+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Saw the second episode last night too - at least they showed the guy getting medical treatment for his foot!

There was another version of the first episode on last night - it was called "Uncensored" so I thought it had to be nude with no blurring or it had to show more of what actually happened with the food and medical assistance the girl received on episode one. It didn't seem to be any different from the first episode that aired last week though. Did anyone notice any difference?

We were shouting at the TV for them to make shoes from bark from day one.... they finally did it I think on day 7! I totally agree, so far none of these people are thriving, they are only barely surviving.

They should call this show "Extreme Weightloss: Nature's Fat Farm!" Head into nature with no clothes, food or shoes and you are guaranteed to lose 30 pounds in 21 days or your money back.
    pikachu and jenniferboston1 like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    They should call this show "Extreme Weightloss: Nature's Fat Farm!" Head into nature with no clothes, food or shoes and you are guaranteed to lose 30 pounds in 21 days or your money back.
    Too funny! I have been envious of them for their weight loss since I'm dieting myself. However, I don't think going on their diet plan would work for me. I could be in the middle of a desert with only sand to eat and I'd find something fattening to gorge on. I guess my ancestors survived up to this point because we're gluttons!
    Cornholio and AZChristian like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I think the second episode went way better then the first as far as the producers manning up and we see them providing medical help when it was needed. I think that just shows how harsh the environment is and that simply walking can be an incredibly hard task to accomplish and how it can possibly threaten your life. Interesting to note that the males in both episode 1 and 2 both had this incredible need to be the hunter and provider and while both claimed to be this alpha males and ruled by logic and not emotional they both yelled a lot and both didn't have a high opinion of females taking care of themselves.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So far it's been an older man and a younger woman. I know the first guy wasn't "attached" to anyone, but the second guy was. Umm......I would not let my husband run around Africa, naked, with anyone..never mind another woman. Call me crazy, but no effing way! I'd get a divorce first.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    So far it's been an older man and a younger woman. I know the first guy wasn't "attached" to anyone, but the second guy was. Umm......I would not let my husband run around Africa, naked, with anyone..never mind another woman. Call me crazy, but no effing way! I'd get a divorce first.
    Did you really think anything was going to happen? Their first priority was survival. Fire, Shelter, Food was a priority not sex. Besides covered in mud and muck neither party looked all that attractive.
    candor and jenniferboston1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did you really think anything was going to happen? Their first priority was survival. Fire, Shelter, Food was a priority not sex. Besides covered in mud and muck neither party looked all that attractive.
    Well, they don't have any TV to watch...

Nooooo! LOL I didn't even think sex. I just thought I wouldn't want my husband looking at another girls boobs for three weeks straight...even if they're covered with bug bites and mud.

Crazy jealous girl...yes, that's me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    redsox girl and Cornholio like this.

Just finished episode 3; once again the guy looks like a whiner and the woman has the mental fortitude and the survival skills necessary to save the day. In all fairness that was a wicked sunburn the guy had! But when he complained about her collecting coconuts and making hats and shade from palm fronds, saying something along the lines of how she was just playing.... oooo! That got my goat!

At least this one finally admitted that she was strong and knew more than he did about survival.

Funny how this seemed like the most idyllic spot, a deserted island, yet it really was a terrible place to survive for 21 days.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

What kills me is that the guy is being very short and abrupt with the female and yet when she calls him on it its her having the problem, its her having the attitude. I noticed that in all three episodes that is exactly how the males all acted with the females. So this series might end up being a great insight into the male mind.
    Kip, Cornholio and jenniferboston1 like this.

Won't be able to catch up with epi 3 for a couple days, but can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread