+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Styled to Rock, Bravo, 10 p Fridays

FORT Fogey

Re: Styled to Rock, Bravo, 10 p Fridays

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You're 67!!!! Now you are making me feel young again! I am however well past the age where wearing mini skirts & shear bra tops are not age appropriate. I still have to fight the urge to shop at H&M. Okay just realized I AM wearing all H&M right now.
    I don't wear the clothes that younger women wear but I am aware of the trends. My DIL loves that about me because she benefits tremendously! I had 2 sons so now I have a girl to spoil. I buy my other DIL cool boots; she is more rocker and the other is a mix of punk and fabulous. So that makes 2 to spoil and I have a grandaughter too. She is only 8 but that child is well dressed, let me tell you. Luckily the other 3 grandchildren are boys and don't care about clothes. I could find myself in serious financial trouble if I had more than 3 girls to indulge.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't wear the clothes that younger women wear but I am aware of the trends. My DIL loves that about me because she benefits tremendously! I had 2 sons so now I have a girl to spoil. I buy my other DIL cool boots; she is more rocker and the other is a mix of punk and fabulous. So that makes 2 to spoil and I have a grandaughter too. She is only 8 but that child is well dressed, let me tell you. Luckily the other 3 grandchildren are boys and don't care about clothes. I could find myself in serious financial trouble if I had more than 3 girls to indulge.
    No grandbabies yet, in fact on inlaws at all. Now that I have given up on shopping "young-ish" I have developed a serious Macy's habit. My son is getting my Macy's card to hide after the holidays. I can't miss their friends & family.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

No grandbabies yet, in fact on inlaws at all. Now that I have given up on shopping "young-ish" I have developed a serious Macy's habit. My son is getting my Macy's card to hide after the holidays. I can't miss their friends & family.
    It could probably be said that I dress young but not over the top. I live in jeans, t-shirts, ankle motorcycle boots or sandals. Some button shirts too. All my clothes are black, white and gray. I do have some dynamite colorful shoes though. Fly London is my current favorite brand and they sell them on amazon. THAT is a problem for me. Easy access to shoes is tricky.

Shoes are my weakness! I checked out Fly London. Cute clothes but too young for me, I suppose but if I saw anything at the retail level well if it's cute & fits it goes home with me. I do like so,me of their boots. I had to put my flip flops away for the season
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

OMG Fly London , they are lovely! . Now I am going to have to see this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Shoes are my weakness! I checked out Fly London. Cute clothes but too young for me, I suppose but if I saw anything at the retail level well if it's cute & fits it goes home with me. I do like so,me of their boots. I had to put my flip flops away for the season
    I am talking about their shoes. I didn't know they had clothes, too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    OMG Fly London , they are lovely! . Now I am going to have to see this show
    This show has nothing to do with Fly London shoes. We got side tracked on style.

Loved the episode with Miley Cyrus. I have come to like her and I can not tell you exactly why.

The winner was telegraphed in the edit. I knew XXX (heavy black guy) would win when the leather was gone forcing him to choose patent leather. His name is not on the Bravo site; he was added later he didn't make the cast list.

I loved his skirt and top and knew instantly she would choose it. Cute and sexy at the same time.

I have only seen 3 episodes and this was the best.

These designers don't know these clients at all. Miley never wears what some of them made and I only know from pictures and entertainment shows. You would think they would pay attention to current trends with all types of celebs.

I hope this sees another season and attracts better designers. I like it.
    I thought if Miley had any taste she would pick his skirt and top. It seemed her style but more, well, refined. You could tell she loved it when she first saw that skirt. Some of them seemed to think they were designing for a show and not clubbing.

This show has nothing to do with Fly London shoes. We got side tracked on style.
    Hi Shoepie. I had already read about the show. I just said I like Fly London shoes
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I never heard of Nevo, twin disc jockeys. This challenge was not that interesting and I was not impressed with any of the designs. The right people went home though! Oy.
    justCoz, Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast