+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

I've been wondering who would want either of the doctors looking after them, they both whine and get stessed so quickly. The trick with the maps was just low and it was good to see them humbled by the bones.
    I continue to be impressed by Jody and his brother both seem like great guys.
    I'm with you CCL I don't like the sisters or their attitudes, they seem like spoilt brats and you can tell they get by on their looks more often than not. From next weeks preview of them pushing in front of other racers at the airport I would think they will not be well liked by anyone pretty fast.
    Was glad to see the hippies not give the express pass to the doctors but really why the heck did they pick the bratty sisters. Would love to see a challenge that requires a hair cut for hippy Darren, those dreds are horrid.
    I am still impressed with this version of the race, quality is high, the show well made, and I now look forward to Monday night's TV offerings.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My favourite aspect of this leg was the fact that I knew the terrain and exactly where the racers needed to go to get around that area. It's so much fun when you KNOW the girls made a wrong turn heading north to Edmonton or that the museum is quite close to Horsethief Canyon, or there was no way they went past Horsethief Canyon on their way from Calgary to the Hoodoos. We had been to absolutely every place they had visited this leg. Lots of fun.

I don't blame the hippies for not giving the Express Pass to 'Hol' and the 'Guy who yells HOL a lot'. I really don't like that pair, at all.

I loved the celebration Jet and Dave had after he got passed at the dance hall. Their enthusiasm makes me laugh.
    Hyper likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

I like them all( even the docs) I like it because they should all be different, and they are. They should all be exhausted and not know what they are saying .WTG AR Canada

I took my son to that museum, he had nightmares for a week after that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't remember but were they required to give the second pass away? or could they just not give it to any of them and it would have been nul and void?

I don't think they have to give it away , in the interview with Hal and Joanne in the behind the scenes blackberry contest they were asked if they had won the pass would they have gave it to the doctors. Hal answered he wasn't sure he said they might have just throw it away rather than give it to someone.
    Not sure if everyone knows that CTV re-airs the current weeks episode each Saturday night giving people a second chance to see the show or re watch it and catch details you missed the first time.

CCL

They re-air it a lot. I saw a late Sunday afternoon showing as well,and they air it on other networks like OLN.

Not sad at the hippies going. And with an express pass in their pocket -it's like TAR last year with the guy running around looking for surfboards. Too bad they gave their other pass to the sisters - maybe they would have been out instead. Their budding in line at the airport didn't end up mattering(as they were all on the same flight) but I hate when people go to the first person in line and ask if they can cut. Unless you ask every single person in the line behind, it's not right. And then Tim Jr tried to cut in front of one of the bros later at the waterhole and the crowd booed him.

I half expected Hal and Joanne to cede their place to soldier and brother after the latter signed up for the wrong flight. Would've been quite Canadian. But, fair enough, they weren't the ones who screwed up. And the last plane position was precarious, with the other two teams having express passes.

That speed bump was hard - a lot to memorize. Kudos to the Tims.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was a good episode lots of interesting stuff, for myself not sure what would have been hardest walking across the ice or getting into that tiny plane ugh! Kudos for everyone doing those things. Sure looked amazing both locations but couldn't help thinking how different it must look in winter. At least both express passes are now gone, though why the hippies didn't use thiers I really don't understand their thinking.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I had a dream that a parent/child team finally won an Amazing Race. Foreshadowing of a Tim/Tim victory?

Omg I though Cory and Jody were going to be last. How the heck he keeps up - I don't know, but I love this teams spirit. I also love the two Tims their speed bump was harder than some on the AR US.I like Joe and Hal, Jet and Dave make me smile.The teeny girls keep up, but the docs, how many times a week does he say Hol( many) I have to mute him, but they are good as well The scenery was breathtaking.Before it started I said to hubby, it would be funny if the hippies lose out to the team they gave the express pass to- I jinxed them bye hippies
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Hey FannyMare: Hol? Hol. Hol! HOL? Hol. Hol. Hol! HOL!! Hol. Hol? Hol! Hol. Hol. Calm down, HOL!!

I was sorry to see the hippies go, I liked them, though they were a bit bland... neither hate able nor loveable to me.

Those girls are so clueless, they are kind of fun to watch in that way. I think the hippies gave them the pass expecting to oust a better team as a result... that better team turned out to be themselves! Whoops.

I love the Tim's. Along with Jet and Dave (those guys are pretty funny), and Body Break. But I'm kind of rooting for the Tims. Anyone from Winterpeg is an underdog in my eyes. lol
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

+ Reply to Thread