+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Re: Million Dollar Listing - NY

So true. I think I would like them being themselves more than the script. There was a show about real realtors in NY awhile back. I can't recall the name, but I loved it.

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    So true. I think I would like them being themselves more than the script. There was a show about real realtors in NY awhile back. I can't recall the name, but I loved it.
    Was it selling NY on HGTV? I have my DVR set to record. It comes on at like 6Am, so they are probably not new episodes. The Kleir (?sp) family are some of the brokers featured.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4 View Post
    Was it selling NY on HGTV? I have my DVR set to record. It comes on at like 6Am, so they are probably not new episodes. The Kleir (?sp) family are some of the brokers featured.
    Actually I just checked my dvr, Selling New York is airing a new episode on Tuesday at 7:00AM. What a weird time for new episodes. I must remember to set it to my favorites.

Selling LA is also on Thursdays at the same time but I am thinking that has to be a rerun. They never run these 2 shows at the same time.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Selling NY is indeed the one I was referring too! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to record it.

If they are asking $9000.00 per month in dues for the building where Fredrik is trying to sell the apt., then why don't they spell out exactly what you are getting? Maybe it's so little that they are embarrassed. If the building has no pool and no gym, then why are the monthly dues so high? It sounds hinky to me. I bet perspective buyers think it's hinky too and that's why they can't sell it.

Does anyone know what the average range is for buildings of that caliber, but without a pool or gym in NYC?

I felt sorry for Luis at the end of last night's show. That said, he made a promise he couldn't keep. I couldn't blame the woman for telling him to take a hike. Hope he learned a lesson from it all. I like Luis! (Actually, I've come to like all three of these guys. Solid entertainers!!)
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I felt sorry for Luis at the end of last night's show. That said, he made a promise he couldn't keep. I couldn't blame the woman for telling him to take a hike. Hope he learned a lesson from it all. I like Luis! (Actually, I've come to like all three of these guys. Solid entertainers!!)
    I am sorry but I really just don't like Luiz at all. As coniving as Ryan & Fredrick are I adore them for being that way. Luiz should not have made a promise on a price he could never deliver.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I think all three of them make promises they can't deliver on all the time. Fredrick will make promises such as "I can sell out the entire building" knowing it can't be done. Then he scrambles, takes advantage of people, and walks all over others in order to deliver on the impossible - and usually does. Ryan will make a promise such as "I can get you $800 more per square foot than anyone on the planet has ever paid because you insist the sentimental value of your apartmentis worth it". Then, when an offer comes in for fair market value instead of the crazy inflated price he agreed to, he uses his charm to convince the seller it's their idea to go to that price which they wanted all along, and it usually works -- except for last night. Luis listens to whatever the seller wants and promises he can achieve it becasue reality doesn't matter. The problem is, Luis is a little too honest to use charm to the degree that Ryan does to squirm out of promises, and he's not as cutthroat as Fredrick is to make the impossible happen. So he's left looking foolish more often.

The problem Luiz ran into is here was he was trying to become a part of that real estate mogul's(forgot her name) in-house team. To do that he had to pretty much guarantee a higher price per square foot that the rest of the building was selling for. While the in-house agents were selling apartments in the same building Luiz could not sell his 1 apartment because the square footage price was way over priced.
    The same thing pretty much happened to Ryan with that penthouse only it was the owner who wanted way over the asking price in her area. I do remember her from last season. She was emotionally attached to her home and that is why it wouldn't sell. She was given offers but would not drop the asking.

I hear there is going to be a Million Dollar Miami series. I hope this doesn't spell the end of the LA series. I love my Madison!
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Ryan really acted like an ass this last week when he went to Luis' open house. It was bullying, and quite unnecessary!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Ryan really acted like an ass this last week when he went to Luis' open house. It was bullying, and quite unnecessary!
    I agree but truly believe that's where the "entertainment value" of the show comes into play. That nonsense, to the degree we witnessed, was all for the cameras.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread