+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Re: Million Dollar Listing - NY

Ryan was dating Sonja Morgan from RHNY for awhile? Gross. Just gross.

He did??? Gross!!!

I can't get on board with Luis. There is something smarmy about him. Also he drinks a lot.....
    elleprn likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Why does Fredrik squeal like a sow mating with an extra large boar! So annoying and disgusting.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Great point Newsboi! That's why I like the Bravo version better. Like the Hiusewives shows, Million Dollar Listing and other Bravo shows include, along with the manipulated drama, a glance of the sacrifice needed to have the success they do. We see Fredric being a jerk and making millions, but also see him being pulled between work and his wedding. We see Ryan being charming and making millions. But we also see that when. Hurricane comes through he's alone with no one to turn to. There Re a lot of sacrifices to be made to get the lives people think are glamorous and desirable. I like that Bravo has come up with an entertaining way to remind people of that.
    To me, the fact that the drama is manipulated makes everything less enjoyable. I don't know of Fredrik really is torn between his work and his marriage or if that's concocted drama for the cameras. Same with the lonely hurricane scene, and the baby pig. In fact, when I watch this show I'm looking for scenes that might actually be authentic, and I can't believe any of them.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

True, but you get absolutely none of that insight on sacrifice when you are watching the HGtV equivalent that focuses on showing houses.

I've really enjoyed the show this season. I didn't much care for the other guy they had on last year. I really like Ryan and enjoy the show. I actually like NY much more than LA. I cannot stand Josh Altman on LA!! He is so annoying.
    Frederik's new husband was the nicest guy.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was so glad to see Ryan 'get' Fredrik, cause Fredrik TOTALLY deserved it. And boo hoo, boo hoo Fredrik, feeling so sorry for yourself with your crocodile tears. You are a sadistic over-achiever with no boundries when it comes to screwing one of your competitors out of a deal --- so you really had it coming -- And Ryan, your strategy to get even with Fredrik was BRILLIANT!!!! Good for you!!!

Having said all that, I really love the show any way --- even with all the back stabbing and shenanigans. Ryan is totally adorable (even if he is a bit of an arrogant jerk --- especially with women!), and Fredrik is a sh*t --- but a GREAT salesman, and fascinating to watch --- and I LOVE his relationship with his new husband. And I think that Luis is a delightful addition to the show. He lights up like a Christmas tree, and is totally charming! I love watching how he totally loves life. He really makes me smile, and I can use all of that, that I can get!!!!

Hope this show is renewed for next season!!!

In the episode in which Frederick was making Ryan jump through hoops to get a shot at the popular apt., he made Ryan stand up in the restaurant and mimick him doinng his call and stance, but he described it as a bird call I think. What kind of bird and where does it get its origin?

FORT Fogey

A looney bird that originates in Fredric's bizzare mind.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    In the episode in which Frederick was making Ryan jump through hoops to get a shot at the popular apt., he made Ryan stand up in the restaurant and mimick him doinng his call and stance, but he described it as a bird call I think. What kind of bird and where does it get its origin?
    It's the Karate "Crane Kick" --- If you want to see it GORGEOUSLY executed, go to YouTube and check out a video clip of the Crane Kick in the most recent version of The Karate Kid with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan.

+ Reply to Thread