+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I missed the show tonight because our cable was out. Can someone please tell me who got eliminated?
    The brothers, they U turned Alain and Audrey , and they caught up!! Shoot, it was such a good episode this week. Here is a link for you. BTW Alain proposed to Audrey on the mat..

'The Amazing Race Canada' recap | The London Free Press
    Ryan and Rob did two detours and speed bump! they were also u turned
    shyra likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I'm probably the only one rather sad the twins are out.
    The mentos challenge looked super hard and frustrating. So many little items. Even the ones who stayed in the race took hours to do it.
    The judging was too easy on the food detour - I don't expect them to have perfect accents but a couple of them totally butchered "charcuterie"and Sukhi didn't even say the full name when delivering the coffee (she didn't say creme). Some of them needed to redo it. I did laugh when Sukhi spilled her coffee and the little picture in the screen went from the coffee cup standing up to it on its side. And Audrey delivering hers, thinking she was done and the guy going...uh...no...and the camera shot going to his empty coffee cup and coffee-soaked croissant.
    Mickey and Pete going to Place des Canada rather than Place du Canada...man...that was funny but I felt so bad for them, it really took them out of the way. I don't know where they ended up but the meter was at over a hundred euros so quite far, and at the expense of their money too. Glad they weren't uturned as well so they could catch up.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Well, I for one was thrilled that karma took the twins out. They had absolutely NO reason to u-turn Alain and Audrey. They were well ahead of them, they had made a pact to support each other, and they themselves were not u-turned. I can understand Sukhi and Jinder u-turning the bartenders, they thought they were racing for last so sure, that makes sense. But the twins just seemed so spiteful and gleeful about it. Their huge grins at the mentos challenge and their crowing and high fiving each other and Jinder just made it all that much sweeter as the hours went by and every other team passed them, including the bartenders who were u-turned AND has a speed bump to complete!

The thing is, Audrey likely would have helped the twins like she helped Pete. I don't understand why the twins felt she was "untrustworthy" but boy that really bit them in the butt.

It was wonderful to see Paris again. The pit stop was about 3 blocks away from the apartment we rented last summer. We walked across that lock bridge to Notre Dame. Such a wonderful, vibrant and beautiful city. And I thought it was really lovely seeing Alain propose to Audrey, with Notre Dame in the background. She looked so shocked and surprised and truly happy. I guess he brought a ring with him?

Such a great episode. I'm just loving this season!!
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quebec twins say Amazing Race Canada producers portrayed them as villains | National Post

“We are not the U-turning type of people,” one of the brothers told Alain and Audrey in French. “If we kick out some Quebec team, we’re all gonna look stupid. So we have to stick together.”

In actuality, the devious duo secretly planned a U-Turn on their U-Turn stance.

“U-Turning is part of this game,” Pierre reasoned. “We love Quebec but we came here to win.”
    I still don't see how they thought u-turning the other Quebec team would help them in the long run. If you're one of the first to get to the u-turn, and you yourself haven't been u-turned, why invite bad karma?

They straight up went back on their agreement with A&A, which is fine but don't pretend it wasn't a villainous thing to do!

Funny, I said from the start I couldn't take to these two...oh well, they are gone.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

@Shyra: You can rewatch the full episode or the recap at Watch The Amazing Race Canada Online on CTV | Watch Full Episodes -

I'm quite happy the twins are gone, to be honest. While U-Turning itself is part of the game, it's pointless to make a pact over something if you're planning on breaking it before you can gain anything out of it. Add the childish glee they (and Jinder) had over it...

I've actually grown fond of the Ryan and Rob team, and things were looking like they were going to be eliminated for sure. That harmonica speedbump looked quite serious!

The mime on the mat was funny to watch! I also agree that the scoreboard at the lunch delivery detour was pretty funny. Did you notice that when Mickey and Pete finally got to it, the board was drawn with a piece of chalk?

Alain and Audrey might not have the best luck in marriage, if they are in any way superstitious. They apparently hung a lock on a nearby bridge to symbolize their union, but that bridge partially collapsed a few months ago. See for more info:

The Amazing Race Canada - Season Two - A romantic surprise at the Pit Stop for Alain and Audrey in Paris - CTV
    shyra likes this.

There are actually two lock bridges in Paris, fairly close together. Last summer my niece got engaged (and just recently married!) while we were over there, so to mark the occasion my husband and I hung a lock on the bridge that is closer to the Louvre, and that seemed to be much, much more full of locks than the one that the TAR contestants ran over. We walked across the bridge used on the show the day we went to Notre Dame and we noticed a lot of it was free from locks, so I don't know if that is the one that collapsed or if it was the original bridge that we used.

By the way, the city is considering disallowing folks to use the bridges for locks. I can't imagine that would ever really happen though, as it is a very time-honoured tradition. When we first saw the original bridge in the distance, I thought it was made of copper or some other kind of metal, as it was literally shimmering and glowing in the sunlight. As we got nearer we realized that it was just crammed with locks. It's fascinating to read some of them, and the Eiffel Tower in the distance is really gorgeous.

Well, that was... interesting.

Sukhi and Jinder played it very smart to the Fast Forward. They made their announcements clear while Meaghan and Natalie were still discussion, so the hockey girls knew if they were going for it, it would be a big risk.

Ryan & Rob, not so much. Especially when they arrived at the challenge, and knew they had no control themselves over beating S&J. It seemed to me they were taking too huge a risk. Though in the end it didn't seem to matter much. They spent a lot of time on the detour too.

It surprised me that the Fast Forward only skipped one Detour and one stop elsewhere (though it's hard to tell how much time it took to travel there). If any of the teams was a little more lucky on the Detour, the Fast Forward would've been pointless.

I like Ryan & Rob, but two survivals through NELs... It's just like those 2 guys from a few years back, they won't feel like true winners to me even if they win.

I am hoping for the hockey team or the long haired guys to win. Both teams look like they are having alot of fun doing this race.

CCL

Yeah, I don't know why Ryan and Rob went for the fast forward, knowing they were in the back (as usually a team in front takes it) and then stayed when they saw Sukhi and Jinder there. Mind, I was hoping Sukhi and Jinder would drop out.
    Grilled cheese...yum...good detours.
    I don't know that the hockey team looks like they are having fun. More in the talking head segments I guess. They usually look more determined to me...get the job done, put your game face on. And usually they do, so good for them. Mickey and Pete have grown on me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread