+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cutthroat Kitchen (Food Network) Sundays 10 PM

FORT Newbie

Cutthroat Kitchen (Food Network) Sundays 10 PM

I see that the Food Network Channel is Premiering a New show on the August 11th called 'Cutthroat Kitchen'.
    The tagline for this show is:
    [QUOTE]Just how far is a chef willing to go to win a cooking competition?[/QUOTE]

with the following explanation:

Cutthroat Kitchen hands four chefs each $25,000 and the opportunity to spend that money on helping themselves or sabotaging their competitors. Ingredients will be thieved, utensils destroyed and valuable time on the clock lost when the chefs compete to cook delicious dishes while also having to outplot the competition

I might watch this show.. if only to see what probably goes on on OTHER reality shows that is almost never seen on TV-i.e. -edited out.

I have always thought something is going on on Hell's Kitchen. Too Many TIMES simple dishes are burned, over cooked, and I have always wondered if the Production Team or one of the other Cooks/Contestants goes around switching the temperature of the stoves/ovens. Even pulling off the knobs and putting them back on so it might look like it is on Medium, med/low and the heat is actually HIGH. (I have no idea if the production team can play with the gas going into the stoves-because THAT is really dangerous.).

I was so angry when On the 'Next Great Baker', the last one, you had that SNEAK, STAB IN THE BACK, contestant, GRETTLE ANN (sp?) who was sweet, and nice to most contestants, but subatoged the others by hiding pans, turning oven temps up and down, and when she had immunity, did crap work to try to make her team's cake lose. Then, she was pissed off beyond belief when she did not win! 'I was doing this not only for me, but for my 9 employees!' These 'baking' reality shows are supposed to be about the best, so when I see this, and suspect garbage on HK, I do not watch the next season. (Cake Boss's Buddy was laughing about GA-and the winner of the show got to work in his bakery! Lost the little respect I had for him.)

Anyhoo...If this is the premise of the show, then GREAT! As long as it is out in the open. Hope the contestants realize that everything one does, especially on TV, is part of their resume, whether they include it or not.

Re: Cutthroat Kitchen-new-or are they finally showing what really happens?

Not at all interested in seeing more people rewarded for the worst type of human behavior. I'll skip this one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

If I want to see people act stupid, crappy and back stab each other I can go to work, that or visit some of my in-laws.
    Kip, Florimel, ness and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I saw the commercial for this when I watched the last episode of Next Food Network Star and Penny, who competed on what I believe was last season's Next Food Network Star, is a contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Not at all interested in seeing more people rewarded for the worst type of human behavior. I'll skip this one.
    I'm skipping it too. I like Chopped and awful lot, not because of the "backstabbing" but more for the hilarious items the people must cook with (gummy bears and pork anyone?). There are enough "cutthroat" competition shows out there, I don't want to see another one. I like to watch cooking more then competing.
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched part of it last night, it didn't hold my attention.

I did notice a commercial for Food Truck Race though! That show starts up Sunday night .

Re: Cutthroat Kitchen (Food Network) Sundays 10 PM

I also caught it last night. Some aspects of it are interesting, examples include forcing someone to use burnt toast for french toast, showing how to take pre-processed turkey and making it taste like fresh turkey and things like that. That is interesting because they are real world scenarios. Other things are just mean a just for the show, like forcing a person already cooking to switch to a single pot on a butane burner. I fell asleep during the second task. Not sure how much of an indication it is on whether I will watch it again.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I loved this show! Can't wait for more episodes.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

Though I can't stand smug Alton, I liked this show, and will watch it again. Though I don't like a lot of the useless drama on reality shows that's caused by people clearly just looking for their 15 minutes, the cooking on this show is still fun to watch, and the "bad guys" aren't given that big a platform to show off on.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am not a fan of Alton either Shelleyrob, but my daughter is (which is weird cuz otherwise, we are very much alike).

I'm watching CK, but if this is the one and only season, I won't be all that surprised. It has potential, but the less accomplished "chefs" seem to gang up on the best & brightest contest and pile things on that one person. It wouldn't seem to matter if your only job was working at Burger King when you penalize the guy who's classically trained by taking away his whisk & any form of salt & then add in the task of making a tall glass of fresh squeezed orange juice (with no juicer).

I'm waiting for the episode when someone gets locked in the pantry!
    Shelleyrob likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast