+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Remember the red plaid oversized waist wrapped "boyfriend" shirt Asha made for Sendaya? I've now seen two different versions of it on TV lately. Of course, I can't remember what shows right now, but I remember noting and saying how Asha started that trend.
    Kip and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah.....that red plaid wrapped shirt outfit was sharp!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just a note: the 5K bonus was awarded by the sponsoring cosmetics company. The judges had nothing to do with it.

Otherwise, I agree with everything here. Oscar wuz robbed. In the beginning, Tim told the designers that the judges loved it if the unconventional dresses transcended their weird materials. Well, Oscar's dress sure did that. Yeah, you could tell it was matting, but it looked incredibly chic and lovely. It was inspired by the beach, but not of the beach, if that makes sense.

Sam's dress was too literal. He took a beach mat and made a beach outfit. How is that creative?

I have to admit, I did kind of like Asha's dress, but not nearly as much as Oscar's.
    Miss_Griss, Kip and ladygreco like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm kind of ready for this show to be over and we get back to the Heidi Klum (minus her stupid voice) Project Runway.
    PA Snow Bunny, lilymax and Babbred like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Despite my reservations about this show at the beginning of the season, I'm liking it as much as the "regular" PR. I like the mentoring aspect of it.

I'm not sure how much good the mentors are actually doing for their team members, but I find it interesting to see how the mentors themselves are learning in the mentoring process. I'd rather watch that than extra minutes of drama, or just extra minutes of the designers working on their dresses.
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just love that we get Tim, but we don't have to put up with Heidi.
    pikachu, Florimel, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm kind of ready for this show to be over and we get back to the Heidi Klum (minus her stupid voice) Project Runway.
    I agree. This show is okay, but for me it feels like there is something lacking. I definitely prefer traditional PR.
    lilymax likes this.

I think it's all the added drama with the mentors. There's just too much going on. If you remember that other fashion show on NBC, they had celebrity mentors. However, those mentors had a minimum of contact with the designers. Basically, they were like Tim Gunn. They would make their critiques in the workroom, but that was it. The drama still remained with the designers.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I agree. Take the mentors out of such an active role and it would have a better feel to it. As it is, it feels second class and, other than interesting designs, I don't know if it will improve. Perhaps it needs a different show runner?

I do miss Fashion Star (with the concept of mentors) and wish they could have continued.
    GabbyG and Photobabe like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This show for some reason is just not clicking with me. I got involved watching The Taste & now Grey's is back so I catch bits & pieces but not watching regularly.
    Now if I could have Project Runway minus Heidi & Nina and just only my Tim Gunn I would be one very happy lady.
    Florimel, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread