+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Styled to Rock, Bravo, 10 p Fridays

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Styled to Rock, Bravo, 10 p Fridays

Premiers October 25 - I'm looking forward to this.

Rihanna goes on the search for America's next hottest designer.

Bravo is thrilled to announce Styled to Rock, the hottest new fashion competition show, will premiere October 25 at 8p ET/PT. And it's helmed by none other than Grammy-winning superstar Robyn "Rihanna" Fenty. Watch as she oversees 12 up-and-coming designers who are battling it out to become the next big thing in fashion.

...the singer will be joined by producer Pharrell Williams, international model Erin Wasson, Rihanna's stylist Mel Ottenberg as they mentor the contestants.

...The designers will aim to create a new look to define the celebrity guest's image...

...only half of the contestants selected by the mentors will get to showcase their new design for the client and have a shot at winning. The other half will be placed up for elimination. But they have a big incentive to take it to the limits: one winner will score a grand prize of $100,000, a fashion feature in Glamour magazine, and the chance to become the next member of Rihanna's design team.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Styled to Rock, Bravo, 10 p Fridays

I just watched the first episode and liked it --- more or less. It's better than Project Runway to me cause so far, there's no negativity/dissing/bad mouthing from the contestants. And the clothes were interesting and inventive, in fact the winner's outfit was pretty amazing! But, my all time favorite fashion/design show was Fashion Star, which NBC in its great wisdom () cancelled.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    But, my all time favorite fashion/design show was Fashion Star, which NBC in its great wisdom cancelled.
    Fashion Star was my favorite as well. I'm hoping someone else will pick it up like WDYTYA!
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm liking this show okay so far - okay enough to keep watching - but not really loving it. It seems like a lot of the bottom designs are really bad.

In the last episode, I couldn't believe the guy from Arkansas thought his shapeless toga was good. And what an insolent, combative attitude. I was glad to see him go and glad they didn't keep him around for the drama.

Looking forward to seeing what the designers make for Kelly Osborne next week.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree, Kip. I have only seen two episodes, Kylie and Kelly O. It was clear that the show knew that there was nothing there for Kylie, even on the second attempt.

Any statement about the future, be it movies or fashion always go the Jetson or apocolyptic route. What if in the year 3000 things were good and clothes more casual and comfortable, even more simple? If technology is advanced to the point that travel is a high speed rail system, for instance, doesn't it make sense that you would want to travel in comfort? Why would you want to wear dresses with wings on your shoulders? And there is just so much you can do to house the human body. In 3000 could see a 1980's flash back!

And the punk clothes for Kelly, oh my. No one but the guy whose outfit she chose took her body into consideration and even then she requested the middrift to be covered. Kelly is not a big girl by any means but she is not going to wear spaghetti straps; she never does. They were not familiar enough with her style or body.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Any statement about the future, be it movies or fashion always go the Jetson or apocolyptic route. What if in the year 3000 things were good and clothes more casual and comfortable, even more simple? If technology is advanced to the point that travel is a high speed rail system, for instance, doesn't it make sense that you would want to travel in comfort? Why would you want to wear dresses with wings on your shoulders? And there is just so much you can do to house the human body. In 3000 could see a 1980's flash back!
    That's a really interesting observation. You're right - the trend for the last century has been towards simpler, more casual & comfortable clothing. It IS odd that winged shoulders have come to represent a futuristic look.

I haven't watched the Kelly Osborne episode yet - hope to do so today while I eat lunch.

FORT Fogey

Loved the episode with Miley Cyrus. I have come to like her and I can not tell you exactly why.

The winner was telegraphed in the edit. I knew XXX (heavy black guy) would win when the leather was gone forcing him to choose patent leather. His name is not on the Bravo site; he was added later he didn't make the cast list.

I loved his skirt and top and knew instantly she would choose it. Cute and sexy at the same time.

I have only seen 3 episodes and this was the best.

These designers don't know these clients at all. Miley never wears what some of them made and I only know from pictures and entertainment shows. You would think they would pay attention to current trends with all types of celebs.

I hope this sees another season and attracts better designers. I like it.
    PA Snow Bunny and jucamer like this.

Shoepie I knew you would like that. I have been watching this here & there and have come to realize I am just too dang old to understand this type of design. It is a good show to help me fall asleep to. It may take me a few days but I have seen every episode. That one designer who thought that seafoam dress was fantastic. That would have swallowed Kylie entirely but I am guilty to admit I did like the color.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Shoepie I knew you would like that. I have been watching this here & there and have come to realize I am just too dang old to understand this type of design. It is a good show to help me fall asleep to. It may take me a few days but I have seen every episode. That one designer who thought that seafoam dress was fantastic. That would have swallowed Kylie entirely but I am guilty to admit I did like the color.
    Nah, age has nothing to do with it, I am 67! Come, let me coax you out from under that rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Nah, age has nothing to do with it, I am 67! Come, let me coax you out from under that rock.
    You're 67!!!! Now you are making me feel young again! I am however well past the age where wearing mini skirts & shear bra tops are not age appropriate. I still have to fight the urge to shop at H&M. Okay just realized I AM wearing all H&M right now.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast