+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051
Like Tree434Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

I can't believe they both quit with less than three days to go. Her feet were beyond awful, but...damn. Three days!
    NoReally likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I was kind of surprised the Navy Seal didn't lose a few tenths of a point on his PSR score at the end, rather than going up. I'm glad they at least matched the dive master to his, even if it seems a bit arbitrary. I know we only see a very small part of their 21 days, and it can be edited to a storyline, but it didn't seem the man offered much more than the knowledge that the water was drinkable and paddling strength. I can't believe they didn't try her bifocal lens until around day 10 or so to start the fire. Even the folks on Survivor know to use glasses for fire starting. If the man had had a more volatile partner, I think they would have come to blows early on. He was one wet blanket.
    Man, what a loser he was! I can't imagine him in a combat situation where you have to think of OTHER people besides yourself! I think she deserved a way higher score for her effort, and I agree with you that he should have been knocked down for his crappy attitude in the beginning.
    Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I can't believe they both quit with less than three days to go. Her feet were beyond awful, but...damn. Three days!
    I know... I agree. At the same time, I don't blame them. I was NOT impressed with him at all--especially claiming that he knew so much about survival! A fire was really essential in that atmosphere. He was absolutely no help at all, esp. sitting there saying "it's never going to happen" AND, if he knew so much about shelter building, why did the thing leak?

I really don't agree with the producers putting these people in cold environments. I mean, they're naked, and they're very limited on the things they can do about that! It's one thing to have to deal with finding shelter and food and water, but if it's constantly cold and wet, they seem to be setting them up for failure. JMHO.

Kiz

I thought it was a very disappointing show. The team was woefully under prepared for such a harsh environment, and I also agree that the climate there was next to impossible for a team to succeed. Between the nearly constant rain and 50 degree nightly temps, it was too harsh to even be enjoyable to watch. I would be interested to know if a top notch survivalist duo could have found a way to keep a fire going and find an ongoing protein source. At least the last few teams have pretty much got along, which is a big plus.
    NoReally likes this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

Kiz

The last several locations have been ridiculous. Naked survivalists, regardless of their skills, are going to get hypothermia in low 50 degree temps and rain unless the can find or make protection from the environment. Maybe experts could fashion a better shelter, clothing and master wet wood fires in the rain, but that hasn't been the case.

They've cast some very likable teams, but their skills have been lacking for the most part. The producers have had to step in and give them space blankets and a fire starter, but that still wasn't enough for the teams to make it to the end, and this is with them starting out with three personal items rather than two. The last few shows have been brutal.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

+ Reply to Thread