+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Hah! I thought "diluted" must be some new slang I didn't know, but after reading your "delusional", I realized she must have been saying "deluded."
    She MEANT "deluded" . . . but she said (more than once), "He is DIIIIII-looted."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    One thing I've noticed in this show is that the contestants never find any debris/garbage that they can use, whereas on shows like Survivorman, Dual Survivor, Bear Grylls, they almost always find things like an empty bottle, an old shoe, a styrofoam container, etc. That always seemed reasonable to me as you always read that humans have spread their trash nearly everywhere. So now I'm wondering if that trash was "planted" on those shows, or if on N&A, they scour the area and remove any trash.
    That's not true. I remember a few episodes where they've found useful trash. Didn't one girl find a pan/pot to cook in? I remember the couple using it to boil their water and remarking on their incredible luck to have found it.
    Kip likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Carrie . . . unbelievable. You walk off and leave the other person, and take the map to the extraction point with you? And then YOU complain about HIS teamwork? If anyone on this episode was "diluted" (Carrie's quote), it wasn't Tom.
    I noticed that too. Nothing funnier than a bitchy know-it-all getting exposed as an idiot.
    AJane and AZChristian like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I am all caught up now as I was behind in my viewing.

Random question, do you think all their anger or moodiness that some of the different contestants are showing comes strictly from their LACK OF FOOD?

They are all basically starving. And I think when you do not FEED your body the proper nutrients it wrecks havoc with your body and your MIND.

I am wondering if these contestants are now watching the show and are disgusted with themselves and their behavior. Hmmmmm

Combined with the conditions, the cold the heat, the bugs, the terrain.

I COULD NEVER IN ONE MILLION YEARS DO SOMETHING LIKE 'NAKED AND AFRAID' EVER.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I am all caught up now as I was behind in my viewing.

Random question, do you think all their anger or moodiness that some of the different contestants are showing comes strictly from their LACK OF FOOD?

They are all basically starving. And I think when you do not FEED your body the proper nutrients it wrecks havoc with your body and your MIND.

I am wondering if these contestants are now watching the show and are disgusted with themselves and their behavior. Hmmmmm

Combined with the conditions, the cold the heat, the bugs, the terrain.

I COULD NEVER IN ONE MILLION YEARS DO SOMETHING LIKE 'NAKED AND AFRAID' EVER.
    When they had the after show last season and in the confessionals many of the participants mention the lack of food, the cold, the lack of sleep and the bug bites all add to the "wanting to scream and just be irritable feeling" that is why when you see a couple get along and not fight or irritate each other it is so remarkable.
    Kip and momrek06 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Breast Cancer Awareness! Passepartout's Avatar

Really you have to be either really brave or really stupid or a little bit of both to go on that show. People that do that, you have to really respect. It is gutsy to do that.
    Breast Cancer Awareness!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I would much rather watch an episode like this week than last week's. I enjoy watching two people work together to battle the elements and survive rather than watch them battle each other. I really liked these two.
    NCLurker, Kip and Kiz like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Also: wasn't the tattoo of Tom's wife hideous? Looked like a Halloween creature with those creepy eyes!
    Actually, I thought the tattoo looked quite a bit like Carrie!

I couldn't stand Carrie while watching that episode. She was in MAJOR bitch mode. She definitely could have had less of a chip on her shoulder and tried to help Tom instead of blasting him. Even talking didn't seem to help because neither one of them was good at communicating what was really on their minds and workiing together to find a solution to their problems.

If it was me, I wouldn't have moved camp closer to where the clams were so they could get to food more easily while keeping their fire going.

And the whole fight on the last day over spilled water was just stupid. They had both already had one drink of water. When the water they were boiling to take with them accidentally spilled, they should have cut their losses and gone without it. They were leaving anyway so they could hydrate when they got to the extraction point.

Her leaving him without the map was inexcusable. Perhaps in the future the production staff will give each of them a map to prevent such a thing happening again. No matter how much you dislike someone, you don't leave them stranded in the jungle without a map to get out! I can imagine how livid she would have been with him if he had done the same thing to her.

I do think Tom would have done better with a different partner. As for Carrie, I think she would have bitched out on any partner. She just thinks she's better than everyone and her poo doesn't stink.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I liked last night's episode so much! I thought for sure they were going to "hook up" because they kept talking the romance aspect.
    Wake up and be awesome

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    I liked last night's episode so much! I thought for sure they were going to "hook up" because they kept talking the romance aspect.
    I would have been really disappointed! I liked the fact that he was a faithful boyfriend, but, unlike Tom last week, knew the difference between huddling together to keep warm and intimate contact.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread