+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing - NY

FORT Fogey

Re: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Did Andy bring that up, or did Fredrick? I could be wrong, but my recollection is that Fredrick brought it up while trying to insist that he is not mean to anyone - that mean things are just done to him. So that incident was discussed, and then delved back further to remind Fredric that it happened because he had screwed Ryan over. I kind of wished that they'd allowed the three of them to hash things out with less involvement from Andy, because I think Ryan and Luis (especially Luis) did a nice job of calling Fredric on his BS. Fredric seems to live with a belief that if he says something, people will believe it to be true. If he tells someone how to feel, they will oblige. I think some of the times Ryan came across as a jerk it was from needling Fredric's passive aggressive dictate thoughts behavior. Luis was really good about the way he'd stop him and say "We all see what you are doing there, trying to say you're innocent, but insulting us at the same time". Luis was the best addition they ever could have made to that show. He took it from an enjoyable show to one of Bravo's best.
    Punkin, Jexter, Imperfect1 and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Ryan was back to being kinda jerk-ish on the reunion show last night.
    I'm a Ryan fan, but I sort of agree. He and Fredrick are two peas on a pod to a large degree. Both are a-holes without knowing they are a-holes. I give credit to Ryan, however, for at least trying not to be an a-hole. He's got a way to go, though.

FORT Fogey

I'd agree that they are both a-holes, but I disagree that neither knows he's an a-hole. I think that Ryan knows it, and uses it as a tool. He behaves like an a-hole to put people on edge and make it easier to get what he wants. But I think we saw this season he can turn it off. When Amelia walked out on him, he realized that it didn't work on him. When he was negotiating with the older woman who hired then fired Luis, she called him out on his flirting and he turned it off. With him, I think it's intentional. Fredric on the other hand -- I don't think he has the first bit of self-awareness to realize how he comes across. He is the center of his world and figures he's the center of everyone else's too. Because of that, he thinks that if he tells people "I'm wonderful, adore me" they do. He has never paid enough attention to anyone else to realize how they react to him. He has no clue what an a-hole he is.
    candor and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey

Ryan reminds me of Cliff on an old episode of Cheers. Cliff paid someone to send him an electrical jolt every time he said something inappropriate.

That is the lack of self-awareness I think Ryan has. He just doesn't get it sometimes and he needs someone to explain it to him (Louis is a good man for the job!). This is Ryan's single biggest weakness, I think.

As to Fredrik, Louis was spot on when he said Fredrik lives in a world based on numbers. That, IMO, is Fredrik's weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Luis was really good about the way he'd stop him and say "We all see what you are doing there, trying to say you're innocent, but insulting us at the same time". Luis was the best addition they ever could have made to that show. He took it from an enjoyable show to one of Bravo's best.
    I'm with Andy who said these 3 are the best characters on reality TV, and I agree with you about Louis. I really liked Michael Lorber and wish they'd bring him back as a 4th realtor, but Louis was a super addition.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

According the CNBS website Ryan ( in real life) has the listing for the most expensive property listed now in NYC-- $118 mil.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    According the CNBS website Ryan ( in real life) has the listing for the most expensive property listed now in NYC-- $118 mil.
    awesome. I hope he sells it (and the car penthouse) and say "in your face" to Fredrik (although I do like Fredrik).

$118 million penthouse listing now biggest in downtown NY
    beerbelly likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I really liked the 'Part 2' reunion show. I hope these three learn to work together next season. I don't need the drama. I would love a show that highlights amazing NYC properties sold in three different styles.
    candor, Jexter, beerbelly and 1 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

What time did they air part 2 of the Reunion show?
    I turned on at 9:00 PM and it was a new Listing show about Miami. The charcaters were way too annoying.
    I love the NY version.
    Am on the West Coast if anyone knows what time it aired / airs? TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It aired at 8pm here in Vegas, and re-airs at 11:31pm and 2:02am. That's on Cox.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I was so laughing at the panel asking Andy to use the bathroom! As someone who pee's a lot it totally hit home and was great to see these three also have to run to pee!
    AcookerTV likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread