+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Capture (The CW)

Capture (The CW)

Series premiere - July 30 at 9pm EDT

Capture | About | Show Information

In the wild, you are either the hunter or you are the prey. Twelve teams of two are about to enter the Hunting Grounds, a high-tech wilderness compound, where they must live in primitive conditions for one month in a winner-take-all battle to survive. At the mercy of the Game Master, the teams compete against each other for scarce resources and a $250,000 grand prize. Each week, different teams are designated as the Hunters. The teams being hunted are living on limited rations and wearing high-tech equipment that forces them to stay constantly on the move, making hunger and exhaustion very real problems. Additional food can be found at the Supply Station, but since the Hunters may the area staked out at any time, a visit to the Station is extremely risky. Emotions run high and sabotage is common as the teams all work to stay on the move and out of the range of the Hunters. The individual teams work through the tension and tough conditions, but relationships are often pushed to the breaking point. Meanwhile, the Hunters are using strategy and the latest GPS technology to track down the other teams and tag them by activating a pulsating device known as the Talon. When the Hunters have two teams in captivity, the rest of the competitors will vote on who stays and who goes. As the teams are eliminated, the Game Master also continuously decreases the size of the playing field, making hiding places even scarcer for those who remain. In this sophisticated game of cat-and-mouse, only one team will prevail to walk away with the $250,000 prize. CAPTURE is from Renegade 83 and Blackbird Television in association with Warner Horizon Television with executive producers David Garfinkle (“Ready for Love”), Jay Renfroe (“Ready for Love”) and Greg Goldman (“Ready for Love”), Brady Connell (“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”) and co-executive producers Shye Sutherland (“Fear Factor”) & Sean Foley (“Survivor”).

Reminded me of The Hunger Games because the show is done in an enclosed outdoor arena.

I don't know if the 4 hour hunt time limit will be enough though once the other teams become more familiar with the area and how the other teams strategize..
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Capture (The CW)

I liked it. Seemed like a fun game to play. The props were really cheezy though! Only on the CW would they bedazzle a hockey puck and call it a "Talon".
    Bearcata likes this.

Episode 2

Blue Team throws food into a stream and then denies they did it. I thought it was incredibly stupid for the Black Team to defend them. It's a game get rid of the all male teams...bug duh!

I saw an article on it and caught this week's episode. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed the show. It will definitely be interesting to see how the game changes it proceeds. It says in the blurb that they'll modify things as the game shrinks by restricting the hunt area, but it doesn't say if the Supply Station location will change (was it different between weeks one and two?). Either way, they have the "Game Master" ability to tweak as they go so that helps them keep a good show. I also wonder what endgame is, since at some point "nominate two, vote one out" won't work as well...

I'm surprised Blue managed to survive even with the blaring alarm. It was also interesting to see the 3 minute "not moving" thing: it seems like that would be a long time, but if you don't have a watch and you're trying to lay low I can see how the pink team missed it coming. In all, I think this'll be a fun one to follow.

The CW Capture website sucks as it doesn't have recaps or shows who got eliminated.

Episode 1

Hunt Team: Purple

Captured ? and Yellow

Voted out: Yellow

Episode 2

Hunt Team: Red

Captured Day 1: Grey
    Captured Day 2: Pink

Voted out: Grey

Episode 3 - The Blue Devils - August 13, 2013

Blue Team got picked to be the Hunt Team. I am sorry but that seemed so convtrived that the most hated team (they threw sandwiches in the water) in the game that everyone was planning to go after just happens to get "randomly" picked to be the Hunt Team. Producers that was so staged.

That being said, the Blue Team is so arrogant and thinks they are so powerful and better than the other teams need to remember this is also a social game. Don't antagonize the others so much that they are willing to get together to do something about it. There are 9 teams left, Blue Team has one ally Black Team. Its 7 against 2. If Blue had to capture Black to avoid elimination they would. I also noticed that while Blue Team did celebrate how well they did in capturing two other teams they also did in in the last 40 minutes for Purple and last 20 minutes of the day for Red. Both Purple and Red made huge mistakes that if they both had laid low both would have not been captured and Blue would have been automatically eliminated.

Purple Team: Erica needs to learn to lose more graciously.

Blue Team: arrogant and willing to do anything and antagonize anyone know how to make enemies...stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't want them to win at all.

White Team: Kaliesha -- you are no type of leader--you do have a loud, dominant personality but no way would I follow you because you would get everyone killed. Arguing with your partner in the woods while being hunted is not smart, its stupid. While I appreciate you getting into a shouting match with the Black Team..a smart leader would not do so..you admit to liking to instigate things .. that can get a leader killed as well as their team/tribe/etc... again stupid. You remind me of a drunk at a bar who likes to fight. They think they are tough and they may win a few fights but over all in the big picture where does that really get you?

Of the remaining teams, Gold, Lime, Green, Pink, Teal, Red they are a good combination of skill and brains and I can see them forming an alliance to get rid of Blue. Blue and Black have made enemies of everybody. White I wouldn't like as allies and I can see them blowing it. Still I would pull them into an alliance if it would help eliminate Blue and/or Black but they would also be one of the first ones I would eliminate.

I personally like the idea of getting rid of the strong all male teams and was surprised that Red Team was kept over Purple Team. Of the remaining all male teams I would get rid of in order, Blue, Green (arrogant also), Red and Gold. Gold are playing this game well I keep forgetting they are here and in the case of voting that is a good thing.

Next week: Looks like the others are planning to rid to eliminate Blue hope it works.

I think Red's social game was just a little better than Purple's. They don't have time to really give us all of the social dynamics when there are Extreme Dramaz going on between Blue and others, but it feels like Red survived because they're playing a better social game. As far as the drama: Blue and Black were right next to each other on the display and we were shown them not interacting, but I do have to wonder if they did actually do a wave-by that was cut, because it looks like teams further apart have been able to hear or see each other.

I loved Red's comment while he was on the block: it was the chocolate cake that did him in!

I still feel like a lot of the results of the hunt are coming down to luck since there's no real way (other than avoiding the supply station) for the hunters or the prey to move tactically: they just have to try "go this way and hope the hunters go another" in most cases. For every strategy like Purple's "go to the high ground" there was a team who might have been thinking "if we go to X the hunters won't", which is a bit arbitrary.

Still, I enjoyed the episode and it was interesting to see that the social game appears to be coming into play as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week now that Blue is so vilified.....

I did read that after every elimination the amount of territory is reduced. Also I noticed when the Blue Team was hunting the second day that you could see a blue string in the background. I wonder if that indicates the boundaries of the area they are allowed to roam around in?

I saw the blue string and wondered the exact same thing. I seem to recall that we didn't see them near the edge on the radar when I saw the string, but it's probable that a lot of this is edited and shown out of context (especially given the big disclaimers at the end about editing and reenacting parts not related to the actual hunt).

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I saw the blue string and wondered the exact same thing. I seem to recall that we didn't see them near the edge on the radar when I saw the string, but it's probable that a lot of this is edited and shown out of context (especially given the big disclaimers at the end about editing and reenacting parts not related to the actual hunt).
    the only reason they have that gigantic disclaimer at the end is that the CW used to be UPN Network. problem with that? UPN is the company that produced Manhunt which was seen to be a fraudulent game and was accused of restricting the game to have a different winner when they were dissatisfied with the original winner.

Which leads me to go... why produce another game that is going to lead to potential controversy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast