Lisa – 32 yr - dietitian, obstacle racer, tomboy – from San Luis Obispo, CA
    Tool - pot
    Height - 5' 6"
    Weight - 140 lbs
    PSR - 6.1
    Weight after 21 days - 128 lbs - lost 12 lbs
    PSR after 21 days – 4.9
    Did tap out after 13 days

Chris - 38 yr - commercial fisherman – grew up hunting and fishing – from Cape May, NJ
    Tool – multi -purpose knife
    Height - 6' 0"
    Weight - 205 lbs
    PSR – 7.1
    Weight after 21 days - 184 lbs - lost 21 lbs
    PSR after 21 days - 7.9
    Chris is kinda rough, he does come across as having no empathy at all for Corinne. He doesn’t listen at all to any of her suggestions and totally overrides her. He is terrible at communicating with her. Corinne told him several times she didn’t want to talk to him and he kept asking if she wanted to talk. Big Duh! This is the longest any team has had starting a fire (in dry conditions) 13 days. Even after she left , Chris continued to bad mouth Corinne up to the moment he stepped on to the boat sent to get him off the island. For someone who constantly says he is a team player the way he interacted with Corinne indicated a person who would do as he was told and then would tell everyone in a 100 mile radius that the person giving the orders was an idiot. He breaks down the team instead of building the team. Still I was touched at how emotional he was when he embraced his parents after the trip. Did having such a bad team affect both Chris and Corinne and I wonder if the producers have thought about bringing back teams who had a horrible teammate experience and giving them another partner? Would it make a difference? Or having already had the 21 day survival experience would that change how one person treats the other?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

The show is called NAKED AND AFRAID, why does someone always complain? It's windy, it's cold, it's hot, it's buggy. UH YEAH? That's the whole point.

I may be the minority with respects to this weeks epi, but I thought Corinne was whiny and passive-aggressive with Chris. JMHO.
    I liked Chris. He wasn't the perfect team mate, but he had a much more realistic take on what to do and what to expect. Though I had to laugh about him asking Corinne multiple times if she wanted to talk. What man does that? LOL
    Kip, spockwhat and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    The show is called NAKED AND AFRAID, why does someone always complain? It's windy, it's cold, it's hot, it's buggy. UH YEAH? That's the whole point.

I may be the minority with respects to this weeks epi, but I thought Corinne was whiny and passive-aggressive with Chris. JMHO.
    I liked Chris. He wasn't the perfect team mate, but he had a much more realistic take on what to do and what to expect. Though I had to laugh about him asking Corinne multiple times if she wanted to talk. What man does that? LOL
    I think Corinne was NOT prepared at all. She was whiny.

While I applaud Chris for hanging in there and finally making a fire and getting through the 21 days BUT whenever he said to the camera or Corinne "that's how we do it in New Jersey" ... why add that ALL the time!?!?!?
    It was annoying.
    Kip and jenniferboston1 like this.
    KAREN

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post

I agree.

I also agree with momrek06 that Chris was annoying.

Corinne was definitely passive-aggressive.

I thought Chris's asking Corrine if she wanted to talk was normal. If someone told me they didn't want to talk, I'd think they meant they didn't want to talk right then, and an hour or two later I might ask them if they wanted to talk. Corrine should have spelled out for Chris what her issues were with him, so he'd at least have a chance to change how he was dealing with her.
    momrek06 and jenniferboston1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I agree.

I also agree with momrek06 that Chris was annoying.

Corinne was definitely passive-aggressive.

I thought Chris's asking Corrine if she wanted to talk was normal. If someone told me they didn't want to talk, I'd think they meant they didn't want to talk right then, and an hour or two later I might ask them if they wanted to talk. Corrine should have spelled out for Chris what her issues were with him, so he'd at least have a chance to change how he was dealing with her.
    I too didn't think it was a problem or issue the first time Chris asked Corinne if she wanted to talk. I had a problem when she distinctly told him NO she didn't want to talk and he kept asking her. All that showed was Chris didn't listen to what Corinne was saying or if he did comprehend what she said he ignored it. Not Mr. Sensitivity.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

There will be no episode of Naked and Afraid aired tonight as it is SHARK WEEK on the Discovery Channel. So if you want to check out the sharks ENJOY!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I too didn't think it was a problem or issue the first time Chris asked Corinne if she wanted to talk. I had a problem when she distinctly told him NO she didn't want to talk and he kept asking her. All that showed was Chris didn't listen to what Corinne was saying or if he did comprehend what she said he ignored it. Not Mr. Sensitivity.
    Definitely not Mr. Sensitivity. I very well might have missed some of the nuances of the interaction as I was doing other stuff as I was watching. But it wasn't clear to me -- at least one of the times -- that when he asked her if she wanted to talk, that he wanted to talk about her feelings. I thought he wanted to talk about fire building and other survival issues.

Kip

Episode 5 - Argentina Impossible - 7/27/14
    [snipped]...
    I did like that the experts lowered Tom's PSR due to his lack of teamwork and subborness. I also like that he was not an arrogant, snob and totally dismiss his partner although it sounded as if he might. Liked that he didn't dump his issues on his partner. Liked his turnaround as far as appreciating his partner and learning teamwork.

Interesting to note that lack of water was not their main problem but hypothermia and even with a fire it was hard to keep warm.
    Just watched this one. OMG - I wouldn't have lasted on this one - I hate being cold. I can't imagine being naked when it was cold for that long. Did they not share body heat or did I just miss that?

I too was glad to see Tom's attitude change. It doesn't seem too smart to start off by alienating your partner.

I've wondered why no one on these shows has heated rocks and buried them under their sleeping area. Maybe it's too much effort.

I thought it was smart of Lisa to practice surviving in cold weather by wearing shorts and a tank top and keeping her house at 55 degrees. I can see getting used to dealing with feeling cold, but I wonder if one's body actually can acclimatize to lower tempertures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Just watched this one. OMG - I wouldn't have lasted on this one - I hate being cold. I can't imagine being naked when it was cold for that long. Did they not share body heat or did I just miss that?

I too was glad to see Tom's attitude change. It doesn't seem too smart to start off by alienating your partner.

I've wondered why no one on these shows has heated rocks and buried them under their sleeping area. Maybe it's too much effort.

I thought it was smart of Lisa to practice surviving in cold weather by wearing shorts and a tank top and keeping her house at 55 degrees. I can see getting used to dealing with feeling cold, but I wonder if one's body actually can acclimatize to lower tempertures.
    Those of us who live in 4 seasons do it all the time. After last winter when it hit 40-50 people were out walking in shorts and laying out and getting sunburn.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

LOL, you're right about that one! After a freezing cold winter, 55 can feel like Spring. I still would NEVER be on this show. I am a wimp, hate bugs, and would not want to be 'Naked & Afraid'.

Those of us who live in 4 seasons do it all the time. After last winter when it hit 40-50 people were out walking in shorts and laying out and getting sunburn.

+ Reply to Thread