+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched my first episode and kind of enjoyed it. It's true that they need more tools. Not having any clothes it rather ridiculous, IMO. With clothes they would have a better chance as they could use their clothing for various task and avoid some bug bites.

Why was there so little food in that area? No fish, no fruit, ??? Why?

I missed the very first part. I thought they at least would get a big pile of money if they made it to point B as shown on that map. I think that $50,000.-$100,000. would be fair.

I did too, Debb.

It was the episode where the girl was from New Hampshire. I think the dude lost 40 lbs and the girl lost 17 lbs.

I kinda liked it.

I would worry about like they said the lack of protein in your diet. Eating FISH is the best source for them.

How do they keep "regular" if you know what I mean . are they eating allot of leafs etc. I worry about stuff like that.

But all in all DH and I will watch again.
    KAREN

I must have recorded a rerun, because the one I saw was about Puma and Julie. They were pretty likeable. I cringed when the guy drank the water from the stream though. It's a big risk and he paid hard.

I wondered why the first few days before they got a fire, they didn't use some large leaves to collect dew for drinking. You could also put something over the pot to cause condensation for a little drinking water. It would have helped a little until they got their fire going. I did ff some, so maybe I missed it.

Tomorrow's episode number 6 is supposed to be the season finale. It's will be in the Bayou.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Discover is running a marathon airing of all the Naked and Afraid episodes leading up tonight's season finale.

I missed it. Maybe it's On Demand. Has anyone won before?

Yes! Puma and Julie were the only ones that failed to complete the 21 day challenge!

Last night's episode in the swamp of Louisiana was terrifying. I am so afraid of alligators and water moccasins - I live very close to the swamp in FL. This is no joke. I really applaud these two for toughing it out all the way to the end. I would have tapped out within the first 5 hours. Actually I wouldn't go at all if I knew it was in the swamp.

This is really the first guy who wasn't macho and putting the female down. Very nice guy and the Australian girl (stuntwoman from LA) was very cool too. I thought these two might actually develop a love connection - or have I been watching too much Bachelorette? Not much of a fantasy date, more of a nightmare date.

Did anyone else this it was a little too convenient that she found a cooking pot? I keep thinking that they really need 3 items: pot, knife and fire starter. For this episode they had all 3. I think production planted that pot!

Also: why didn't they elevate the shelters? They needed to get off the ground!

Billy has some wicked survival skills but thankfully he was partnered with Ky who had wicked mental powers.

Discovery is airing a Naked and Afraid Bares All Special this Saturday at 10pm.

Does anyone else see the "uncensored" version of this show? What is it exactly that is uncensored? These versions appear absolutely identical to the normal version to me? Help!

Thanks for letting us know about the special Bearcata, I just set it up to record.

Best line in the episode was Billy complaining about the cold water reaching his delicate bits and then listening to Ky reply that ladies have delicate bits too and they don't like the cold water either.

The thing about the pot magically appearing has been discussed on other boards. I thought it was planted by the crew too but someone said there is all kinds of garbage that gets washed into swamps, so I guess that makes sense.
    I found these episodes interesting. I hope the couples got paid something, they never said, but they sure went thru hell!

+ Reply to Thread