+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Capture (The CW)

Re: Capture (The CW)

Okay, last night's episode should be a tutorial for all reality show competitors on how NOT to conduct yourself if you want to win a game with ANY social component at all to it. Blue (specifically Eric) deserved that. I don't even understand how someone can push that many people's buttons and expect to win: did he really think that it was just un-possible for any of those losers to ever capture him? And then to stand on the voting block and essentially give half of the teams the finger... I think everyone felt bad for Shane by the end of that, even though he wasn't particularly innocent of the cockiness before he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Okay, last night's episode should be a tutorial for all reality show competitors on how NOT to conduct yourself if you want to win a game with ANY social component at all to it. Blue (specifically Eric) deserved that. I don't even understand how someone can push that many people's buttons and expect to win: did he really think that it was just un-possible for any of those losers to ever capture him? And then to stand on the voting block and essentially give half of the teams the finger... I think everyone felt bad for Shane by the end of that, even though he wasn't particularly innocent of the cockiness before he got hurt.
    Ah, so blue is out then? I have to say that it was well-deserved on their elimination. Any team was going to target them for sure.

Sad though that they had votes for them to stay (if I'm reading right in the stories online) - if I were most folks I'd given them a blindside.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Ah, so blue is out then? I have to say that it was well-deserved on their elimination. Any team was going to target them for sure.

Sad though that they had votes for them to stay (if I'm reading right in the stories online) - if I were most folks I'd given them a blindside.
    The captured teams were Black and Blue, and Shane of Blue sustained a knee injury when he fell as he got captured: while Pink and Red were both shown debating keeping an injured blue for a "free pass later", Eric's odious behavior just couldn't be overcome. We were shown the sandwich brouhaha before, but the beginning of this episode really highlighted some bullying behavior by Eric, and he literally hurled insults at as many people as he could during voting.

They chose to have the teams vote in a 4-blue-vote order that meant we never needed to see Red or Pink up there, and that gave Green James the coup de gras "go home bully" speech (which was the biggest plotline in the episode). So while we were shown the deliberation about keeping Blue around, we'll never know if those who might've done so were actually GOING to vote for Blue or if it was just talk.

Wow...Eric? Really?

What a sad, sad person.

Hurling insults at the people voting for you... at the time of the voting?

Oh dear... Eric has taken the Hantz School of Hating Hatred of "Haters" and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Doctorate and now is a professor there.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    ...I still feel like a lot of the results of the hunt are coming down to luck since there's no real way (other than avoiding the supply station) for the hunters or the prey to move tactically: they just have to try "go this way and hope the hunters go another" in most cases. For every strategy like Purple's "go to the high ground" there was a team who might have been thinking "if we go to X the hunters won't", which is a bit arbitrary.....
    I agree that who the hunters find is pretty much luck. I've been trying to think of how I'd play it. I considered going to high ground (as you mentioned, we saw how that worked out), staying close to a slower team, or if spotting the hunt team, following behind them (very risky though if they decide to turn around).

There's a lot of footage of the teams walking on paths. Walking on paths would be quieter that walking through undergrowth, but hunters seem to stay on paths a lot. Maybe it would be better to move very slowly through the undergrowth than more quickly on paths.

Are there any rules about how close teammates have to stay to each other? If not, it seems like it might be beneficial for the hunt team to walk 20 or 30 feet apart from each other.

I'm sure that there is some rule that says they can't get further than x feet apart. Their vests may be set up to go off if they get out of range of each other. If not, the hunt team would be splitting up to "corner" the prey.

I would definitely try to map out a flight strategy playing the course multiple times. Find a path that had low visibility or a good short cut or hiding place. I might even go to the same place every time just so I could know the area better than my opponent.

I wonder how close it was to the teams voting to keep Blue over Black until Eric started insulting them during the vote. I do think if Blue came back Eric would have behaved in even a worse manner. Did the other teams even wonder a bit why Shane was not eliminated immediately because of his knee injury. If it was not bad enough to be eliminated that means he could possible run on it if he had a brace.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

In the latest episode, the British twins were the hunt team. They captured no one the first day, despite the Lime team sabotaging the red team (an arrow showed on the hunt team's wrist screens showing the direction of the red team for the duration of the hunt). On the second day, the hunt team captured the Lime team as they approached the supply station, and the Black team as they left the supply station after having consumed a bottle of wine. I don't like either of the captured teams, so didn't care who was voted off, but it was Lime who was sent home.

It was interesting that Lime James owned up to sabotaging Red when he really didn't need to. But if he was going to own up, he should have just come completely clean: "you were the furthest away," and be done.

This episode also answered a bunch of rules edge-cases that I'd been wondering about. We now know that the hunt team is required to put the talon on the back of the prey (since the twins were complaining that they couldn't reach Rebecca's back since she was lying on it), that partially inside the safe zone is not considered "safe", and that the game runners can rule a capture for cause. We also know that the tiebreaker is the hunt team's vote.

So Black was captured last time for drinking beer and this time for drinking wine... at least Red learned his lesson from the cake incident...

I'm also annoyed at last week's trailer for showing the capture of Lime VERY clearly. It was a little muddier than perhaps implied, but they spoiled it pretty badly since Lime was in fact captured.
    mindy384 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast