+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Sure it does, it lets you put NAKED in the title!

If they had clothes -- say they each had a tee shirt and a pair of shorts (underwear too? maybe not) -- and something sharp (the usual knife or machete), they could cut off strips (like excess tee shirt hem or around the shorts legs) and have another material for building shelter or making food traps. Oh wait, that doesn't hold up, they could just make it a rule that you can't use your clothing for building material.

But, being naked certainly would increase your feelings of vulnerability, whether you have modesty issues or not. You FEEL less protected. So maybe that's the point.
    In all of the episodes all of the participants had no problem building shelters and food traps out of the materials lying around. It was starting fires and having a utensil to boil water that was the problem.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Discovery just aired a 2 hour Naked and Afraid special on December 4, 2013. It also aired earlier today and later at 1am to 3am.
    momrek06 likes this.

I just watched it. It was excellent - this episode was in Panama and featured 2 couples that met up. Could be the best episode so far, mainly because of the personalities involved. I don't want to spoil it for those of you who still haven't watched it. I think they should always have 4 people. Loved Manu. This was the first time as far as I can remember that a female has been the personality problem (Cassie). Enjoy the drama.

PS - I still think they should get some kind of monetary prize for finishing!
    momrek06 and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I just watched it. It was excellent - this episode was in Panama and featured 2 couples that met up. Could be the best episode so far, mainly because of the personalities involved. I don't want to spoil it for those of you who still haven't watched it. I think they should always have 4 people. Loved Manu. This was the first time as far as I can remember that a female has been the personality problem (Cassie). Enjoy the drama.

PS - I still think they should get some kind of monetary prize for finishing!
    I have not watched yet but I have it all recorded. This weekend for sure.

Thanks for your review.
    Cornholio likes this.
    KAREN

Cassie ... what was that girls problem?
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Cassie ... what was that girls problem?
    Could she be the worst contestant so far? Let's see she was lazy, ignorant, nasty, rude, snappish, know-it-all, zero people skills, felt entitled, had no ability to work as a team, a leech... what else? I know I'm forgetting dozens of her problems, LOL. Kudos to Manu for setting her straight.

Funniest image ever: a side-by-side comparison of Cassie's 2-day fish trap basket (a random pile of sticks) compared to Manu's 1 hour fish trap basket (beautiful and tightly woven). I would have bought Manu's basket at a market and proudly displayed it in my home!

The interesting thing was how having 4 people together made Cassie's bad attitude stand out like a sore thumb. When there are only 2 people, it's sometimes hard to tell if they just rub each other the wrong way or if one if them is truly awful. In the beginning, Cassie was getting mad about Forest's lectures on what plants were edible. Cassie was annoyed and acted as though Forest was wasting time and insulting her since she already knew everything about survival. When the teams joined up it was crystal clear that she did not know anything and wasn't there to learn anything either.
    holly71, Bearcata and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Could she be the worst contestant so far? Let's see she was lazy, ignorant, nasty, rude, snappish, know-it-all, zero people skills, felt entitled, had no ability to work as a team, a leech... what else? I know I'm forgetting dozens of her problems, LOL. Kudos to Manu for setting her straight.
    I think you covered it all there. That girl had no business being on this show, she was totally incompetent. Manu put her to shame.
    holly71 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Her attitude - "I'm not hungry, so you can go look for food for yourself" was laughable. Her partner was out scarfing down oysters, and she was apparently just sitting there waiting to get so weak from hunger that she couldn't have looked for food for herself if she wanted to. She was definitely NOT cut out for this show.
    Cornholio likes this.

FORT Newbie

Watched the episode with Alison and it seemed to be quite a mashup, especially with clothing (or lack of). In one frame, she is wearing a grass skirt, the next frame just the blue cover up she found floating, but bottomless, the next frame totally nude, cutting coconuts. I guess that happens when you condense 504 hours into about 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Her attitude - "I'm not hungry, so you can go look for food for yourself" was laughable. Her partner was out scarfing down oysters, and she was apparently just sitting there waiting to get so weak from hunger that she couldn't have looked for food for herself if she wanted to. She was definitely NOT cut out for this show.
    What really kills me is that she held on to her attitude for 20 of the 21 days.

When Cassie came down to help built the raft and it was already done, her excuse was so pitiful "waiting for it to stop raining" was laughable but really also really sad especially if it had been a real survival situation. The true victim in this is that poor anteater which was killed for nothing. Hopefully the All Powerful Anteater God will punish Cassie by making her an ant in her future life and hopefully she will be eaten over and over again.

mmmm the more I think about it I hope PETA gets up in arms about Cassie and protests her for needless killing of rain forest creatures.
    Cornholio likes this.

+ Reply to Thread