+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls (NBC Mon 9/8c)

Re: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls (NBC Mon 9/8c)

Last night's episode -- food snack -- grubs and fish egg sacks, YUM!

I think the obstacle folks were a disaster but I am glad Alicia left as who wants a Negative Nellie who cries and pouts and is a sore loser.

I am looking forward to seeing the daughter from the purple team bully her mother again.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yep, the food is gross, but I think in a show called "Get out alive"... it really should be about eating the food that you would have to dig up in the wild.

I'd just like to touch on the problem with going too fast for the slower hikers. Sometimes, in survival situations, you have to walk out of where you are, or you won't be found. I think that is what these journeys are based on. They have to get to a destination before sun down, so they do have to move fast enough to get there in time, or the camp overnight will be a disaster. Taking the 'journeys' helps them to realize how important it is to get food and drink (they are expending a LOT of energy) and how important it is to reach your destination quickly. The longer you take walking, the longer you are still trying to survive in the wilderness. That's my thought on it. Also, it's a show, and Bear does need to see who is physically a cut above of others... I think there is a pretty good balance between physicality and team work.

As for the elimination, I was divided. I think Robyn and her husband (forget his name for the moment) were equal Alicia to being a detriment to the team as a whole. Without help, they would have drifted away! That's not getting out alive to me. I also understand how the negative attitude of Alicia was bringing down spirits, so I guess it's even. That said, the red haired girl b*tching about Alicia to the others? Also pretty negative in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I am looking forward to seeing the daughter from the purple team bully her mother again.
    I know. It's so uplifting. I love the mom, though. I think she's a toughie for her age.

I will miss Alicia's boyfriend though, what a cutie patootie.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Last night's episode -- food snack -- grubs and fish egg sacks, YUM!

I think the obstacle folks were a disaster but I am glad Alicia left as who wants a Negative Nellie who cries and pouts and is a sore loser.

I'm also glad that Bear eliminated Alicia. I just can't stand people who are whiny and negative like that.

So, is next week a foregone conclusion that Wilson and Robin will be eliminated? Unless they win the challenge, I think it is.

I'll be really interested to see what plays out the last couple of weeks. I think there was a pretty clear dividing line between the top 5 teams and the bottom 5, but I haven't seen anything that clearly puts a couple of teams on top.

I am not a big reality TV person and only started watching this show b/c I am a big soccer fan and Ali kept tweeting about her brother being on the show. I guess having a team to root for makes it more interesting for me. Of course, I want Kyle and Royce to win, but I've come to like a couple of the other teams as well.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MapEnder
    So, is next week a foregone conclusion that Wilson and Robin will be eliminated? Unless they win the challenge, I think it is.
    Welcome MapEnder!

I agree that it is very, very likely Wilson and Robin are next, though I'm not sure it is foregone... personally, I was sure they'd be gone last week, but another team fell apart more. I just checked teams and their names and was surprised to see this team is only 40 and 36 years old. For some reason I had them pegged as older.

I'm also rooting for Kyle and Royce but Austin and his dad, Jim (who is 61 by the way! 61!) are really my favourites still.
    I'm not really liking Chris and Jeff that much. I didn't think Jeff's injury was all Ryan's fault. Jeff asked a question but instead of waiting for the answer, he jumped. It was his responsibility to know how to do it too. He and Chris really hurt the group the first week too by jumping into things without thinking, but I think Bear favours this team somewhat. :/

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Welcome MapEnder!

I agree that it is very, very likely Wilson and Robin are next, though I'm not sure it is foregone... personally, I was sure they'd be gone last week, but another team fell apart more. I just checked teams and their names and was surprised to see this team is only 40 and 36 years old. For some reason I had them pegged as older.

I'm also rooting for Kyle and Royce but Austin and his dad, Jim (who is 61 by the way! 61!) are really my favourites still.
    I'm not really liking Chris and Jeff that much. I didn't think Jeff's injury was all Ryan's fault. Jeff asked a question but instead of waiting for the answer, he jumped. It was his responsibility to know how to do it too. He and Chris really hurt the group the first week too by jumping into things without thinking, but I think Bear favours this team somewhat. :/
    Wow, I am shocked because I thought they were more in the line of being 60 and 57. It's just the way they act and move I guess.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was shocked too, like Bearcata I pegged them around 60. On the first episode they said something about thinking about starting a family and I was like WHAT? Isn't it kind of late for that at 60?!?!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm having this sinking feeling that Wilson and Robin are being pimped to win the whole thing because of their "heart". They should have been eliminated weeks ago because they've been holding the rest of the group back since the beginning. They definitely wouldn't get out alive on their own.

I'm not liking this show as much as I thought I would.
    Florimel likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm having this sinking feeling that Wilson and Robin are being pimped to win the whole thing because of their "heart". They should have been eliminated weeks ago because they've been holding the rest of the group back since the beginning. They definitely wouldn't get out alive on their own.

I'm not liking this show as much as I thought I would.
    About Wilson and Robin, I disagree. They were so close to being eliminated this time... if the Mom fought at all to stay, I think Wilson and Robin would have been gone. I would lay heavy money on that pair being gone next week or the next.

I think the front runners are:
    Chris and Jeff
    Royce and (kyle?)
    Louie and Lucky
    and
    Austin and Jim

Barring an injury, I can't see Wilson and Robin bypassing any of these teams.

Oh, and I reached my limit with the maggots. For heaven's sake, maggots. BLAH!

Yes, what is this, Fear Factor?
    sunnydayz likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    About Wilson and Robin, I disagree. They were so close to being eliminated this time... if the Mom fought at all to stay, I think Wilson and Robin would have been gone. I would lay heavy money on that pair being gone next week or the next.

I think the front runners are:
    Chris and Jeff
    Royce and (kyle?)
    Louie and Lucky
    and
    Austin and Jim

Barring an injury, I can't see Wilson and Robin bypassing any of these teams.

Oh, and I reached my limit with the maggots. For heaven's sake, maggots. BLAH!
    I agree with this.

Chris and Jeff - Had a lot of negative feedback in the first episode, but been solid since then
    Royce and Kyle - Mostly positive stuff.
    Louie and Lucky - I don't remember much about them being overly positive or negative.
    Austin and Jim - Been really solid until the last episode where they got some negative feedback.

I wonder if as the episodes progress that physical capabilities will really win out. I could definitely seeing it coming down to Chris and Jeff and Kyle and Royce which is kind of boring, but honestly not that surprising. You can't say that physical fitness and strength wouldn't play a huge roll in surviving in the wild as long as you aren't a complete idiot.

Based off of social media, Royce and Kyle seem to be the favorite team, but that really isn't a good comparison since Kyle has thousands more followers than any of the other contestants.

+ Reply to Thread