+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

:-( I was so hoping that Natalia would get paired with Sam or Blake. How was her bodice this week so much worse than Asha's whole front last week?! I was hoping that even after saying Asha should stay, the judges would keep Natalia. I'd just be repeating everyone else's comments if I went on. Hope that this is somehow recognized, at least by Tim. Nick had trouble over-stepping at first, which they really played up. Maybe that was the famous, reality show reverse psych, to downplay that he comes through the winner. :-)
    Miss_Griss, Kip, ladygreco and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This was the 1st episode of the show I watched live & in full. WOW! I always thought of mentors as teachers. For another mentor to talk so horribly about another mentor's designer is just plain wrong. Talk about being a bully from a designer who openly wept on PR about being bullied.
    This will be the last show I watch. I love Tim but this can not be tolerated. I am really surprised & disappointed that Tim did not intervene on Natalia & Nick's behalf. Yes I agree that Nick will be the Tim Gunn of the future. IIRC isn't he already an instructor at FIT?
    Okay trying my best to not be catty here but that white top thingy looked like it was one of my Mom's tablecloths. Don't get me started on the trim.
    Nick is an instructor at FIDM, Los Angeles. He also graduated from FIDM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    ugh. so disappointed ugly asha is still there. i hope she leaves soon, i can't stand to look at her. poor natalya. i wish she had been a bit of a stronger personality, and told asha how the cow ate the cabbage.

Yes, I can see the long-term advantages of taking the high road. Honestly, though, sometimes I wish these reality TV contestants would just say the truth: I was bullied and harassed. I mean, for Pete's sake, with the country being so anti-bullying now, you'd probably get more sympathy than just bowing out like Natalya did.

I'm passionate about this because I was bullied in high school. I was the new kid, the nerd--back when that term was an insult, not a badge of cool. Some boys made my life hell, but I never reported it because they were the "cool kids" so I didn't think anybody would support me. By golly, I would have torn Asha to pieces on that runway. I would have listed every single thing she did--including that she thought it was a fluke the judges had rated me in the Top 3! Let her look those judges in the eye and defend herself over that one. And then I would have spat, "You wanted to lead this team, sweetheart? Well, guess what. Leaders get the praise when things go brilliantly, and they take the blame when it fails spectacularly. So step up and take the consequences for your leadership."

but she showed grace, which asha probably can't even spell.

Amen!

i like oscar and i hope he wins. i hope asha is long gone and nowhere to be seen in the final. she's only really done a couple of things that were decent. the rest was crap.

i'm not totally sure i will watch because i really dislike anya and mondo now.

I will watch to see the fashions. However, I will FF to the runway because I don't want to hear anymore whining, self-righteous crap from Mondo, Anya, and Asha. Speaking of take the consequences, let the first two step up and take it when Oscar wins and Nick stands there beside him, beaming.
    Kip, GabbyG, ladygreco and 2 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I had hoped that Mondo and Anya would rehabilitate themselves a little this week, but sadly they didn't.

Asha is just so vapid. She lacks any self reflection. Her construction has been one of the worst in many challenges, so to have her and Anya criticizing Natalia's construction just makes me realize how unselfaware they both are. Monda is right up there with them in being so wrapped up in himself and his self righteousness that he can't even see how he is bullying and encouraging his team to bully. Are they just so young they are that immature?

But then look at how graciously Natalia handled it all season, even though you could see how it affected her just by her body language alone. She felt beaten down, unwanted, unappreciated all season and then how Asha treated her during this challenge. Like everyone knew poor Asha was saddled with this undesirable Natalia. UGH!! So ugly, just like Asha's dashiki.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 03-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Kip, GabbyG, ladygreco and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I had hoped that Mondo and Anya would rehabilitate themselves a little this week, but sadly they didn't.

Asha is just so vapid. She lacks any self reflection. Her construction has been one of the worst in many challenges, so to have her and Anya criticizing Natalia's construction just makes me realize how unselfaware they both are. Monda is right up there with them in being so wrapped up in himself and his self righteousness that he can't even see how he is bullying and encouraging his team to bully. Are they just so young they are that immature?

But then look at how graciously Natalia handled it all season, even though you could see how it affected her just by her body language alone. She felt beaten down, unwanted, unappreciated all season and then how Asha treated her during this challenge. Like everyone knew poor Asha was saddled with this undesirable Natalia. UGH!! So ugly, just like Asha's dashiki.

Upthread I talked about Michael C. and how he was bullied on that season of PR. I remember him saying that it almost drove him to a nervous breakdown, literally. The constant stress of having to walk into a workroom where Wretchen and Hivy would undermine him, plus knowing that the other designers either supported them or would turn a blind eye, nearly drove him to collapse. The only thing that saved him was when they brought in the families and so he got some support. That's why I can understand Natalya's decision to just throw yourself under the bus and get out of there. Why go through that crud every week if you don't have to? Better to go home and get some peace and get on with your life.

