+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Interesting to see Hong Kong, I totally did not expect that! (I cut off when they start to preview the next episode.) I did expect them to perhaps hop out of the country, but only stay close by. Then again, North American countries might not be the cheapest to stay in, and I got the feeling that with Air Canada being such a huge sponsor of the series, airline ticket costs aren't really a consideration. It might be cheaper on production to travel to far away but cheaper countries, rather than close by expensive countries.

The hockey girls were on top of things like they are every episode, always near the front of the pack, which made it quite a surprise to me that they used their express pass. I can't remember for sure, but TAR Canada has U-Turns too, right? The girls must realize they have quite a target on their back with 2 leg wins and always being in the first of the pack, so it could've come out quite in handy in the future. Since they were in the front three, there was no sign of being eliminated this week. They would probably have ended up second or third, or maybe come in first regardless. We'll see if this comes around to bite them in the ass.

That cabin lift thing down from the shrine looked so frigging scary with the glass bottom. I would really, really have hated riding that, more so than most of the challenges, including the snake roadblock.

The difference between the two tasks was quite apparent. The better teams that did the Kung Fu (not counting the hockey girls with their express pass) were past the 3rd "challenge" already, while the teams on the groceries were still on the first. And even with Alain and Audrey having lots of issues with the challenge, they still finished before the lesbian couple, who arrived at the task before they did. It could be coincidence, but I do feel that picking the wrong detour played a big factor in their elimination.

Ok, I agree, Rex and Bob can be really funny sometimes. That scene where Rex ran into that guy from Toronto was hilarious! They did grow some backbone this episode, as well as some brains. That blue cab knowledge that got them ahead at the shrine signup post might've saved them from elimination this time (though of course it's hard to tell how large the gap is, but they fell quite behind the other teams despite finishing the Kung Fu challenge decently fast). I still don't think they'll win, but they were more funny than whiny this time around.

The hide and seek game from the brothers didn't bother me as much. Sure, it was a bit juvenile, but I also wondered what the longhairs were thinking. If the brothers knew they had to go direction X, why weren't the brothers themselves going direction X. In the end, it mattered little.

CCL

What was up with Sukhi just going up to other contestants and asking them to give her the answer at the gambling challenge? Even the last team - like they would tell her and risk getting themselves eliminated?
    Yeah, I'm going to have to give up on the québécois couple who jogged to the roadblock when everyone else took cabs.
    Mixed at the hockey players coming in first again. On the one hand, go female power. On the other hand, it gets a bit boring.
    It was a bit of a ho-hum episode overall. A lot of the tasks seemed typical - bungee jumping, dancing - hope more original stuff next week.
    Hyper likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Sukhi and Jinder totally deserved to be eliminated after this leg. They are running around like headless chickens... When they don't understand something at first glance, they go in total panic mode. You could see it when they were walking along that cluebox several times, and later at the gambling tables as well. Did they even try to figure it out for themselves before Alain and Audrey tried? I don't see them survive for long.

Alain and Audrey aren't that levelheaded, either, but at least they're actually trying for themselves... I give them longer than Sukhi and Jinder, but not by much.

And yeah, the four wins in a row is getting a bit dull. I'm quite surprised that, after seeing how worried they were at the dance challenge, they still managed to walk out of there with a major lead on the next team. Now I'm wondering if even Mark and Rovilson had a 4 in a row win. The girls are really dominating the season so far. Though of course only the winner of the last leg really counts. They will have some major targets on their backs at the U-Turns, but that's not going to matter if they're the first team to pass those U-Turns.

Mickey and Pete are still casually sliding through just in front of the rear of the pack. Once the herd's thinned out, I wonder which way they'll swing.

I love Mickey and Pete, they are so laid back. They knew they couldn't work with the hyper ones, Sukhi and Jinder . They get on my nerves, I hope they go next week .I love how Rex and Bob said no helping, that's what I would love to see back in AR US. At least the teams are not making alliances from day one. Looks like there is a row about who the girls give the express pass to, I bet its Sukhi and Jinder How many times was Jinder stood beside the clue box?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That was a fun episode. I could NOT believe the brother/sister team walked right by the clue box multiple times in the store. I mean seriously, I get that you're in a rush and likely flustered, but you can't keep making mistakes like that and expect to stay in this race. They were saved by the NEL but they won't last long unless they really calm themselves down. I laughed at them wanting to work with Mickey and Pete, the two most laid back and chill contestants I think I've ever seen on AR. I love them! Not sure how long they will be around unless they step up the urgency, but they are fun to watch for sure.

I'm enjoying Rex and Bob a lot more, and I'm glad they stuck around. Rex particularly. With Alain and Audrey, I cannot get over how much she reminds me of that Russian designer on Project Runway, was it Elena? Something like that. The high strung one who kept freaking out on people. I do like how supportive he is with her always, but I think they are making stupid mistakes that will really hurt them, like running 45 minutes to the tower. Ridiculous.

The hockey girls using their express pass...I get why they did but I wish they hadn't. The twin brothers saying that unless the girls gave them the 2nd express pass, they would be u-turned for sure. UGH. They worked together briefly to find the clue box and for that you deserve the 2nd pass? I'm cheering for the girls to win it all, but I don't know how they will keep this pace up and yes they will be huge targets regardless of who they give the pass to.

For some reason I really like the bartenders from Vancouver. The guy dressed as a girl for his sketch comedy was just so random and hilarious.

And how cute was that girl judging the dancing contest? Loved her.

This season has been great so far. I'm really hoping the ratings soar through the roof so they will keep making TAR Canada.
    Hyper likes this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

This season has been great so far. I'm really hoping the ratings soar through the roof so they will keep making TAR Canada
    I agree, we are really enjoying this season I still like the mum and son, they know each other so well, and yes the bartenders are also fun( some ugly women in that dance off)
    -Andy Rooney-

Mom and son are probably my least favourite team right now, and I can't really say why. I did, however, admire her for her kick-butt attitude when drinking that snake thing. That was disgusting! She's just a little too intense for me. I keep waiting for her to have an epic meltdown, and that sets me on edge while watching her. Not sure if that makes sense!
    Hyper and spockwhat like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

When he was bungee jumping, she knew he was scared, she knew that face. When they were dancing, he knew his mum was tired and he knew that face

I don't like the French dudes, something about them .Very little personality..
    -Andy Rooney-

Hmm, that was quite unexpected left and right. :o

Giving the express pass to Michel and Pierre... I dunno, but they're one of their fiercest competitors. Why not Rex and Bob or Sukhi and Jinder, where you know they're going to be eliminated regardless soon enough? Though if the brothers keep their word, they did eliminate a potential U-Turn, which I guess is something. Rex and Bob and Sukhi and Jinder aren't anywhere likely to be able to U-Turn anyone in the first place.

How did both Meghan and Nathalie, and Michel and Pierre forget about the name of the 3rd dog? That seemed quite essential. Though in the end it seemed to matter little, as the Roadblock seemed to decide all.

I thought the speed bump was going to be a serious bump. Didn't they say it was 12 and a half miles? Though I'm not sure if it was along the way, in which case, it wasn't too much of a problem.

It was kind of funny to see Sukhi go all like "Wha, this is a gun, I have no idea how to use it, help!!!" and then see her shoot 4 out of 5 targets on her first attempt.

Kinda sorry to see how Nicole and Cormac got eliminated. Makes me wonder if she knows how the crosshairs work exactly. Since she barely hit the plate during her first 6 attempts, and then hit the bottom of the plate a lot during her later attempts makes me think she aligned it incorrectly.

CCL

It was 12.5 km not miles.
    Sukhi and Jinder did not impress when they were going around asking the other teams how to harness the dogs. As one team said, figure it out yourselves like they all had to. She did ace the shooting. I love biathlon. It's so random...ski (in this case, bike) for a while and then shoot targets.
    It would have been better if this week was an NEL. Props to Nicole - she did not give up.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread