+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Christmas Light Fight

Re: Christmas Light Fight

I really enjoy the show and am looking forward to seeing the new episode tonight. I live not too far from Baltimore where there is the locally famous 34th St. It is an older row house neighborhood where every house is totally decked out. There are even lights strung overhead across the street. From Thanksgiving to New Years there is a constant stream of traffic every evening. That street has been famous in this area for as long as I can remember.

I love to see the lights but have always kept my own outside decorations pretty minimal.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'm kind of laughing at myself for how excited I am about tonights line up. A whole hour of Prep and Landing and then two hours of Light Fight. I'm so excited!! Might have to get a head start on my cookie baking today so I can have cookies and cocoa while watching.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I love all the lights. I would totally be one of these houses if I could afford it. LOL!
    Punkin likes this.

I think I would like to do something like this, then I see them hauling all of those boxes and boxes of stuff out and I think, "Nah." That is a lot more work then I'm willing to put into it. But I sure do enjoy seeing the effort others are willing to put into it.

Last night I agreed with who the woman picked as the winners. I wasn't so on board with the winners of the second episode. I am such a traditionalist that I just don't like where they hang the lights then program the computer. I can admit that they have to put a lot of thought and effort into their displays but I just don't like when all they have are lights. I like the displays. The "blow molds" (never new that was the name for those) and the blow up figurines. I want something to look at besides just a "light" display.
    So they're being judged on:
    1. Lights
    2. Christmas Spirit
    3. All around

So I'm not sure what the tv show thinks of as "Christmas Spirit" but I think of it as the spirit of Jesus Christ. I just wonder how you can win a Christmas light display without a Nativity Scene. And I voice this complaint as an agnostic. I just feel if your going to celebrate what is a religious holiday then you should at least acknowledge the reason for the celebration.
    Punkin and Photobabe like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I enjoyed last nights show, and I agreed with the winner they picked again. Spectacular! Personally I don't think I'd be willing to put in the work, but I sure enjoy it when other people do.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

"Blow molds". Who knew? Well, now we do!

I agreed with the 1st winner, but the second, not so much. I like to see the light display choreographed with the music but I would much appreciate a slower pace. That constant flashing with the lights changing several time a second is just too much for me. It's too intense. I hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. And, I agree with CantGetNuf Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. He needs to be a part of the display.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    "Blow molds". Who knew? Well, now we do!
    I know ... LOL

I thought why have I never heard that term ... LOL

Everyone on this show uses the term and it's the first I heard it ... LOL

And yes, now we do!!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12