+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Capture (The CW)

Re: Capture (The CW)

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Yeah, Blue should have been an object lesson to Gold about social stuff. It's hubris to think that you're just too good to be caught in a game like this with luck and sabotage and twists thrown in, and Gold should've understood that.

It looked like Green was standing fairly centrally in the supply station and that there were at least two road-ish ways out, so I'm not sure Red really could have managed to get close. That said, Green had some serious afterburners going, so it might not have mattered anyway.

It never hurts to be polite to others in reality TV shows it gives folks one less reason to vote you out. Why do folks think being civil and polite to strangers equates to "being fake" or not "being real"?

What gets me is that folks go into these contests with only one game plan and they should have at least one or two backup plans because the producers know how quickly the contestants can catch on to how a game is played and throwing out twists keeps the contestants constantly off balance. Any athletic team that goes in to a reality TV game thinking that they will physically overcome all challenges to win the prize are deluding themselves and deserve to be eliminated.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think it is pretty obvious that while the strongest teams are Gold, Green and Red. It is smart to vote out the strongest team. Red has been caught twice, neither the Green Team or Gold Team have been caught until this episode. Therefore take out either Green or Gold. There is certain point alliances will not help in this game. The game started out with 12 teams and is now down to 6 teams. I am pretty sure that the producers will start throwing in some twists to even the playing field between the strong, fleet of foot teams and the smaller sneakier teams.
    Who gets caught seems mostly dependent on which team the hunt team encounters by chance. I don't recall - did the gold team ever outrun a hunt team to get away? The teal team has never been captured, but I think that's just because a hunt team never happened to run into them. In that last episode, to me, the red team was stronger as the gold team had what looked like at least a 10-foot head start and yet the red team managed to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Who gets caught seems mostly dependent on which team the hunt team encounters by chance. I don't recall - did the gold team ever outrun a hunt team to get away? The teal team has never been captured, but I think that's just because a hunt team never happened to run into them. In that last episode, to me, the red team was stronger as the gold team had what looked like at least a 10-foot head start and yet the red team managed to catch them.
    The Gold Team has been very smart and either by skill or luck has managed to avoid being hunted until this last episode. But it seemed as if they had spent all day climbing and were already tired and they are shorter then Red Team. The last chase was up hill as the screen showed the elevation changes. Also per the game rules the area that the teams are allowed to hide/hunt in gets smaller and smaller each time a team is eliminated so it gets harder and harder to hide.

This week's episode was kind of boring, to be honest. Black as hunters couldn't find much of anything though they gave it the old college try, then they went home. Yawn.

The "spend the night in the woods" twist was not ultimately all that interesting though it did force teams to the supply station (which is the only way Black would have seen anyone). I'm glad that I'm enjoying the confessionals, because that's about all there was to be interested in this episode. When the hunters are arguably the weakest team out there this game definitely loses some steam. I don't envy the editors trying to assemble a storyline for this week.

Still thought White was unbearably rude at the end. Not good winners and not good losers.

It seemed as if Noelle (blonde on the Black Team) would start her attacks too soon. If she had waited a couple of minutes when stalking Green Team and started the hunt after they had relaxed she would have been more likely to capture one of them.

I really am not liking the white team. They're too competitive to the point of being jerks about it, especially Kaleisha. The only remotely decent thing they did was give a compliment to the black Team on their way out. I don't particularly like the red team either because of their persecution complex and self-esteem issues, they take everything as a percieved insult, as seen with both the grey and lime teams. I really hope white and red are the next to go, leaving the quite likeable green, teal and pink teams remaining.
    Kip likes this.

Liked that the host mentioned that the teams had been at the site for 2 weeks.

Pissed me off that Green Team is saying that Teal Team disrespected Gold Team by sabotaging them. Are they nuts?

FYI:

The last two episodes will air next week, one of Tuesday at 9pm it's regular time and the last one on Wednesday at 9pm.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Pissed me off that Green Team is saying that Teal Team disrespected Gold Team by sabotaging them. Are they nuts?
    I wasn't pissed off about it, but I didn't understand it. The pink team didn't seem very bright regarding the peanut butter. I don't recall the history of sharing food (by any teams), and I wouldn't have faulted the pink team for keeping the PB for themselves, but to flaunt it like they did -- what were they thinking?!

If I were a competing team, I'm not sure who I would have wanted to go. Teal is possibly the slowest, but this is the first time they have been caught. Pink has survival skills and say they're athletic, but they've been caught before. I think I would have voted for Teal to leave because of their bond with the red team. I'd worry that if I were to go up on the chopping block with either Teal or Red, that would be a fairly certain vote against me right off the bat.

Thanks for the heads up about the double episode next week.

I wish I could play this game (for a weekend, maybe, not weeks!). It reminds me of playing hide and go seek as a kid. All summer long, we'd play hide and go seek for hours after dinner - hiding under and in grapevines, in barns, in trees, under shrubs, in other outbuildings. The fear and anxiety when the seeker/hunter got close seemed as intense as if I were being stalked by an axe murderer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast