+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

FORT Fogey

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

I don't mind that they put the decision in Anya's hands. The mentors are learning how to be mentors and that is part of it, I guess. Although I think it is a huge commentary on the contestants up for consideration. if the judges don't feel strongly enough about a contestant one way or another, neither is in good shape.

I am actually really enjoying the mentors' journey as much as the contestants. What a great experience for the 3 of them. I really adore Nick and I'm curious to see how this plays out for the mentors long-term. Nick took his knocks early on which might bode well for him.

I had never heard of steam punk either. I get it, but it's definitely not my thing.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.

I do know about steampunk although I'm not fond of it in fashion. It's been a popular genre in the gaming world for quite a while now as well as in the world of film. Such movies as Hugo, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Lemony Snicket, The Prestige, and The Golden Compass are examples of steampunk in film.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well....there you go......I have zero interest in gaming.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do know about steampunk although I'm not fond of it in fashion. It's been a popular genre in the gaming world for quite a while now as well as in the world of film. Such movies as Hugo, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Lemony Snicket, The Prestige, and The Golden Compass are examples of steampunk in film.

Thank you. As I said last week, I'm a geek , so I've been aware of this genre for a while. It's not my favorite--I lean more towards medieval/fantasy costumes myself. However, I like Steampunk a lot better than some of the other avante guarde crud the the fashion world produces.

As for the show, yeah it sucks that they the judges did that to Anya again. However, as Prhoshay pointed out, it wasn't much of a decision. Anya was probably praying that the judges would send him home. I wonder what Mondo and Nick think about this? Are they secretly dreading it, or would they be happy to send somebody on their team home?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had grown so accustomed to Nick hovering over his designers and holding their hands that - by comparison - it seemed as if Anya was hoping for a duel between Gladiator Nicholas and several hungry lions. Thumbs down Nicholas. Thumbs down! She gave him all of her available knowledge in previous episodes and had nothing else left to offer. Guess that's what happens when you yourself can't sew sleeves!

My daughter and I were both rooting for Natalia. Sure her design was "gimmicky" but it was kick-butt gimmicky.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I love Steampunk and it's awesome that they had the theme in Face Off and now in Under the Gun. I wish they do this again in Project Runway. They used to have a contestant who is a fan of this genre of fashion but she didnt last very long.

Fashion's Biggest Trend in 2013-2015 (as Predicted by IBM)? Steampunk - Forbes

Other movies with Steampunk theme include:

Wild Wild West
    Hellboy
    Steamboy
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
    The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen
    Van Helsing
    The Time Machine
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-01-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-01-2014 at 02:25 AM.

I thought Natalia's dress should have won over Shan's outfit. I didn't see him putting any moving parts on his little pantsuit! That should have been rewarded, and wasn't. Also, I thought his outfit did not look as steampunk as the others.

I have one thing to say about them not eliminating anybody last time. Are they going to offer the same save to anybody from the other two teams if it's their time to go? No? I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    ...I have one thing to say about them not eliminating anybody last time. Are they going to offer the same save to anybody from the other two teams if it's their time to go? No? I rest my case.
    I hear you. It didn't make any sense when it happened and I'm still wondering why it happened at all.
    Allie and Little Sew&Sew like this.

+ Reply to Thread