+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

Re: Amazing Race Canada

I didn't see the show "After the Race" - did they say how far behind the other teams were. Also I can't believe that girl finished the last challenge, it would have taken her days to finish at her rate...

Thanks.

CCL

I don't think she finished, I think they just let her go as the win was already decided. I'm not familiar with the ferry schedule but apparently it runs every half hour so as soon as the Tims were on it alone they were clear to win.

My sister told me Jon said something about needing to have a job after the next Olympics so I think he'd be up for hosting again. I liked him. I seem to recall Cory saying something on twitter about the next race being run in the Americas.

I'm betting those workers got dibs on the caramilks which is why they wanted people to wear gloves. .
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I'm betting those workers got dibs on the caramilks which is why they wanted people to wear gloves. .
    Ha! All I could think about (like tbamom) was "what a waste! all those perfectly good chocolate bars..." I would have been tempted to take a nibble.

I too, loved Jon M as host. He has a great personality. I also enjoyed that they stayed in Canada - I didn't realize all the beauty that Canada had to offer! It made me want to travel my own country more...

Very pleased that my hometown boys got the win. I confess I was pretty attached to the bro duo - they never failed to make me laugh - but I couldn't be happier for the Tims.

I think my favourite leg was Nunavut - I would love to have the chance to dogsled, go for a sled ride, and do that hike up the mountain. For me, the wilderness and beauty of the north is unmatched. (Also, I really want to visit Newfoundland and get "screeched in". )

I could have sworn I saw the girls eat some of the chocolate.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

They were on Marilyn today. I guess Tim's wife studied AR US, and wrote a list of things they must do on this race, one of them was remember the flags and the flowers! !!! Tim junior now lives in Fredericton.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They weren't my first choice, but I was highly impressed with how well Tim Sr. did on that last challenge. Really, he nailed it completely! Kudos to him and to his son for never giving up. Honestly, I thought after how frustrated they must have been wandering around the zoo for 1.5 hours, they would fall apart at the last challenge. But he knew what he needed to do and he remembered even without his notes.

I wanted the brothers to win, but I am satisfied with the Tims. Jon did a great job as host, and I really enjoyed the challenges, the beauty of the places they visited, and the diversity of our country.

Do we know for sure that they will be filming another season? If so,

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Sweetpea, yes, they confirmed another season! (So, get that audition tape in now! ) hee hee

What did people think of the aftershow? I thought it was a bit strange to have four women "interviewing" and many of the questions were really really bad. Jody and Cory, how did you feel when the Tim's left the final challenge? Derp.

Best part of the aftershow was when the hippies were rambling on about something and Jet or Dave, we could only see the top of their heads visible in the frame... slowly lifted his head so you could see his eyes for a moment. For me, that was the best moment. Otherwise, it was too much Bodybreak.

Why did the interviewers call out Joanne for swearing at Brett? I don't see the big deal?
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I haven't watched the after show, and I'm not sure I will. Generally these things disappoint me, so might be better to leave it as is and be happy with it.

They seem to have set Hal and Joanne up on a pedestal, where they are some kind of example to the rest of the teams and/or Canada. No swearing for Joanne if that is the case! I kind of like her showing a human side. We have all been there before, they are no different.
    spockwhat likes this.

I recorded the after show, and someone in this house deleted it and it wasn't the dogs!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have the after show taped but I haven't watched it yet because the women of "The Social" annoy me. I don't get why the 4 women sitting around a table format is the hot thing.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread