+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

Re: MasterChef Junior

Quote Originally Posted by crusin View Post
    What I like about this show is that the kids show more sportsmenship than any of the adults ever have shown.
    Ah, that's not fair, let them get through high school and college or culinary school that extra 10 years will sour them enough so they will be just like the adults.
    prhoshay, just1paul and spockwhat like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Ah, that's not fair, let them get through high school and college or culinary school that extra 10 years will sour them enough so they will be just like the adults.
    But they wont be like Krissy! ( shudder)
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why people think these children are innocence frozen in time, I will never know. And if your 8-9 year old is crying all of the time, I vote somebody call the psychiatrist....something is very wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The kiddie version of this show doesn't spark my interest in the least.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why people think these children are innocence frozen in time, I will never know. And if your 8-9 year old is crying all of the time, I vote somebody call the psychiatrist....something is very wrong.
    I don't think they are. I do think they have a passion, and that's what I am enjoying .The adults on MC some have had a troubling pasts and that's why they are bully or some such thing.

I hope these half pints all carry on cooking, some will and some wont. They wont forget this show in a hurry , that's for sure
    Photobabe likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These kids are just amazing in the kitchen. Soooo sophisticated, at least, to me.

I prefer the more subdued Sarah.
    She's pretty cool when she's settled.

2 more girls eliminated! Rats! Cutie Kaylen and the girl with the long hair and the glasses. The girl with the long hair and the glasses fell completely apart when she messed up making a layer cake; Gordon, soothingly, helped her get back on track. Alexander was his usual superstar self, but did have some problems tonight with his layer cake. He KNOWS his weaknesses. He's a sharp kid.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I enjoy this show.

They're all great and it's a very different tone from the normal MasterChef.

Gordon trying to calm down Sofia as she started crying <33

Alexander is still my winner pick.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

The judges are very tender and sweet with the kids; I love that.

Though Alexander and the other boy (name escapse me) did as poorly as the girls who left I approve the choice in keeping the better all around cooks.

Sarah showed an incredible amount of maturity. "Keep your friends close......" was hysterical. Cute of Gordon to go up and eat a gummy bear with her. I also love how she skips everywhere.

They give them help we don't see. An 8 year old chosing to fry sardines with heads on could not have come from her brain. I think they went around and gave them pointers and options on how each protein could be prepared. And I believe they taught Sarah how to be safe with the deep fat fryer. I would have to look up how to prepare kidneys, most cooks would. And just for the record, I would not cook them. I have eaten steak and kidney pie and it was good but I have no desire to make it.

Even with all the help these kids are good.
    wannasee likes this.

Really thought that Sophia and Alexander should have gone home. Yes, I believe this is a case where the producers stepped in and saved Alexander. The entire point of a competition show like this is it supposed to be based on that day's challenge not what you have done and your possible future potential.

Luv'ed that Gordon stepped in and helped Sophia redo her batter.

Sarah - these kids are scary how they strategize still baking is a chief's Achilles heel and it was nicely used in this episode. So what does this teach cooks/chiefs? Have a least one go to dessert recipe that is not panna cotta.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Alexander was so distraught thinking he would go home. He is so good, but I think Dara is our winner, or at the very least these could be the F2..but then there's Hawaiian Jack and Troy. I love them all

The rights ones went home. I loved the judges skipping behind Sarah she brings out the kid in them, well I guess all the mini chefs do.
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread