+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Capture (The CW)

Re: Capture (The CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I wasn't pissed off about it, but I didn't understand it. The pink team didn't seem very bright regarding the peanut butter. I don't recall the history of sharing food (by any teams), and I wouldn't have faulted the pink team for keeping the PB for themselves, but to flaunt it like they did -- what were they thinking?!

If I were a competing team, I'm not sure who I would have wanted to go. Teal is possibly the slowest, but this is the first time they have been caught. Pink has survival skills and say they're athletic, but they've been caught before. I think I would have voted for Teal to leave because of their bond with the red team. I'd worry that if I were to go up on the chopping block with either Teal or Red, that would be a fairly certain vote against me right off the bat.

Thanks for the heads up about the double episode next week.

I wish I could play this game (for a weekend, maybe, not weeks!). It reminds me of playing hide and go seek as a kid. All summer long, we'd play hide and go seek for hours after dinner - hiding under and in grapevines, in barns, in trees, under shrubs, in other outbuildings. The fear and anxiety when the seeker/hunter got close seemed as intense as if I were being stalked by an axe murderer.
    Can you imagine how bad the fear and anxiety would have been if you you were wired to an alarm that would go off if you didn't move every 3 minutes?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I wasn't pissed off about it, but I didn't understand it. The pink team didn't seem very bright regarding the peanut butter. I don't recall the history of sharing food (by any teams), and I wouldn't have faulted the pink team for keeping the PB for themselves, but to flaunt it like they did -- what were they thinking?!

If I were a competing team, I'm not sure who I would have wanted to go. Teal is possibly the slowest, but this is the first time they have been caught. Pink has survival skills and say they're athletic, but they've been caught before. I think I would have voted for Teal to leave because of their bond with the red team. I'd worry that if I were to go up on the chopping block with either Teal or Red, that would be a fairly certain vote against me right off the bat.

Thanks for the heads up about the double episode next week.

I wish I could play this game (for a weekend, maybe, not weeks!). It reminds me of playing hide and go seek as a kid. All summer long, we'd play hide and go seek for hours after dinner - hiding under and in grapevines, in barns, in trees, under shrubs, in other outbuildings. The fear and anxiety when the seeker/hunter got close seemed as intense as if I were being stalked by an axe murderer.
    I do think as an young athletic alpha team (Green) they seem to only respect the other young athletic alpha team (Gold) because they had similar skills and strengths. I see this all the time at work and other social interactions where you see people only respect people if they do things they way they would do it. Green doesn't really respect or fear Teal because their strength is their sneakiness and Green doesn't see it as a strength. That's why I luv it when teams like Teal manage to survive as long as they do and hopefully outlast Green. I know a lot of folks identify with strong alpha teams like Green, Gold and Red but the majority of us are more like Black or Teal and many of us sure as heck argue like White.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    ... and many of us sure as heck argue like White.
    LOL. So true. I found the White team annoying at first with all their arguing, but now I find their arguing entertaining. Even when they're both being stubborn about something, they're listening to each other (even though it doesn't seem like it), and one or the other will concede the point after a while. And they don't seem to hold grudges. It seems to work for them. I love the Teal teams asides to the camera - they're usually quite amusing. I like the Green team because the one boy called his mother. I started off liking the Red team, but don't like their arrogance, and their constantly saying their surviving a hunt shows that gays can be athletic too - who care if they're gay or not, and is there anybody left in America who doesn't think a gay person can be athletic?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I figured whichever team ended up in jail with Teal would be the one sent home. It looks like the final-three finale might be played a little differently--maybe some sort of race instead of a hunt?

At final four they should have either let Red be the only vote or let Green go first. They'd already shown the viewers that the hunt team was the tie break, so we knew that Red's vote was the only one that actually mattered. Ah well.

Final 3 was a regular hunt after all, just compressed into one day, huh. Though the twist of smoke at the end was interesting (and I WAS kind of wondering how he'd "take" their sight or hearing), I have to be suspicious: did Green REALLY tag Red with just three seconds left on the hunt clock, or was that just added for drama? It was nice to see Red and Green shaking hands after the capture. A few of the captures have been full of anger, but this was a nice "good sports" end. The final hunt was, too.

I really liked the final 2 hunt rules. It added a layer of cat and mouse onto it with the teams swapping every 15 minutes. From the time left in the episode you could tell who was going to win, but it was still well-edited and a good chase. I didn't think that Teal would be able to get close enough to pounce like they wanted to, either.

Well, congrats to Green and I hope they bring this back next year!

I liked this show, for the most part there was a lot of good sportsmanship and "it's a game" attitude. Loved the teal girls too. I would watch this again if it came back.
    Kip likes this.

Glad the White Team went home they annoyed me. I also get a bit put out with folks when they get mad at other people because they didn't do as they would have ie: White said if they had sabotaged a team they would go up and say so and seemed a bit put out with Green Team for not doing so. Green Team on the other hand considered the sabotage a part of the game and nothing personal and didn't feel they needed to say anything to the White Team and in fact to them the White Team seemed childish for not interacting with them at the village. POVs folks POVs. (Point of View).

Really wanted either Red or Teal to win. Paranoia seemed to be Reds downfall. Also it didn't seem fair that the Green Team were track stars, that seemed an unfair advantage over the other teams, just saying. The other teams seemed much more evenly matched as far as their strengths and weaknesses.

Have to say both Teal and Green and Red and White ended up being really good sports about the game.

Note: To Kaliesha (White Team) its OK to have emotions and express them as a physical female you don't have to have the biggest balls in the room.

I was very happy to see Teal and Green in the finals, since I was never fond of Red and their persecution complex. The fog twist was fun, and the final hunt was intriguing, with the hunt team switching like that. The girls performed well against the very dominant green team, their strategy to not hunt from the get-go was good, just a shame that in the woods, even just hiding in the bushes waiting for a team to pass by can make noise. Overall, I would've been happy with either team winning, Green really earned their victory and Teal were very good sports in the end.

I thought this was a genuinely great show, especially compared with how terrible Survivor has been for many seasons now. I really hope it gets a second season.
    Kip likes this.

When did this happen? I missed the finale, I thought it would be on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Evande View Post
    When did this happen? I missed the finale, I thought it would be on tonight.
    It actually happened on Wednesday night, right the following evening. I almost missed it myself, I don't remember if the CW mentioned in previews if it would run on Wednesday night instead of the following week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast