+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Winner Is... (NBC)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

The Winner Is... (NBC)

I'm surprised there is no thread for this yet. Has anybody been watching?

Re: The Winner Is... (NBC)

This is the show where singers compete by betting on how well they did with the live audience.

I've watched 3 episodes. I have decided that I won't watch anymore. There are several reasons.

One reason is that it's set up so that it's too heartbreaking to see some of the best singers go home early, because they are so desperate for money, they take the money which is the sure thing, because they can't take the chance of leaving with nothing. That is wrong, IMO and it makes me not want to keep seeing it happen. This results in barely average singers prevailing and going on into the next level of competition and the great singers going home with small fries, because the great singers are desperate for $10,000. -50,000.
    It's too depressing for me.

I am also wary of some of the results of the votes. There were several voting results that I just didn't buy. Once I am that suspicious, that's it. I predict that show will end up having some irregularities.

The show has potential, but they need to revamp it, IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.

I like it for what it is so far.

Gina was pretty good, and I don't know why she thought Leah beat her. She took the $50,000 and lost. That was the biggest upset so far imo.

But I like that part of the show. It tests their confidence in themselves and it's an interesting element.

The voting results are fair. Too bad other shows don't have experts like this one does.

I like the concept, but I would prefer that the judges vote them through. Recall the great soul singer who had this large family who had medical needs. He had to take that $50,000. He was soooo much better than his competitor, but she went on and he folded. He could have gone much further, but he needed the money. I would prefer the judges put him through and he had no option to fold. He was too good for that. I don't think it was so much confidence, but the desperation for the money for his family.

So the finale is next week.

My favorite is that seniors group. They took out a country singer in their second round. Glad to see a country singer not unfairly dominate for once.

But no that's not why they're my favorites. I liked their performances. And they're unique.

I just can't help but wish some of the better performers were in the finale. It's just too sad they aren't there because they were broke. lol

+ Reply to Thread