+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    If you win you'll have to take me on one of your trips.
    No worries... besides.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I never win.LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, there's actually a thread for this. I wondered where my post went.

And yeah, I'm not surprised about the team going home one bit. Spirit seemed all they had going for them from the get go, and in the end, turned out they didn't have too much of that, either. Then again, one of them didn't seem to do well at all, so it might've been the best call for them healthwise.

The episode was a bit packed, but I liked it. Three challenges of totally different types. Also seems there might be a few hops out of Canada this time around.

Episode 2:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Kinda sad that a team had to go home due to an injury, especially since it caused another team that should have totally been eliminated (skipping not one but two challenges!), managed to survive. I really hope they don't get a catch-up mechanism next week and end up being eliminated due to the huge time disadvantage they're on. They're the only team I really don't like watching, constantly bickering, making snarky comments towards the other teams, and having poor to no commitment to any of the challenges...

Made me laugh when this guy asked the taxi driver to head to the place they were supposed to fly to, rather than the airport.

Re: Other TARs?

For those interested in seeing more TAR, you can watch TAR Canada episodes straight from the CTV homepage:

Watch The Amazing Race Canada Online on CTV

There's also a discussion thread on the forums about it:

Amazing Race Canada
    Last edited by Thels; 07-16-2014 at 05:46 AM.

CCL

Ugh, I hated the ending. Rex and Bob (?) skipped two (TWO) challenges and they get to move ahead while the guy who was injured wanted to get his shoulder popped in and go back but wasn't cleared. And there probably will only be a couple flights to Hong Kong so the quitters will catch up.

I kind of wanted the cab driver to drive the one team to Tofino and have them realize halfway there they needed to take a flight. It would have made me just as it made me when the guy at the garage told the siblings they still had enough power to drive 400 km.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-16-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh yeah, that part about the siblings was funny as well. Doesn't it take quite a long time for a car to recharge? They seemed to be thinking it was just a quick in and out like tanking gas...

I really hope Rex and Bob (if that's what they're called, trusting CCL here) get eliminated next episode. They really don't deserve to continue. However, even if they get a catch up, I don't see them getting very far, unless they get extremely lucky.

I wonder which part of the detour was the better choice? At first I thought sharp knives was the obvious choice, as you know there's an end to it, and you can't get stuck like lots of groups did on the fish. But it turned out you had a limit on the amount of fish, so you might've been forced to do sharp eyes in the long run, which makes me think that most teams made the correct choice to go with that and stick with that.

Loving the challenges so far. Looks to be quite promising.

I love Rex, I really do .But calling out lets take a penalty every time you cant do something, smarten up! or go home, Sheesh .I love the guys with the long hair. I am glad they are leaving BC, had enough of Tofino
    We really enjoyed it last night, the tasks seem harder than the US AR.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love the guys with the long hair.
    They seem to fly mostly under the radar so far, always hanging around in the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We really enjoyed it last night, the tasks seem harder than the US AR.
    Yeah, I totally love the tasks, and so far we had 3 every episode, which is nice.

(Though part of me wonders if they're going to focus on the tasks a little more since they can't rely on the scenery as much as US TAR?)

Not enough people here to make a full fledged pool, but perhaps we should post a top five, and see who gets closest, just for fun?

CCL

Rex's partner's name is Bob Hope. Yes, really. Rex is going off on twitter about how it was all editing, the other teams got away with stuff while they adhered to the rules, they should have been first in the leg...while I know there's editing they clearly quit two tasks so...they made themselves look bad.

Top 5....hmmmm...let's make it a final 3:
    Hockey players- Natalie and Meagan
    The Quebecois couple -Alain and Audrey
    The brothers - Michel and Pierre
    Might switch hippies - Mickey and Pete - for the couple or the brothers

I don't have any teams I'm strongly rooting for whereas last year I really liked the brothers and the best friends (male) who made it to the top 4. Early days, though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Rex's partner's name is Bob Hope.
    I know and he is so cute, they both are
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread