+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I thought Natalia's dress should have won over Shan's outfit. I didn't see him putting any moving parts on his little pantsuit! That should have been rewarded, and wasn't. Also, I thought his outfit did not look as steampunk as the others.

I have one thing to say about them not eliminating anybody last time. Are they going to offer the same save to anybody from the other two teams if it's their time to go? No? I rest my case.
    And I thought the winner of the challenge is picked from the winning team. They picked the winner from the losing team! What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    And I thought the winner of the challenge is picked from the winning team. They picked the winner from the losing team! What was that about?
    It depends - if it's a team challenge (i.e. a collection) then the top and bottom teams have a winner and an eliminated contestant.

When it's individual, as this was, it doesn't matter if they have a "bottom" team (and I don't think Shan was on that team) - they pick a winner and a loser out of all three mentors who have players in the final 6 (good and bad).

Then again - if each top/bottom even in the individual challenge has been this way... I stand corrected.

It became mainstream in 2013 but 2014 may be the year of Steampunk. "Mr. Hubolt" Best animated short film that recently won the Oscars is a steampunk film.

Kip likes this.

I thought of this thread when I saw that. "puff, puff, whoooohoooo."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oscar should've won the beach challenge. But I believe that Rachel Ray basically gave some sort of idea who the winner will be. She said she'd like to see a strong female designer.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Am I the only one who can't stand Michelle on Mondo's team? I find her very off-putting with her dour monotone and her constant negative remarks about the other designers.

I thought Sam's was okay, but I didn't think it deserved the win. The waist of the skirt was so high that it made her boobs look too low.

I don't get the love for Asha's design. I thought it was really unflattering to her model.

Really, Oscar had the best design. It felt like they made it between Sam and Asha simply to make Mondo decide between them.

I was glad Natalie got some credit for her attempt to do all that knitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Am I the only one who can't stand Michelle on Mondo's team? I find her very off-putting with her dour monotone and her constant negative remarks about the other designers.

I thought Sam's was okay, but I didn't think it deserved the win. The waist of the skirt was so high that it made her boobs look too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually came on here to say the same thing about Michelle. I love how she said Natalia had done nothing 'inovative' (or some similar word), when just last week Natalia made a dress that rose up and down with cranks! It makes you wonder if the editing is done out of sequence. I mean it's fine if Michelle doesn't like Natalia or her work, but to actually say she's done nothing 'innovative' when she probably did the MOST innovative thing, was just weird. I'm no cheerleader for Natalia, but Michelle is a sourpuss and brings nothing to the table for me.

I 100% agree about Sam's look as well. Too High waist/too low boobs. I also thought it was weird that the judges gave the bonus $5K to him because they liked it the best (or it fit the theme the best or something), but they were torn as to which design they liked best? DIdn't they just say they liked Sam's best with the Bonus $$?? Did I miss something?
    Kip, ladygreco and Photobabe like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I didn't have a problem with the judges asking a mentor to decide who should leave the competition because the mentor can make the decision based on whose ability they trust more and who they best work with. But I really don't like having the mentor pick the winner. That could affect the mentor's relationship with the designer not chosen and mess with the designer's mind.
    tinderbox, Photobabe and Babbred like this.

Since the judges didn't care whether or not it was an outfit that could actually be worn to the beach, Oscar totally should have won this challenge! To create such a beautiful dress from fans was amazing! The materials that the others used weren't any more unconventional than his, and what he did with them was so much more interesting.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I don't like Michelle either.

Both Mondo and Anya have been guest judges on Project Runway (Nick may have also and I just don't recall it). I thought it was interesting that they are often surprised by the judges' takes on the designs. It just goes to show how subjective the judging can be.
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread