+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1
  • 1 Post By candor

Thread: Eat Drink Love - on Bravo

Eat Drink Love - on Bravo

Has anyone else watched this show?
    I'm still not sure what I think, as Bravo seems to have assembled some really annoying personalities for this one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Eat Drink Love - on Bravo

LOL! I have to agree. I've been watching Eat, Drink, Love, and as much as I usually love these types of mini-reality series that Bravo puts on, the cast of this one isn't drawing me in as much as some of the others. I really like Bravo's "Below Deck' even though I didn't expect to, and there's another new one on the Style Network that I like a lot, which is the City Girls Diary --- but Eat, Drink, Love hasn't grown on me yet. But I think it will, when the episodes start focusing a little bit more on the gals' home lives as well as their businesses. That's usually when my interrest level kicks up a notch.
    norealityhere likes this.

Meh, typical Bravo casting. Darn you, Andy Cohen, why do you have to be so shallow? I do like the Fo-Nuts owner and the artsy chef whose godmother is Lauren Hutton. Otherwise, "vapid teenagers" comes to mind.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I think the Show & Tell for adults jut really seemed staged and totally over the top.
    Who does Show & Tell after elem. school??!!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Waylynn seems so phony to me. She makes a big deal about things that seem to be nonsense, like her so-called "no chef" policy-- which she reiterates constantly that she's breaking-- but she's broken it with every chef who's shown up in her store and flirted with her. And her definition of flirting is awfully out-there to me.

Then the sudden idea to sell the wedding dress-- was that a ploy for camera time-- or what? The teary-eyed break=down in which she said, as if being the "brave little trouper," "this dress doesn't mean anything.... sob sob.." clutching her friend while trying to hide that fact that she couldn't even begin to shed a tear-- was kind of cringe-worthy. Rarely do you see someone who exaggerates as much, and builds things up so far beyond what they are--

The others don't bother me so far-- although it's so obvious that they got onto the show because of connections-- which is somewhat annoying. I wish they would get some genuinely talented and interesting people who are making it in the food business in California, rather than people who may be photogenic and connected, but who don't stand out on their own terms.

+ Reply to Thread