+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Sour grapes from Mondo & Anya about Natalia. I really like her & hope she or Oscar make it to the end. I think Mondo is highly overrated (and I was his biggest fan on his first season) & Anya is just uninspiring as a mentor. I hope Nick takes it to the end
    I couldn't agree more! SORE LOSERS from both Mondo and Anya! Totally shows a lack of class on both of their parts! We are seeing the real Mondo and Anya finally, and it doesn't look good. GO NICK!!!
    AZChristian, jucamer and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I have to say I have been impressed by Nick. I wasn't his biggest fan at the start, although I felt sorry for him when everyone was picking Mondo or Anya as their mentors over him. However he didn't whine and moan about it or how he was left with the team no one else wanted.

He really over did his mentoring at the beginning, but he was willing to learn and I think it came from a place of really wanting to help. He always listened to what Tim had to say with an open mind and a mostly shut mouth and tried to follow the advice. He didn't display ego by thinking that he knew better than Tim or the other mentors how to mentor, but tried his best to improve. He seems very willing to take constructive criticism without taking offense and use it to better himself and his contestants. It's not easy to not get defensive when you're being criticized so I'm impressed by that.

I even thought he handled the whole confrontation with Anya and Mondo pretty well. I really disliked when Mondo tried to twist what Nick said into knots and throw it back at him, but Nick didn't turn hostile and angry. I have to say that whole confrontation really made me think less of Mondo, whose designs I love. Trying to talk to Anya and Mondo was like beating your head against the wall
    I was appalled at both Mondo and Anya's behavior, not only to Nick, but in turning their remaining designers against Natalia. This goes way beyond a "Mean Girls" attitude, it is ignorant of both of them to think that is ok and I think it will come back to bite them. They both acted petulant and arrogant, and any admiration I might have had for either of them is gone.

Sorry I can't stand Asha or Mondo. I can't believe how disgusted I have become with him and his pretentious geisha girl hairdo - REALLY MONDO?? Natalia did not deserve to go home -that God awful tunic was the worst thing on that runway. I felt so bad for her - Mondo has mentored Asha VERY well

Normally I'm a nice person like Natalya. However, I've had a bad week at work so I'm loaded for bear.

I was so proud of Natalya at the end. When she said in that ITM after losing, "I showed I was a good person," I cheered. You go, girl! Take that moral high ground and show the world what pretentious twits Asha and Mondo are. Not that they needed any help. I am SO glad Asha got plenty of air time this episode. I hope she continues to end up in the bottom and that Mondo continues to whine about how great she is. The more the two of you talk the faster you dig your graves.

And I was so proud of Shan and Oscar. They were first class all the way. Great attitudes, great fashion. I'm glad that they knocked it out of the ballpark because it just showed even more glaringly how crappy Asha's "We (I) deserve to be in the top" outfits were.
    Kip, Florimel, GabbyG and 6 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Good for Shan and Oscar. They are very different and proved that people can make it work in this type of situation!

I liked Blake and Sam's collection too. I still have a hard time telling those two apart.

I just felt ill over Asha and Natalia. Even with her construction issues, Natalia did not deserve to go home. She spent this challenge having her design ideas ignored, her fabric choices thrown out, and having to deal with snippy comments from both Asha and Mondo. Asha's whole "I'm trying to make the best of it" was just a passive aggressive attack. I'm glad Tim commented on her creativity and I'm glad she was looking at the positive side that she was true to herself and was a good person throughout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kip, GabbyG, Duckyface and 2 others like this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Good for Shan and Oscar. They are very different and proved that people can make it work in this type of situation!

I liked Blake and Sam's collection too. I still have a hard time telling those two apart.

I just felt ill over Asha and Natalia. Even with her construction issues, Natalia did not deserve to go home. She spent this challenge having her design ideas ignored, her fabric choices thrown out, and having to deal with snippy comments from both Asha and Mondo. Asha's whole "I'm trying to make the best of it" was just a passive aggressive attack. I'm glad Tim commented on her creativity and I'm glad she was looking at the positive side that she was true to herself and was a good person throughout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cannot agree more! I just cannot believe how nasty they treated Natalia. What Asha didn't get though was that Natalia was basically saying that when Asha goes home she will have no one else to blame. By falling on her sword she eliminated the possibility that Asha could blame her when her time comes, which I hope is REALLY soon.

Natalia had her time issues yes, but she was by far the classiest person out of the team pairing and Mondo AND Asha can learn a lesson or two from her on humbleness in regard to who should go home. I think she'll do well on her own time and pacing as far as design - she's got the ideas and the creativity (especially if she designed the steampunk dress with the pully - steampunk is quite popular right now). Asha? - she just showed she doesn't work well with others, and she has most likely hurt herself post-show with the snotty attitude.

If I were the judges - I'd honestly had eliminated BOTH of them. Natalia I think was to the point of "Just eliminate me and give me a break from the snobs" but Asha had bad designing.

And yes, Asha would've deserved it - she was so annoyed with Natalia that instead of putting it aside and working hard, she nearly sabotaged herself out of the competition (and I wish she had honestly).

Was glad Shan and Oscar both won, but was impressed that Oscar deferred to Shan for the win. Shows class, and honestly I'd be happy with either of them winning (even if the fact that if Shan won Anya would win... but I'm going for the contestant not the mentor there. At least Mondo wouldn't win in that situation). I really liked their designs as well as the "Safe" team.
    Miss_Griss, Kip, pikachu and 3 others like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I could barely stand to watch this episode with the way Asha and Mondo treated Natalia. I was so hoping that Asha would be sent home. Her design was awful last week and her designs were awful this week. Yeah, the construction on Natalia's bodice was bad, but at least the design was there.

Natalia probably wouldn't have made it to the final three anyway, so she's probably relieved to be out of there. What a classy young woman.

It was touching how Oscar said the win should go to Shan because he had 3 kids. It reminded me of a competition in the boxing reality show "The Contender" where the prize in a race was a new car. The guy who was in first place stopped a foot short of the finish line and let the next person come in first. When asked why he did that, he said because the guy had kids and had never had a new car before.

I can't tell you how much I despise Asha. She is just plain nasty. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I could barely stand to watch this episode with the way Asha and Mondo treated Natalia. I was so hoping that Asha would be sent home. Her design was awful last week and her designs were awful this week. Yeah, the construction on Natalia's bodice was bad, but at least the design was there.

Natalia probably wouldn't have made it to the final three anyway, so she's probably relieved to be out of there. What a classy young woman.

It was touching how Oscar said the win should go to Shan because he had 3 kids. It reminded me of a competition in the boxing reality show "The Contender" where the prize in a race was a new car. The guy who was in first place stopped a foot short of the finish line and let the next person come in first. When asked why he did that, he said because the guy had kids and had never had a new car before.

I can't tell you how much I despise Asha. She is just plain nasty. Ugh!
    I think what this episode showed us loud and clear is the different mentoring styles and how negatively Mondo and Anya have impacted their designers. Nick is class all the way, and it shows in his designers Oscar and Natalia. Natalia didn't deserve the condescending comments from Mondo, who poisoned Asha against Natalia. What goes around comes around, and both Mondo and Asha have definitely "dug their graves" in the world of public opinion. Why Asha was kept in place of Natalia is a mystery, and I am hoping she is gone next week. Even thought Natalia was eliminated, she came out a big winner by her behavior. BOTH Mondo and Asha are nasty!
    Kip, GabbyG, tinderbox and 2 others like this.

You have to wonder....if Mondo was saying all those remarks to the cameras that he knows will air on TV, what was he saying behind closed doors to his designers about Natalya in private? {{Shudder}}
    NCLurker, Kip, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread