+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Well, when the other teams were on islands they found lots of garbage on shore. Lots and lots of plastic bottles.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Besides finding the pot, I was a bit curious how they found the new piece of dry land to rebuild their camp after the rain washed out the first one. Somehow I think production had a hand in that as well but over all I was ok with it because they never would have lasted otherwise and I found their episode interesting. I never would have survived a minute!
    Cornholio likes this.

Naked and Afraid Bares All Special.

Shane is still angry with his partner from episode 1.

They are casting for season 2.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did you watch the special last night?

They did address whether there was any hanky-panky and almost all of them said no. The only ones that did not say no outright were Puma and Julie. Hhmmm!

It was a good recap of the season, with lots of extra clips we haven't seen before. Ie., the guy in Africa pulling a thorn out of the girl's butt. Angry Shane was able to get the info out that he had broken 3 toes, which was never mentioned on his episode. His rant about the "baby snake" comment was funny. I don't know if he gave his angry rant against women on the show, I don't remember it, but it reinforced my opinion that his partner was a saint for putting up with him.

The funniest clip ever was the guy in the swamp talking on about how down he is and it seems like a producer is asking him where his head is at. The camera pulls away and he gets up and starts cleaning his behind so it appears he was going #2 during the conversation. Then as he is cleaning himself he says "I gotta go make dinner." I can't say why but this just cracked me up. Infantile sense of humor I guess.

Overall, watching this show makes the people on "Get Out Alive" look like a bunch of pansies on a Bear Grylls gear infomercial.

OMG I just watched for the first time-- the episode in the bayou. Those two people are either the bravest people on the planet or the craziest. They come upon a nest -- or whatever-- - of cottonmouth snakes and stay in the swamp after that, after wading through water where crocodiles are swimming--and who knows what else?

I couldn't even watch the whole thing--

I just watched Ky and Billy.

I really liked this one but geez, who knew the Louisana Bayou/swamp or wherever they were was so SCARY. Yikes.

I cannot believe how much weight all these people are losing after their 21 day treks. They are losing allot of weight in a very short time.

Billy was like 46 pounds and Ky was 20 pounds. Wow. AND they were not even heavy to begin with.
    Cornholio likes this.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    The funniest clip ever was the guy in the swamp talking on about how down he is and it seems like a producer is asking him where his head is at. The camera pulls away and he gets up and starts cleaning his behind so it appears he was going #2 during the conversation. Then as he is cleaning himself he says "I gotta go make dinner." I can't say why but this just cracked me up. Infantile sense of humor I guess.
    The bayou episode was my favorite. I think Billy said, "I've got mud all over my butt" as he was cleaning himself. I can't imagine anyone on the production team going over where someone is relieving themselves and thinking, "This would be a GREAT time for an interview."

But that's just me. LOL.
    Cornholio likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'd be interested in watching this... I like all things survival, but I can't get past the naked part. That's not me being prudish, I'm not, it's just I can't follow why two people would be in the wild, naked. It's illogical. The only scenario I can think of is you are skinny dipping and get caught in a current.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Any the funny thing is, the show should be called just "Alone and Afraid" and it would be just as interesting. I don't think the naked element adds anything to the drama.
    Kiz likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Sure it does, it lets you put NAKED in the title!

If they had clothes -- say they each had a tee shirt and a pair of shorts (underwear too? maybe not) -- and something sharp (the usual knife or machete), they could cut off strips (like excess tee shirt hem or around the shorts legs) and have another material for building shelter or making food traps. Oh wait, that doesn't hold up, they could just make it a rule that you can't use your clothing for building material.

But, being naked certainly would increase your feelings of vulnerability, whether you have modesty issues or not. You FEEL less protected. So maybe that's the point.
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread