+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    The veteran is from my neighborhood. I didn't even know he was trying out until I saw it in our community paper.
    His brother lives near us he is the one that had a viewing party.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I would love to enter the Air Canada contest but I can't find it

I found an Interac contest though
    Air Canada contest is www.cheertowin.aircanada.com it's a weekly enter contest. Sure sweet prizes!
    The interact one is once a day and they are serious about the time thing, states in the rules trying to enter more than once a day will result in all your entries being disqualified!
    Anyone find the blackberry contest?
    Good Luck everyone!

I entered today - thanks for the link
    catsrule likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    His brother lives near us he is the one that had a viewing party.
    How cool is that?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    See, I didn't really care for the hippies. But I agree with you regarding the dad and soldier.

There's a box on the right hand side of the CTV Amazing Race page. It opened up at 10 pm ET. There's other contests too - for Blackberry and Interac.
    I found it , thank you. I have to say I like all the teams.
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought this was going to be a cheesy version of TAR... like the family version a few years ago. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I'm liking just about everyone. The younger sister/older sister combo got my back up with the 'suckers' comment. My daughter recognized the younger sister from some tv show.
    I had the deepest respect for Jody (the vet) then he stepped out on that beam... I cried like a baby.
    I rolled my eyes at the 2 muscle dudes who are so huge that their heads look too small for their bodies, making them cartoonish - and then they surprised me with their smarts.
    Hal and Joanne have been in my life for what feels like forever, it was nostalgic to see them on my tv again.
    Lovin' the gay cowboys!
    I was surprised the hippies pulled off first place but good for them!
    I'm really looking forward to next week, it looks like they're staying in BC.
    They're probably going to do the Skywalk at the CN Tower. meh. I'd love to see more of the east coast.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The links to all the contests are on the CTV web site. The Blackberry contest gives a video to view so you can answer a couple easy questions for bonus entries, the best part is it gives you some more background or previously not aired video on the race, bonus video if you please. So not only a chance at a nice prize but more of the race I'd call that a win win situation.
    Am pleasantly surprised with how well done this version of TAR is just as BBCan was also very well done. Love seeing new challenges different than seen on the american versions. Am now looking forward to Masterchefs Canada that is currently starting auditions, if they do as good at the Canadian verions as BBCan and TARCan we're in for a treat.
    Nice to finally see Canadian versions of fav shows be made not only as well as american versions but maybe even better than. Maybe a little heavy with all the product placement but hey at least the racers get great prizes which is so unlike the Canadian game show tradition. The addition of the contests for the home viewers is for me as a contest enterer a real bonus.

P.S. By the way from the small preview of the next episode I kind of thought the area looked like Edmonton but having been there only once I could be way wrong.
    Last edited by catsrule; 07-19-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add more comment.

The contest or AC just emailed me , said to choose a couple - I thought I had
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Surprised at the number of teams that switched detours. And Jet and partner had already gathered all the stuff and just needed to do the dance -I don't know why they switched.
    Roadblock was funny with all the falls but I think they needed to cut the time -seems like everyone finished easily, even with the spills.
    The sisters continue to annoy. They can go.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The Race comes to my neighbourhood. I've walked by that tea shop a million times but always figured them for a health supply store. Their awnings don't really scream "tea merchant".

Oh noes! The sisters are trying to memorize the characters on the tea cup, but they're looking at it from the wrong way round. The master gives them a pass anyway.
    Last edited by Evande; 07-23-2013 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread