+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Amazing Race Canada

CCL

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Really? It's significantly cheaper to fly to Newfoundland than it is to Europe, at least on Air Canada. Maybe it depends where you start from? I've always wanted to go there but have not yet. I have been to Nova Scotia and I loved seeing Mahone Bay and Lunenberg.

A good leg. I'm glad the brothers got to the uturn before the Tims -I do think the Tims would have uturned them.

It's between Jet and Dave and the brothers for who I want to win. The Tims just bug me a bit and I don't really like the sisters. I don't fault them for not knowing how to drive stick (they're in Canada, land of the automatic, not Europe. Plus it was funny) but I just find them whiny in general. Though them wandering Lunenberg wondering why a dime was important was good for a laugh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Where do you live, CCL? I'm all the way over in BC, and yes it costs a fortune to fly to the east coast! You can get deals to London from Vancouver that can be much cheaper than flying to Nova Scotia. It's frustrating, because I'd love to plan a vacation there with my family. It's so different than the west coast, and very lovely.

I remember learning to drive a standard when I was 16. We had a Volkswagon Rabbit. It was hard, but once you got the hang of it you will never forget. But, I do get how some people may have never experienced it, especially if you grew up in a big city.

Did the Tims know the brothers had already passed by the u-turn point? I was kind of hoping they didn't, and they would waste the u-turn on them anyway.

I wonder how the ratings have been for the show. I would love to see it become a regular thing, but I wonder if Air Canada would be willing to sponsor it over and over again. Perhaps they can find other sponsors?

Also, do you know if it is $250,000 split between the team members who win, or do they each get that amount? The prizes are pretty nice, for a Canadian show!

CCL

I'm in Toronto. I've been to the other Maritime provinces but not Newfoundland. Nova Scotia is lovely, particularly the Lunenberg area and Cape Breton. PEI is totally different but equally lovely. And New Brunswick has the Bay of Fundy -I thought they might go there but it doesn't look like it.
    The Tims saw the brothers driving to the church so they knew they were ahead.
    The prize is 250,000 for the pair I'm pretty sure - that's how it is on original TAR. And they've made a point about both team members getting a car but have never said both would get 250,000.
    Ratings have been good. I don't know if that means a second season will be shot, though I would like it to happen.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like all the teams, the bothers and the Tims have stayed ahead. I love Jet and Dave, although I couldn't stand them for too long, they have made this race hilarious. The girls drive a stick like I did at one time . I loved seeing Halifax, its so pretty.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoyed seeing the Ottawa Airport
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So glad to see the Maritimes featured on last night's show.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    sweetpea likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, phooey. That kind of sucked. Look at me, I suck but because I have boobs I'm in the amazing race final. Bleh.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

why what happened?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

The girls were behind everyone else coming to the last task before the pitstop. The last task was to busk for money. They were all putting in an effort, but the boobs won the money quick by shaking the moneymaker. It was kind of lame.

Even Cory or Jody or whichever one that was injured in combat was telling his story about how he got injured and he couldn't make money as fast as the chick in the tight pink shirt.

Sadly, elimination spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Jet and Dave went home.

Just kind of a pathetic way to make that final is all. Plus, I'm having one of those days.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Stuff like that have happened on the US version too. The pretty girls would get an advantage just because they were pretty.

Dustin and Kandice, for example. Yet all the fans loved them anyway.

+ Reply to Thread