In fact, it's eerie. Either Asha will get eliminated before the final (like Ivy) or she will make it but be reviled by America (Gretchen). Either way, I don't see much of a career for her after this. Talk about lack of self-awareness.

Remember back in the workroom, when Natalya tried to tell Mondo that they had chosen lousy fabrics, and he cut her off? She was holding what looked like a blue sheet--just like my bedsheet. I have to admit that I laughed when Asha's dress with that fabric ended up in the bottom. So what's that about no excuses, Mondo?
    Kip, Florimel, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Remember back in the workroom, when Natalya tried to tell Mondo that they had chosen lousy fabrics, and he cut her off? She was holding what looked like a blue sheet--just like my bedsheet. I have to admit that I laughed when Asha's dress with that fabric ended up in the bottom. So what's that about no excuses, Mondo?
    Ha! That was the most ironic bit of the whole show...well, actually, I'm torn. I was very surprised at what Tim said to Natalia when she said she'd wanted a certain fabric. I guess there was stuff we didn't see but his reaction really surprised me and I hope he takes to heart the comments about this episode. But Mondo cutting Natalia off about making excuses or whatever...Sorry, but I never really got his pieces, figured I'm just not "high fashion" enough. But I empathized with him. As others have said, very off-putting that he doesn't see how unempathetic he's being towards Natalia. Oh and btw, I never in my life heard of a dashiki, it should be an alcoholic drink.
    ladygreco and Babbred like this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Ha! That was the most ironic bit of the whole show...well, actually, I'm torn. I was very surprised at what Tim said to Natalia when she said she'd wanted a certain fabric. I guess there was stuff we didn't see but his reaction really surprised me and I hope he takes to heart the comments about this episode. But Mondo cutting Natalia off about making excuses or whatever...Sorry, but I never really got his pieces, figured I'm just not "high fashion" enough. But I empathized with him. As others have said, very off-putting that he doesn't see how unempathetic he's being towards Natalia. Oh and btw, I never in my life heard of a dashiki, it should be an alcoholic drink.
    That really bugged me. I just felt that Tim was actually rude to Natalia. Yes, I know that we only see part of what goes on, but it really shouldn't take too much to be polite.
    tinderbox and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Natalia had her time issues yes, but she was by far the classiest person out of the team pairing and Mondo AND Asha can learn a lesson or two from her on humbleness in regard to who should go home. I think she'll do well on her own time and pacing as far as design - she's got the ideas and the creativity (especially if she designed the steampunk dress with the pully - steampunk is quite popular right now). Asha? - she just showed she doesn't work well with others, and she has most likely hurt herself post-show with the snotty attitude.

If I were the judges - I'd honestly had eliminated BOTH of them. Natalia I think was to the point of "Just eliminate me and give me a break from the snobs" but Asha had bad designing.

And yes, Asha would've deserved it - she was so annoyed with Natalia that instead of putting it aside and working hard, she nearly sabotaged herself out of the competition (and I wish she had honestly).

Was glad Shan and Oscar both won, but was impressed that Oscar deferred to Shan for the win. Shows class, and honestly I'd be happy with either of them winning (even if the fact that if Shan won Anya would win... but I'm going for the contestant not the mentor there. At least Mondo wouldn't win in that situation). I really liked their designs as well as the "Safe" team.
    I was hoping that they would send Asha home, too! She has had very few designs that were really good and a lot that sucked. She's not nearly as good as she thinks she is. I hope she leaves soon!

For those who've said that they can't stand watching the drama and are just going to fast-forward to the end for the fashions. I've been doing that for weeks, so luckily I've missed all of the bad behavior except the things that happened during judging. But there's been plenty in just those bits.

I kind of wish that, if Natalia really wanted to go home, she would have said something like: "I've been relentlessly bullied by the other mentors and their designers, and I know that either Oscar or Shan should win, so I'd like to leave while I still have a bit of my sanity left." That would have forced Tim to have to take a look at what was going on if he didn't know already, though I suppose they could have just not played that part and cut her anyway.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 03-23-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I will watch to see the fashions. However, I will FF to the runway because I don't want to hear anymore whining, self-righteous crap from Mondo, Anya, and Asha. Speaking of take the consequences, let the first two step up and take it when Oscar wins and Nick stands there beside him, beaming.
    [/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said this better! If there is any justice in all of this, Oscar and Nick will win. And Mondo, Anya, Asha and the rest will be left the consequences of their bullying behaviors.
    jucamer likes this.

I went on the shows official site, Rate the Runway section, and read the comments. They pretty much mirrored our comments. I was appalled as I watched this episode. The nastiness of Asha was bad enough, but to see Tim being rude to a designer was beyond anything I could have imagined. And Anya and Mondo...mean, rude bullies. What a shame that this show had to go that route. Hugs to you Natalia, if you should ever read this.
    tinderbox and jucamer like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread