalya said. Somehow Natalya managed to get some fabric, anyway, but then they were over budget. Asha then threw a tantrum and insisted they had to throw out Natalya's fabric.

That's how they ended up with a blue bedsheet and a hippie dippie outfit. Honestly, as that poor model stood on the runway in that ridiculous outfit, I kept expecting her to run around scattering rose petals and singing about peace, love, and harmony.
    lilymax and wannasee like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Let me guess, their darling Asha is going to get the curvy woman. It's just a big coincidence that that happens to be who she likes to design for right?

Oooh called it. What a surprise!

+ Reply to Thread