+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

I finally watched the show last night.

Oh, my! Where to start....

1. Mondo needs to be put in a time out chair. He exhibited rude behavior and such an air of superiority this entire episode. I think he has forgotten that, not too long ago, he was a mere contestant on a reality show, as well. Shame on him!

2. Asha's garment was absolutely hideous. What was she thinking?

3. Although Natalia's dress was poorly constructed it was much more wearable than that uglya$$ breastplate thing Asha made.

4. Asha (and Mondo) spent the better part of the challenge sitting atop their high horses, looking down on Natalia, and lost sight of what the task was about. What young hip female would ever consider purchasing and wearing Asha's garment?

5. I have mixed feelings about Tim's comment to Natalie at Mood. I understand there's a lot we don't see but I don't think he was hearing was being said and was more concerned about time constraints. He lost his cool...which is a first for the tv viewers to witness. Yeah, he's not a saint and it's probably happened before but I admire him and his mentoring skills so I was disappointed for Natalie. Oh, well....

6. I have mixed feelings about Natalia basically eliminating herself. I wish we could have heard more of the judges' comments when they were deciding who to send home. Wonder if the outcome would have been different if Natalie just let things play out normally.

7. Asha should have been sent home. I hated what she produced these last two episodes and know I'm not alone.

8. I liked what Blake and Sam made and wish they would have won but I'm happy with the final choice.
    Kip, Jezebella, ladygreco and 2 others like this.

I am surprised that Lifetime has edited the show this way (unless they had even worse footage that they couldn't show)! They are losing lots of viewers & Tim is losing a bit of his shine...............

i will have to watch this episode again. i wasn't aware that tim was rude to natalya. im disappointed though, if he was. i thought he was better than that.

To the Point

As they were trying to finish up a mood Tim was doing the usual prodding of everyone because of time and, IIRC he asked Natalia and Asha what the problem was and Natalia tried to say that she wanted a fabric they weren't getting and he was extremely short and snippy in his response and seemed really put out with her. It was really quick and would be really easy to miss.
    GabbyG likes this.

FORT Fogey

Boy. I read that scene completely differently. Natalia was pushing buttons big time. She should have gotten what she wanted during the time allocated. Tim was forceful but I think he had no choice.

Mondo is one of my favorite designers to ever come out of PR. I like him on this show too. He's always had pretty strong opinions. He and Anya want to win this thing for sure and the competitiveness is showing. It adds to the drama of the show, though, so I'm ok with it.

Although Nick's energy is something else, no? So happy and pleasant - and not one for ugliness. Can't help but adore that/him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Boy. I read that scene completely differently. Natalia was pushing buttons big time. She should have gotten what she wanted during the time allocated. Tim was forceful but I think he had no choice.

Mondo is one of my favorite designers to ever come out of PR. I like him on this show too. He's always had pretty strong opinions. He and Anya want to win this thing for sure and the competitiveness is showing. It adds to the drama of the show, though, so I'm ok with it.

Although Nick's energy is something else, no? So happy and pleasant - and not one for ugliness. Can't help but adore that/him.
    That's why I said I had mixed feelings. He probably didn't have a choice. I mentioned it because I think it's the first time we've been allowed to see Tim lose his cool in a major way.

He doesn't really address the obviously bad behavior by Mondo and Anya. I wasn't disappointed in Tim's behavior on the show, but this statement he put out makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I'm sorry, but as much as Tim is upset that people are calling what happened being bullied, I have to say I agree with it.

Tim could've told Natalia that she would have to use Muslin due to her time indecision, thereby not punishing the other designers, only her. That is HIS and production's fault.

Mondo may not have been to Tim a "bully" but he WAS RUDE to Natalia, and he let it slide.

Calling someone a "soul sucker" is a form of bulling - it's called verbal abuse, or name calling at the very least. Whether or not Natalia came across that way on the show, he should show proper decorum and keep that personal opinion to himself.

And what Anya and Mondo did - questioning the judges, should NEVER be allowed, even if the person may feel in agreement with their comments. This is a contest for a lot of money, and if their comments affect the decision, it can lead to calls of the show being rigged for entertainment purposes (and with a prize as large as these have been for any "PR" series... it's within reason that the FCC would indeed see it as a scandal).

I'm sorry, but Tim here disappoints me. He knows better and he should be ashamed of the tone of his comments.
    Kip, Florimel, GabbyG and 6 others like this.

The FCC is never a factor in these kinds of shows -- people often want to complain to the FCC in the Big Brother forums too, but these shows aren't classified as 'game shows' with the FCC, but as 'reality shows', which means they aren't governed by the same rules as game shows. As long as they add the right disclaimers in tiny text in the closing credits, they can pretty much do whatever they want.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread