+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Cutthroat Kitchen (Food Network) Sundays 10 PM

Re: Cutthroat Kitchen (Food Network) Sundays 10 PM

I would just like to see the smug look on Alton's face wiped off.
    There's no place like home!

Tried this show twice, but found it amazingly boring. It has little to do with cooking and everything to do with mass manipulation by the show and by the contestants. I think the judge may be legitimate in not knowing what their issues were, but I wouldn't swear to that either. I've no interest at all in this show,
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Tried this show twice, but found it amazingly boring. It has little to do with cooking and everything to do with mass manipulation by the show and by the contestants. I think the judge may be legitimate in not knowing what their issues were, but I wouldn't swear to that either. I've no interest at all in this show,
    I enjoyed the first 3 episodes and then that was it for me. I didn't watch any more. It isn't about cooking but it isn't supposed to be. I watch the cooking competitions for the good food. This was worse than watching Giada, Bobby or the host of others cook.
    Florimel likes this.

I like Guy's new show (uh...Grocery something), which is like Cutthroat Kitchen without the auctions. I end up watching CK just because my husband likes it.

FORT Fogey

I kind of like Guy's new show, too. I don't like him and his kid cooking show with Rachael was a major fail but I will watch this. It is handy to have on my DVR for those times when I have watched all the good ones.

Cutthroat kitchen is not great but I liked seeing Tiffany and glad she won. It is missing something and I am not sure what. It is too predictable. The person who makes the dish that is closest to the assignment wins. Okay. How about giving creativity a nod. You know immediately who will be eliminated and it is always the one who spent the most money to save themselves. It needs another dimention. I don't think it will see a second season.

the show does have a rather limited appeal timewise. I did like it at first, thought what a cute, crazy kind of concept; i was later disappointed. I just was not able to maintain any interest, I would begin to watch and end up falling asleep or walking away to do something else. something is definitely missing from the stew and I don't know what it is.
    marauder likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I used to like Cutthroat Kitchen but the sabotages have gotten too extreme and there are way too many of them. It's bad enough to get one sabotage but when a cook gets more than one, it's almost impossible to produce anything. I'm just disgusted with the whole show now and only watch if I'm watching Food Network while crocheting and just need to have something on to keep me occupied while I work.

I think the severity of the sabotages should be toned down and each contestant should only get one sabotage per round. Or perhaps still have the impossible sabotages but have them at a very steep cost. For instance, start the bidding at $10,000 so a contestant has to seriously consider whether it's worth buying. And they should only allow one of those per episode.

I loved Simon's sweater! lol!
    captain and MFWalkoff like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't watch too many cooking shows, because frankly, I can't cook. But besides Top Chef, the only other cooking competition I'm currently watching is Cutthroat, because it's fun and fast-moving, and Alton Brown is a god. (I've been over Guy for a while now, he just seems like a basic slob)

I don't mind the sabotages being difficult. I think the thing that can bug me is when they cast chefs who are obviously too dumb to play the game strategically, because they predictably end up being sacrificial lambs. Also, when they cut to commercial right before announcing the first chef to be cut (they do that on Choppped too, it's just dumb). But overall I really enjoy the show.
    tapper01 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I like the show too. I didn't think I would, but I like seeing the sabotages and just what the chefs do to get around them.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast