+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Capture (The CW)

Re: Capture (The CW)

I thought both Lime and Black made some stupid moves. I would have sent Black home simply because they are a stronger team then Lime. Lime you knew would be sneaky. After watching Black's performance and comments that they had to have wine makes me think that both need to attend AA as they can't live without alcohol. James of the Lime Team made an incredibly stupid move by revealing that it was him that sabotaged the Red Team. Lime Team would still be in the game if James had kept his mouth shut.

Teams remaining:

3 all male teams left: Red, Green and Gold.

3 all female teams left: Pink, Teal, and Black.

1 male/female team left: White.

I kinda laughed at Green Team's confessional that they were the strongest team left, outside of them being a Hunt Team this is probably the only confessional of theirs that has aired.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There is supposed to be a game twister next week and I do think the game needs to be shaken up a bit as I can see the all male teams being able to outrun the remaining teams and be obvious choices for the final three.

I'm guessing from the previews that the special power they get is the ability to replace one of the captured teams with one of the non-captured teams. That would be a HUGE power move. It doesn't seem fair though so maybe they will just add a team to the vote instead of replacing one (voting on three teams).

Or perhaps switching things up, like making a hunter team become a prey team, or vice-versa. Perhaps it's the power for one prey team to make every other prey team appear on the map of the hunters. Overall, the three all-male teams remaining are all fast runners, so they need to even things up so the slower-running teams can stand a chance if they become hunters.

Teal team is my favorite so far because they play how I'd play. I noticed also that they are the only single team that nobody as ever even seen when they're prey. Not the hunters, not even the other prey teams have ever laid eyes on them when they're out there as prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Or perhaps switching things up, like making a hunter team become a prey team, or vice-versa. Perhaps it's the power for one prey team to make every other prey team appear on the map of the hunters. Overall, the three all-male teams remaining are all fast runners, so they need to even things up so the slower-running teams can stand a chance if they become hunters.

Teal team is my favorite so far because they play how I'd play. I noticed also that they are the only single team that nobody as ever even seen when they're prey. Not the hunters, not even the other prey teams have ever laid eyes on them when they're out there as prey.
    I do like the Teal Team because they don't argue loudly like the White Team, are not getting drunk like the Black Team and it is fun to watch them finish each other's sentences.

I sometimes wish the female on the White Team would get a penis and testicle transplant maybe that would shut her up.
    scoot13 likes this.

So last night's episode: Gold becomes the hunters and the Mystery Box(TM) is in the arena. All prey teams have alarms going off until someone opens the box, and when they open the box "a game changing power" will be given to them back in the village. The box is announced after 10 minutes. Red, Teal and Gold all run for it. Teal gets it, Red and Teal run away and Gold captures Red moments later. That first hunt must've been all of 20 minutes if the clock is right...

The power is that Teal gets to overthrow the hunters and eat their meal, then name another team as Hunt Team. I've never seen "angry confessional face" done quite as well as the Gold team's "we're upset" shot over losing the Hunter status. I had to snicker and rewind that one. Teal chooses Red to hunt, and at the supply station Black, Teal, Pink and Green have a tequila party. Green outsprints Red and then the supply station opens to the Hunt team (the benefit there was a phone call, which apparently they didn't close off when the station stopped being safe so Red made a call too). Every single team knew that Red had to capture Gold, Green or White to not go home, so it was amusing to watch everyone just chatting merrily away with Red not worried about being captured. Black was finally able to enjoy the alcohol without getting caught!!

With 20 minutes left Red finds Gold and chases them uphill (there was an "elevation" ticker on the screen even) until one of Gold collapses and they tag him. Watching everyone just fall over panting was also kind of amusing. Impressive, but amusing. It showed pretty viscerally how hard that chase was. With a vote of 3-2 Gold went home, and Red lives another day.

I think the editing kind of telegraphed that Gold would go since it kept highlighting that Red was playing the social portion of the game while Gold wasn't, but it made for a pretty good plotline.

I don't think that it is fake to be polite to everyone it could save your butt. Maybe playing the social game was not what Gold wanted to do but being rude to the Black Team (at least I thought it was the brunette on the Black Team) was a stupid thing to do as that was one vote that could have saved them.

Thought Red was dumb for not laying in hiding and ambushing the Green Team instead of being in the open like they were. Also why wasn't Red standing closer to the Green Team that seemed dumb?

Yeah, Blue should have been an object lesson to Gold about social stuff. It's hubris to think that you're just too good to be caught in a game like this with luck and sabotage and twists thrown in, and Gold should've understood that.

It looked like Green was standing fairly centrally in the supply station and that there were at least two road-ish ways out, so I'm not sure Red really could have managed to get close. That said, Green had some serious afterburners going, so it might not have mattered anyway.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I didn't understand why the pink(?) team - the last vote - voted to save the Red team. It seems to me it would be advantageous to get rid of a team who has a strong alliance with another team. With so few teams left, if either Red or Teal gets captured, you know they have an automatic vote to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I didn't understand why the pink(?) team - the last vote - voted to save the Red team. It seems to me it would be advantageous to get rid of a team who has a strong alliance with another team. With so few teams left, if either Red or Teal gets captured, you know they have an automatic vote to save them.
    I think it is pretty obvious that while the strongest teams are Gold, Green and Red. It is smart to vote out the strongest team. Red has been caught twice, neither the Green Team or Gold Team have been caught until this episode. Therefore take out either Green or Gold. There is certain point alliances will not help in this game. The game started out with 12 teams and is now down to 6 teams. I am pretty sure that the producers will start throwing in some twists to even the playing field between the strong, fleet of foot teams and the smaller sneakier teams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast