+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Sour grapes from Mondo & Anya about Natalia. I really like her & hope she or Oscar make it to the end. I think Mondo is highly overrated (and I was his biggest fan on his first season) & Anya is just uninspiring as a mentor. I hope Nick takes it to the end
    ladygreco and lilymax like this.

Ugh - IMO Asha's look was dreadful and she should have been the one going home tonight not Michelle.......
    GabbyG and lilymax like this.

Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

The other female contestants say Natalia doesn't take risks after the knitting dried grass dress!? And then Lifetime polls about whether she is fake crying?? It never occurred to me that she might be until they put up the question!?

Was Mondo channeling Run DMC in the interviews?

Does Macklemore have a high fashion background?

Shan - I loved the thought and ideas behind this one. My only issue was the when the skirt unzipped the zipper seams looked a bit wavy.

Blake (I think) - I really disliked the pants he loved so much. Way too much flare and the day look was boring.

Natalia - dramatic transition!

Oscar - Very nice, but I don't quite buy into a day look with spaghetti straps.

Asha - Gross. I hated both of her looks. It's so unflattering and no professional woman wants to show ANY midriff!! For some reason I keep thinking her clothes make her model look thick through the waist. I have a hard time believing it's just the model...

Michelle - No. I just don't like it. When I hear day to night I think the day look should be work appropriate and I have a thing about no sleeves at work. The transition was interesting I guess, but the evening look was a little too warrior princess and seemed disproportionate. Mondo doesn't get why the judges don't respond to Michelle? I'm surprised Mondo responds to her design when it's boring like this. And did Michelle take credit for Mondo's suggestion about the shoulder pads immediately after he said it?

Sam - I liked his looks and transitions. My only complaint is that the asymmetry in the night look seems a bit sloppy to me.

I thought Sam and Oscar should be on top. I'm surprised Natalie was on top, but I'm glad she got credit for her creativity. Mondo and Anya should stop hatin. She made all the decisions herself in this challenge and they still don't give her credit.

ETA - I was really surprised at Mondo cutting off the judges when they were explaining why they didn't eliminate Natalia. I thought the reasons were quite obvious!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-13-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    GabbyG, jucamer and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

If Natalya's outfit was the only one not perfectly finished, then maybe they'd have a point, but at least hers appeared to be more carefully tailored. Asha's was a mess too, and some of the other designers came up with shapes that made their stick thin models look bulky, of all things.

I also don't understand why everyone's treating Natalya like a bunch of mean girls. It's not her that makes the decision about who goes and stays--it's the judges. If they want to get mad at somebody, it should be them. What do they expect Natalya to do? Announce that she's unworthy and volunteer to go home?

And now Anya and Mondo are just being even more petty than they were with Nick by going after the judges, which is just plain stupid and certainly isn't going to help the members of their team in the future.

Next week they're splitting people up into teams of people from different mentors? How in the world does that make sense when the whole thing is about their mentors workings with them?

Oh, yeah, and when Nick said he wouldn't say anything about the members of Mondo and Anya's teams because that's not the way he was raised, and Mondo got his back all up about how he guessed his mother didn't do a good job of raising him then, I wish Nick would have said, "Darling, I didn't say your mother didn't try. I merely implied that perhaps you didn't listen."

I actually did like Mondo and Anya in their respective seasons....now, not so much.
    NCLurker, Kip, GabbyG and 7 others like this.

Wow...bitter much? Yikes...the claws came out with Mondo and Anya and I think it was extremely unprofessional.

Asha's dress somehow made the model look pregnant and I don't know in what 'workplace' you wear a plunging neckline like the one in her day look. This was a mess from start to finish. It was also designed for someone with boobs and her model was flatter than a board, which made the thickness throughout the middle of the look even more pronounced.

I liked Blakes look. I thought it was cute, but it needed about 3 or 4 more inches on the skirt.

I didn't love Natalia's look, but I didn't hate it either. I thought her night look would've looked better if her model had been wearing a bra. I don't think she deserved top 2, but she didn't deserve bottom 2 either.

Loved Oscar's loook and I thought Shan's was nice too.

Michelle's was fugly.

Sam's decent- nothing to write home about, but ok.
    ladygreco likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm in it as much for the mentors as I am the contestants. In fact, I think that most the designers are pretty lackluster - including Natalia (yawn). Shan, Sam, and Oscar are the only ones whose designs I look forward to.

I think Mondo's and Anya's frustrations stem from Nick's mentoring style and just erupted when Natalia did well tonight. Seems as if they are pretty angry about Nick's hands-on approach. It's funny though because early on, they complained that Nick's designers would suffer from too much Nick and now they are saying the designers would benefit from too much Nick. In the end, they just want Nick to back off and let the designers design so the entire playing field is even.

I get that, and I give them a pass. And, I'm ok with them critiquing Natalia. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. They didn't say it in the best possible way, but it's within their right to do so.

I'm a fan of all 3 of the mentors, but I have a soft spot for Nick. Such a great temperament and attitude. He makes me feel good when he's on tv.

I had to make a special trip in here to my little office to post this, I got so angry watching the show tonight.

Shame on Mondo and Anya! I no longer have any respect for either. It's clear to me they were hired to do a job they haven't got the skills for. Tim Gunn would never behave in such a horrible way towards a designer. You know, Nick has not made the best mentor himself, but I really don't think he would do what these two have done. It's bad enough that we have Asha, week after week, with her nasty comments and her super-fugly countenance, at all. But tonight she just kept it up with the comments about Natalia to the point where I gotta ask myself if she is jealous or something! And I can't understand why the other designers seem to have aligned themselves against Natalia also. I have never seen her be mean to anybody. And truthfully, as far as ugly goes, Asha's design tonight was the ugliest I saw! What the hell is wrong with these people? That poor girl has to go thru the rest of the competition knowing the others don't want her there, including two mentors???

Mondo and Anya have shot their teams in the foot tonight - at least for the next judging - in my honest opinion after their attitudes tonight.

By challenging the decision, they challenged the judges, and being sour grapes about Natalia only further proved it.

I have to admit I agreed with the one judge - Natalia did NOT have an impeccable garment, BUT she was innovative versus Michelle. I would wear Natalia's outfit, but I would not have worn Michelle's because it would've made my chest look bigger, and I'm already large busted. Even the young lady modeling it looked bigger than she is.

Now, does Nick need to balance out his mentoring skills? - yes, but he's improved. I don't think he'd go and trash any of the other designers on other teams in front of the judges, or at the very least be so vocal about their decisions because he would remember and it WILL affect his team in the judging. That I will give him - his being the "Senior Citizen" of the three will help him out there (well that and I think his Bravo appearance, given they were a lot more respectful of judges overall when it was on that channel).

I liked Oscars and Shan's outfits out of the top three honestly, and out of the two they chose for the win, they did make the right call with Oscar. It was well made and had both day and night look, with the flip shawl being disposable (of sorts) and was a lovely dress.

Shan's outfit also was nice with the flirty bits being cleverly hidden by the belt and zippers.

Asha was VERY lucky to be safe. I do have to admit that she should've been in the bottom two with Michelle and let the judges battle it out. The underflaps just looked bad... I can't even really describe it.

All in all, decent looks from the designers (at least the top looks - I can see this being our final and it's Oscar's to lose as far as his final spot), and horrid attitudes by Mondo and Anya, who both need to grow up or they'll hurt their designers more than they think.
    ladygreco and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Next week they're splitting people up into teams of people from different mentors? How in the world does that make sense when the whole thing is about their mentors workings with them?
    I agree, unless one of the mentors still has three designers. I think this is wrong though because I think Mondo had three and now they're down to two as well.

Oh, yeah, and when Nick said he wouldn't say anything about the members of Mondo and Anya's teams because that's not the way he was raised, and Mondo got his back all up about how he guessed his mother didn't do a good job of raising him then, I wish Nick would have said, "Darling, I didn't say your mother didn't try. I merely implied that perhaps you didn't listen."

I actually did like Mondo and Anya in their respective seasons....now, not so much.
    I have to agree with Nick, and I hope they make sure he shows what he speaks to prove a point. Mondo got defensive because he knows that Nick was right... too bad he didn't catch on it completely before saying what he did to the judges. (Not only that, it could affect his business as well - people are that fickle that if they think Mondo was too rude to the judges and Tim they could stop shopping at his store).
    ladygreco likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm really disappointed in Anya and Mondo. Sometimes I don't understand the judges' decisions (though tonight I did). But as PR alums, they have to

I liked Oscar's look the best. But in terms of the challenge, I wouldn't have ranked him first. His design was essentially a dress with a reversible cape.

I thought Shon's dress better met the challenge of a transformation. So did Natalia. And I'm with the judges as far as rewarding the design more than the workmanship -- especially on these one-day challenges.

Sam's look was okay, but that transformation was basically taking the top off.

Asha's look was horrible. The day look made the model look fat. The evening look made the model look pregnant and heavy around the hips.

Michelle's day look was boring and unflattering. The transformation was interesting and I thought it was flattering.

Blake's design was essentially a long shirt tucked into pants (only the shirt wasn't long enough!).

If the decision to send someone home was based solely on this challenge, I would have picked Asha. Taking previous challenges into account, I would have sent Blake home (though I'm glad it was Michelle as I can't stand her and I can't recall liking any of her work).
    GabbyG, ladygreco, jucamer and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread