+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing - NY

KK4
    FORT Fan

Re: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I like parts of each realtor. What seems to tick me off are the parts that are obviously scripted. If they would just leave most of that out, it would be better. I think the guys are charming enough with their own devices.
    I couldn't agree more!

LOVED last night's episode!

Happy to see Ryan is trying to become a nicer guy while still maintaining his edge. I credit his girlfriend for this and I hope it lasts. These successful NY real estate agents can easily become ruthless and I can see how this type of career can altar personalities.

I do feel sad for Fredrik and the baby situation. However, I totally understand his husband's point but I don't think bringing home a puppy was the answer.
    beerbelly and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure how much I sympathize with Fredrik on the baby thing. It seems like his saying "we agreed" can translate to "I decided". It seems like they want to have children someday, but only Fredrik has decided that time is now. I don't like the way he comes across like if he lets his husband have his way once a quarter it's a gift.
    Florimel likes this.

I also think it's pretty clear that if Frederick and his husband had "Mila," (does Frederick get to dictate the name? And what if "Mila" doesn't fit his image of his ideal daughter? does he get to "return" her?) Frederick would totally run off and leave his husband at home with her. Let's face it, it doesn't seem so totally irrelevent that Frederick didn't pick another high-powered business type for a mate, but a guy who (from his point of view) can always be available. Frederick would be all cooing over this poor kid when he was home, but as soon as his cellphone rang, he'd be out the door, with the plea that the husband didn't have anything rldr he HAD to do. The husband's a painter, so he can do it "later" --right?
    Florimel and AcookerTV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I also think it's pretty clear that if Frederick and his husband had "Mila," (does Frederick get to dictate the name? And what if "Mila" doesn't fit his image of his ideal daughter? does he get to "return" her?) Frederick would totally run off and leave his husband at home with her. Let's face it, it doesn't seem so totally irrelevent that Frederick didn't pick another high-powered business type for a mate, but a guy who (from his point of view) can always be available. Frederick would be all cooing over this poor kid when he was home, but as soon as his cellphone rang, he'd be out the door, with the plea that the husband didn't have anything rldr he HAD to do. The husband's a painter, so he can do it "later" --right?
    Absolutely!

It's either Fredrik's way or no way. He's chosen the timing, sex, name, and some clothes without even consulting his husband. However, I felt sad for him, in general, because I know other couples in this type of situation and it's always painful when the decision to have/adopt a child isn't unanimous.

FORT Fogey

It also makes you wonder how, whenever they get to the point of having children, Fredrik will respond to the inevitable moments where the dream child has her own thoughts and desires. As much as he's planned out, I imagine that he's also decided what she will look like, how she will dress, what she'll play with, and what her favorite books and movies will be. Most parents have those hopes for their kids, and then discover the fun of children telling us who they are. I think that Fredrik believes he can manipulate people so well that he'd miss out on the fun of discovering who his kids are, and instead torture them trying to push them into the personality he's chosen for them.
    Florimel and Uncle David like this.

FORT Fogey

I watch this show JUST for the real estate. I don't like any of the brokers---but the apartments are so interesting.

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It also makes you wonder how, whenever they get to the point of having children, Fredrik will respond to the inevitable moments where the dream child has her own thoughts and desires. As much as he's planned out, I imagine that he's also decided what she will look like, how she will dress, what she'll play with, and what her favorite books and movies will be. Most parents have those hopes for their kids, and then discover the fun of children telling us who they are. I think that Fredrik believes he can manipulate people so well that he'd miss out on the fun of discovering who his kids are, and instead torture them trying to push them into the personality he's chosen for them.
    My thoughts exactly...and I believe his husband's as well. Fredrick can't just dictate all of that the way he does with his business dealings. It's quite an unexpected storyline from this series......along with Ryan's awakening. I love this show....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I watch this show JUST for the real estate. I don't like any of the brokers---but the apartments are so interesting.
    I do enjoy looking at the apartments in NYC. They are far more interesting than what is in CA for my tastes, but its not the biggest reason for why I watch.

I watch the show because I like the entrepreneurial aspect of what they have to do. As to the real estate stuff, it seems as if NYC has more layers to it than the LA market and the brokers have to be pretty knowledgeable.

I actually love all 3 of the guys. I think its interesting that each has an acting background. Seems as if there is some synergy between realtor and actor personality types. It's clear that these 3, at least, like to ham things up with their clients...its always a show for them.

I also like that each is extremely dicsiplined and motivated and that they clearly love what they do. Their enthusiasm is infectious. The CA guys...except for the one who just got married...don't seem to be nearly as ambitious. In fact, I can't watch more than a few snippets of the CA show because the guys are just too boring.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-12-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    tinderbox, Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

KK4
    FORT Fan

I'm looking forward to the reunion show.......so much has happened this year with these 3. I truly enjoyed this season.
    Punkin, Jexter and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread