+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

I just watch them online. They actually show them on the official website for free with no regional restrictions, though obviously with commercial breaks. The nice thing is that you can watch them whenever you want, rather than being forced to be home at specific times. I guess recording them does more or less the same thing.

Either way, that was quite a surprise. The hockey girls in the lead after the first challenge made me think this was going to be another of those episodes, and then the next challenge was hockey, AND there was a fast forward, there was like no way they weren't going to be first. Who knew they had to take over 50 tries on a hockey challenge, where even Sukhi and Jinder needed less than 40 tries, let alone Pierre and Michel and Mickey and Pete.

What I don't get is Sukhi and Jinder skipping on the fast forward altogether. Sure, with the hockey girls in front, the risk that the hockey girls would've done it was too big, but once they got to the changing room, Sukhi should've done the same thing that Audrey did, and that is get the heck out of there. Then again, they might have totally sucked at the fast forward. It really wasn't their kind of challenge.

Ryan and Rob were dangerously close to elimination all episode long, just barely saved by Rob's performance capabilities. I do hope they move back up the ladder, though.

CCL

That's cool that you can watch it from the website without geo-restrictions.
    I'm not really surprised the hockey girls "choked" a bit at the hockey task. They were probably over-confident.
    Rex's club performance was all sorts of amusing but I'm not really sad to see them go. They didn't really seem to get that much joy from the race. Last week, when they came in last, they kind of looked disappointed they were still in. And I can't really "forgive" them quitting two tasks on the very first leg. Of course there was a ballerina there to greet them.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    That's cool that you can watch it from the website without geo-restrictions.
    I'm not really surprised the hockey girls "choked" a bit at the hockey task. They were probably over-confident.
    Rex's club performance was all sorts of amusing but I'm not really sad to see them go. They didn't really seem to get that much joy from the race. Last week, when they came in last, they kind of looked disappointed they were still in. And I can't really "forgive" them quitting two tasks on the very first leg. Of course there was a ballerina there to greet them.
    Even if Rex hadn't been in it, I think the Royal Winnipeg Ballet is one of the best we have in Canada, so I expected it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, the Ballerina was there long before it became clear that Rex and Bob were eliminated, so that's more of a chance thing, just like there was a horse waiting in the US version before it became clear the cowboys got eliminated.

And yeah, the hockey girls were definitely overconfident. Had they ignored the hockey challenge and settled for the fast forward, they would've likely finished a lot faster.

Overall, I'm glad that the second express pass is now a thing of history.

Sad to see Rex and Bob go, but they did so gracefully and with good humour. I felt badly for them when they thought (after seeing the hockey girls leave) that they must be in 3rd place, never realizing the girls choked with the 5-hole. Good thing you didn't do that during the gold medal match, ladies!

How funny was it seeing the contestants belt out that song, especially Rob? As always, the trick with those challenges is to just go for it and sell it to the crowd. Definitely worked for him and saved their butts this week.

Watching Jinder skate has us rolling. That guy has an uncanny ability to look like he is constantly going to wipe out but then corrects himself and stays upright. Same thing as the surfing challenge.

And they are off to France next week! This season is just so good, I'm loving it (dare I say) even more than the original TAR.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Well that wasn't emotional at all. Very moving.It was a lovely end with one of our vets on the mat. I so glad it was NEL round.

WTG Girls, they are something else...I still love Mickey and Pete
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The hockey girls and the twins keep managing to be at the front of the line, even when not doing super on the test. Both teams seem to have a clear head on their shoulders, and don't waste much time moving their asses to the correct locations, unlike pretty much all the other teams. They're definitely back to dominating the race.

Sukhi and Jinder seem to be shaping up a lot. They're not whining as much, not running around as headless chickens as much, only some of the time, and they seem to be doing quite well on all the tests now. They are actually slowly learning the game, and starting to become less annoying and a tad more interesting to watch overall.

Ryan helping Pete out was a bit of a surprise. Perhaps the two teams are a bit on friendly terms off camera, since they aren't far apart age wise and both have a decent laid back attitude, but I don't think he was actively thinking about it. It was the final two teams there, even with 2 more challenges ahead. (As far as I recall, so far, every leg had 3 challenges.) Seems like he regretted that later on.

Though when I saw the whole memorial business, it was so clear that it was a non-elimination leg. No way would they have risked a team taking their time at the memorial be eliminated because another team would've perhaps taken a bit less time. Not that it seemed to matter now with the huge gap of time between Alain&Audrey and Ryan&Rob. Then Jon told them they were last and asked them what went wrong, without first telling them that they were eliminated, and that only confirmed it. But sheesh, are they bad at navigating those French roads. I haven't watched the "Next week" part, usually skipping that on purpose as I consider it a spoiler, but if they stay in France, I'm guessing they're totally doomed.

That man at the finish line looked very good for his age. Considering the landing of Normandy was over 70 years ago, he must be very close to 90, or, since he said he leaded the charge, into his 90s already. The number of WWII veterans must be dwindling down quickly...

The only thing that confused me a bit (and in no way do I mean any disrespect here, it's actually the opposite), is that everyone emphasized on what they did for Canada, while actually, those brave men gave their lives to free us Europeans. For that, they most certainly earn the greatest respect!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This season is just so good, I'm loving it (dare I say) even more than the original TAR.
    I'm neither American, nor Canadian, so I'm probably less biased, and I still think TAR: Canada is doing an excellent job. I'm definitely enjoying watching this more than the last TAR: USA.
    sweetpea and Hyper like this.

CCL

I think the must have timed and ranked them before going into the memorial, just not showing it. None of them seemed in a rush, even when there were two teams there, and I think otherwise they would be. I think they wanted it to be a quiet moment, not impacted by jostling for position. It was very moving.
    I liked all the tasks though the horse farm owner seemed rather blasť about the state of his horses' braids. good enough. The cavaldos challenge looked well hard.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What a great episode. I was really struck by how sombre each of the teams were when they walked to the pit stop. I'm so pleased they made it a NEL, because having teams rush through the moment to try to not be last would be so wrong. The whole episode was so well done, I was impressed. My Grandfather fought in France in WWII, so it brought it home to me personally.

At this point I don't even care who wins, I pretty much like them all. Right now the only team that bugs me is the twin brothers, and even saying that, the fact that one of them was tearing up at the memorial made me not dislike them too much. They are just hyper competitive, but they aren't (at least yet) out and out nasty to each other or other teams.

And next week...PARIS!! We were there for two weeks last summer. It is absolutely one of the best places in the world. I'm so excited to see what they do there.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

I missed the show tonight because our cable was out. Can someone please tell me who got eliminated?

+ Reply to Thread