+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Re: Million Dollar Listing - NY

I find Frederick funny at times, but most of the time I just see him as selfish. Maybe he really is doing what is best for his clients, but he just gives me a bad vibe.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree, but I also think that is what makes him successful. He's willing to give up just about anything to make an extra buck. All three of them kind of show that - you can make a ton of money in New York real estate - but you have to sacrifice everything else in your life to do it. Frederick is only married at this point because he found a husband who was patient and kind enough to put up with a lot of time spent alone or with a distracted spouse!

Being greedy in some ways is fine, but if you are so greedy that you want the sale to go through, even if it's not in your client's best interest, that is not okay. I would think twice before using his services, since he doesn't inspire confidence in me. I would feel he was just there to get his money and to heck with my wishes.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Anybody else think Fredric's tears were sincere? (When he confronted Ryan about what happened last season.)

Yes, he was probably humiliated but I'm not sure I bought the tears.

I thought Ryan showing that space in the dark was hysterical. I can't believe anybody came back to give it a second look. Wouldn't it have been obvious to the potential buyer that something was amiss? ....or was this just a sham for the benefit of the tv viewer? This is a fairly scripted reality show, after all.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I did not think Fredric's tears were sincere. I thought they were a ploy for sympathy from the viewers - and likely didn't work. Those who like him still do, those who don't (like me) were not won over. I was amused that they brought it up again on WWHL, and Fredric was asked why he is still holding a grudge, but Luis is not over the way Fredric humiliated him. He claimed it was because he had apologized and Ryan never did. Ryan said he tought he had,but if not, did again. It was kind of genius on Ryan's part - now Fredric has what he said he wanted and has accepted it ... so I can't use that excuse to try to get sympathy and win over viewers anymore. I thought Ryan's dark party was genius. Yes, probably a bit deceptive for TV. But he did make a valid point in there - if a person is never going to be home except for at night, then the views do NOT matter as much, and that is the clientele to sell to. So at least he was targetting the right people.

Did you notice how on WWHL, Frederik got the lowest numbers in the poll of viewers who would want to use him as their broker! He was speechless. And Luis got the most with 40%! I think I prefer Ryan though he can be annoying at times. Frederik and Ryan make me laugh the most. Luis has improved his appearance since last season. They were great guests on WWLH. Never a dull moment.

Was Frederik kidding about getting a baby or was he talking about a dog?
    Punkin likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I did not think Fredric's tears were sincere. I thought they were a ploy for sympathy from the viewers - and likely didn't work. Those who like him still do, those who don't (like me) were not won over. I was amused that they brought it up again on WWHL, and Fredric was asked why he is still holding a grudge, but Luis is not over the way Fredric humiliated him. He claimed it was because he had apologized and Ryan never did. Ryan said he tought he had,but if not, did again. It was kind of genius on Ryan's part - now Fredric has what he said he wanted and has accepted it ... so I can't use that excuse to try to get sympathy and win over viewers anymore.
    LOVED the guys on WWHL, they were really entertaining! But on Million Dollar Listing: New York, to me, Frederik encorporates everything that is the best and the worst about real estate brokers. He will go to ANY EXTREME to get what he wants, and doesn't seem to care one bit whom he hurts (other brokers or clients) or what damage he does to do so. He can be so vicious, and has been horrible (even dishonest) multiple times to both Ryan and Luis. So to me, what Ryan did last season was TOTALLY JUSTIFIED, and Frederik didn't even deserve an apology. Ryan hurt his feelings and Frederik cried crocodile tears. Oh boo hoo. What Frederik did (on multiple occasions) to both Ryan and Luis was much, much worse. But, having said that, in his personal life, Frederik really does seem to have a soft side. The scenes (last year) with his mother and father were extremely touching, and he was very loving and vulnerable. And his scenes with his husband are very loving. And yes, I do think he wants to have a baby. (I kind of pity the baby though, because Frederik seems to be EXTREMELY controlling and exacting, and if his vicious side can't be contained, that could be very, very hard on any child.)

Love Luis! His joy of life is truly amazing!!! If he could bottle and sell it, he would be a billionaire. And you can really see the difference in his skill level as a real estate sales person, from last year to this year. He is becoming much more capable -- but I was really surprised that he won the WWHL poll, cause even though I personally like Luis the most and Frederik the least, as far as getting my condo sold/bought, I would definitely choose Frederik. The man get's it DONE!!!

Yeah, I"m wondering if those polls are rigged. The night Bethenny was on and she won as the housewife that viewers missed the most! No way. Bethenny has burned a lot of bridges and I do not believe that one unless Bethenny paid for that result. That's all I can figure.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought the results of this poll made perfect sense. On the show, we see a lot more times that Ryan and Fredric are putting their persona interests ahead of a client, or making moves that are not the best for a client. Luis was shown as a bit bumbling when he started on the show, but he's shown a lot of improvement. He seems to take caring for his clients to heart a lot more than the others, so it does not surprise me that he'd win the poll. There are other WWHL polls when one of the people who is a guest is an answer for the poll but the others are not on. In those cases, Ithink the guest has an advantage, because his/her fans are presumably tuning in. But in this case since all three of them were there and Luis seems to be he most sane of the three, I did not expect him to win, but it made sense to me when it was revealed.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

This show shouldn't even fall under "reality TV," but rather a Bravo sitcom (complete with sitcom music!) with bad acting. Fredrick mugs so much for the camera he should have handles for ears. Ryan is a far subtler actor, but he's still following a script. I still think that an authentic show about real New York real estate would be so much more interesting. I don't know why reality TV producers feel that fake reality is more entertaining than real reality. It's like a chef thinking Spam is better than ham.
    Florimel likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread