+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls (NBC Mon 9/8c)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls (NBC Mon 9/8c)

Premieres this coming Monday, July 8 on NBC!!

I'm excited for this one: A synopsis as written by Micheal Roberts:
    On July 8, NBC will premiere his first-ever network series, Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls, a weekly reality game show that plays out (roughly) in the Survivor model: Ten two-person teams try to prove their mettle in the wilds of New Zealand. Each week, Grylls sends one team home. The duo left standing at the end wins $500,000
    More information can be found at this link:
    Bear Grylls is Back In Get Out Alive | TV | OutsideOnline.com

Anyone planning on watching?
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Re: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls (NBC Mon 9/8c)

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Premieres this coming Monday, July 8 on NBC!!

I'm excited for this one: A synopsis as written by Micheal Roberts:

More information can be found at this link:
    Bear Grylls is Back In Get Out Alive | TV | OutsideOnline.com

Anyone planning on watching?
    I AM!!!

Just set my DVR to record this last night! Looks great!
    KAREN

I am watching it! I am also watching 72 hours

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm loving the concept. Bear said he really wants to focus on the relationships between the teams and how the survival situation grows and develops those relationships vs. the casting of "characters" for drama and silliness. (a la Big Brother and Survivor of late). A reality show in the tradition of Survivor and AR with a cast of real people is right in line with what I want to watch this summer!

And footage of beautiful New Zealand may be enough reason to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I am watching it! I am also watching 72 hours
    I luv adventure racing shows and am also watching 72 Hours so this should be good. The CW also has something like this coming out at the end of July and of course Discovery Naked and Alive.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I look forward to seeing this. I used to want to participate in this kind of contest. There is a real competition that involves groups. I can't recall the name of it, but it involves hiking, swimming, biking, etc. I saw a documentary about it years ago.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this show! I thought about doing a pool for it but it's hard to come up with points categories when you don't know how the show is going to go. If this first season goes well and they do a second season, a pool might be a possibility in the future!

In the same vein as this show, I wonder if they're ever going to do a second Expedition Impossible? I would guess not or they would have done it before now. The first one was 2 years ago.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I look forward to seeing this. I used to want to participate in this kind of contest. There is a real competition that involves groups. I can't recall the name of it, but it involves hiking, swimming, biking, etc. I saw a documentary about it years ago.
    I think I remember watching this... years ago and I loved it. I wish I could remember what it was called...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Mark Burnett used to produce The Eco Challenge which was an ecological adventure race with teams of four and usually you had to have one of the opposite sex as part of the group.

FYI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_racing

Adventure racing (also called expedition racing) is a combination of two or more endurance disciplines, including orienteering (if an orienteering map is used) and/or navigation (when non-orienteering maps are used), cross-country running, mountain biking, paddling and climbing and related rope skills. An expedition event can span ten days or more while sprints can be completed in a matter of hours. There is typically no suspension of the clock during races, irrespective of length; elapsed competition time runs concurrently with real time, and competitors must choose if or when to rest.

Adventure racing historically required teams to be of a specified size and to include both men and women, but many races no longer restrict team size and include single-sex divisions. Some also include age-based categories.
    Contents

Watching the first 25 minutes. Not bad so far then right before the commercial break, Bear wants urine. What is this man's fascination with drinking urine??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast