Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Top 5....hmmmm...let's make it a final 3:
    Hockey players- Natalie and Meagan
    The Quebecois couple -Alain and Audrey
    The brothers - Michel and Pierre
    Might switch hippies - Mickey and Pete - for the couple or the brothers
    Not sure about Alain and Audrey. They're physically strong and skilled, but they seem to have a hard time focusing. How long were they looking around for those clues? How often did they run to the beach and back?

Let's see, my top 3:
    Michel and Pierre (Wide array of skills, keeping their heads cool)
    Mickey and Pete (They're more of a wild card. No way of knowing where they end up)
    Cormac and Nicole (Hey, both the previous Canadian winners and the most recent US winners were a parent-child team)

I don't have a lot of faith in either gay couple or in the brother-sister team, but I could also see the hockey players, the co-workers or Alain and Audrey claim the prize.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

A little late to the party... just finished catching up.

I don't know about ability, but I am hoping Suhki and Jinder (hope I spelled their names correctly) are in it for a long time! I love them, they are silly but sweet.

Thels, I agree about Alain and Audrey. They are very capable but they race with a sense of panic that is unnecessary at this point of the race. If they calm down a little they could possibly pull a win some leg. Same with Cormac and Nicole. I don't really like Nicole... she is SO intense!

I like Rex and Bob... (Rex especially is pretty funny)... but yeah, they are pathetic racers. My guess is they were choosing to go home by skipping those tasks and they should feel a little shame about it.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

I was away, so just caught up as well. Great first two episodes!

I really love the long-haired dudes, they are just that perfect blend of cute/ridiculous/funny/charming but I worry that their act might grow a little old. Then again, I felt the same about the "meatheads" last season and they ended up being my favourite team by far. I also like the brother and sister, but his attempts at riding the surf board were absolutely cringeworthy and therefore awesomely funny. Glad they finally figured it out and glad his sister was so supportive all the way through the challenge.

I laughed at how easy going the beach chair judge was. He really seemed to be enjoying his job!

Rex and Bob quitting on both challenges and taking the penalty really irked me. Especially since Bob looked to have a really sturdy chair made that he himself sat in...why in the world did he think it wouldn't be good enough?! Did he see some of those other monstrosities that the judge let through!? I don't know, if they keep quitting and arguing/overthinking/fussing about everything, they won't last long.

Sad to see the husband and wife go, I really liked them. Hopefully they will be asked back on a future season. And yes, I believe Nicole is just too intense. She's going to break quickly unless she learns to chill a bit.

I can't believe they are going to Hong Kong. So excited that the show and race is expanding so much. It seems like a great group of contestants this year and a great season ahead.

Edited: I can't believe I forgot to mention the hockey girls! I have such a vivid memory of that game, of them coming from behind in the last minutes to tie it up in the 3rd against their arch-rivals the US. I was at work and we had the game on in the library where I was working, and in several classrooms. There was no teaching going on at that point in the entire school! I was in the office working when I heard a cheer and realized the Canadians scored to make it a one goal game. A few minutes later an even bigger cheer told me that it was now tied with just seconds to go in the 3rd. Cut to OT and the biggest scream of all when they won the gold. I have nothing but respect for those girls and the heart and determination they showed that day, never giving up. I can seem them making it very far in this race if they have the same desire to win.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 07-20-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Rex and Bob quitting on both challenges and taking the penalty really irked me. Especially since Bob looked to have a really sturdy chair made that he himself sat in...why in the world did he think it wouldn't be good enough?!
    That was just so weird. :/ At least have the judge test it? That's why I wonder if they weren't just trying to bow out of the race somehow... very strange.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I wonder if they weren't just trying to bow out of the race somehow... very strange.
    They sure didn't seem to feel any sense of urgency or stress at the idea of a 6 hour penalty, did they? I think you're right about them wanting to quit. On the 2nd leg too. Yikes.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    They sure didn't seem to feel any sense of urgency or stress at the idea of a 6 hour penalty, did they? I think you're right about them wanting to quit. On the 2nd leg too. Yikes.
    I really like Rex( mother of Cher!) but he never struck me as the outdoorsy run for the bus type
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

So the six hour penalty had absolutely no effect on Rex and Bob. Ugh.
    Usually the two detour tasks are about even but this time the Masterchef task seemed to take much longer. I don't know if that was necessarily due to the people performing the task not doing it well as only two teams did that task; maybe it could gave been done faster.
    The snake thing was gross. The "make funny faces at the statue" thing was silly.
    Fine with the elimination.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like all the couples, I really like the mom and son duo. She is a little spitfire and he is always so polite to her. I would have had to do the snake tasting challenge, hubby was nearly choking just watching. Something about the brothers bothers me, I don't know what

Cheering for Micky and Pete. At least Rex and Bob tried this week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Cannot believe the girls used the express pass so early... I think they will wish they had saved it for when they really need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the girls had not used the express pass yet either, and they still have the 2nd one that they haven't given away yet.
    The mother and son team - like the son, the mother bugs me at this point.
    Rex and Bob glad that they stepped it up this leg - Rex does come out with some good one liners.
    The snake thing was hard to watch. Watching him squeeze that thing out like a pimple - UGH!!!

+ Reply to Thread