+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Season 3 Episode 1 - Primal Fear - location Namibia - sub Saharan desert - June 29, 2014

Dangers from Black Mambas, an very aggressive venomous snake, big cats and baboons.

Lindsey - 30 yr old endurance athlete from California - home schools her two boys
    Tool - pot
    Height - 5' 7"
    Weight - 134 lbs
    PSR - 6.7
    Weight after 21 days - 119 lbs - lost 15 lbs
    PSR after 21 days - 7.1

Luke - 27 yr old wilderness field instructor from Utah
    Tool - tomahawk
    Height - 6' 0"
    Weight - 185 lbs
    PSR - 8.1
    Weight after 21 days - 160 lbs - lost 25 lbs
    PSR after 21 days - 8.3

I liked this couple, I liked that Luke didn't automatically yell at Lindsey especially since her skill set was not as high as his. Luke didn't pout and then lay blame on his partner. while he was frustrated he did not turn that frustration on his partner.

Wow, Lindsey didn't pile venom, spite, blame or attitude on Luke, she was wonderful.

Note: PSR - primitive survival rating
    Cornholio likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Season 3 Episode 2 - Blood in the Water - Andros Island, Bahamas, West Indies - scrub pine forest and rocks - July 6, 2014

Dangers: poisonous snakes, boas, wild boar, reef and black tip sharks and male partners ego.

Dani and Justin; aaahhhh not a loving couple. Big blow to that southern boys ego.

S3 E2 continued

Dani - 27 yr old from California
    Tool - big machete
    Height - 5' 8"
    Weight - 140 lbs
    PSR - 7.4
    Weight after 21 days - 125 lbs - lost 15 lbs
    PSR after 21 days - 8.1

Justin - 29 yr old firefighter paramedic from Florida aid hunter can't wait to kill things
    Tool - firestarter
    Height - 6' 0"
    Weight - 190 lbs
    PSR - 7.6
    Weight after 21 days - 167 lbs - lost 28 lbs
    PSR after 21 days - 7.8

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I realize the men seem to weigh more to begin with, but I still wonder why the men always seem to lose more weight than the women. Are the women hiding Snicker bars somewhere????

What touched me was Dani's story about the home invasion that happened when she lived in Tanzania. Her roommate confronted the invaders and was killed. She hid and survived and to handle the aftermath it was suggested that she do wilderness therapy and that is what led her to the show.

Luv it that the women seem to always gravitate to making clothing, in this case shoes. Amazing folks are finally making shoes. Luv'ed that she was able to keep it under control and ask Justin the tough questions and I was very surprised that Justin didn't blow up at her during that heart to heart. I have to give Dani tons of credit for putting up with pouty Justin. He really needed to park his ego and it is unfortunate that is took almost 15 days before he got over not being the provider.

I must note that the garbage all over the beach was shocking, I do hope seeing this and hearing the narrator's comments will help change how we dump our garbage in the ocean.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-07-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    candor and wannasee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I realize the men seem to weigh more to begin with, but I still wonder why the men always seem to lose more weight than the women. Are the women hiding Snicker bars somewhere????
    Men have more muscle and therefore higher metabolism and they need more calories to sustain that. It's just biology.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

Luv'ed that Dani caught the land crab and fish and it was a big fish. Good for her.

I just wanted to smack Justin in the head with all his negative comments. Like women have to die because he can't hunt and we all have to wait for him to provide. Well, he obviously can't hunt without a gun.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Justin is the worst kind of chauvinist. One who can only talk the talk. So, I have officially revoked Justin's 'Man Card'. I would give it to Dani, but she cried at the trash on the beach.
    wannasee likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Justin is the worst kind of chauvinist. One who can only talk the talk. So, I have officially revoked Justin's 'Man Card'. I would give it to Dani, but she cried at the trash on the beach.
    I would be very curious to see how his friends, female family members and co-workers reacted to how he behaved towards Dani. I honestly feel a "real man" would have sucked it up and not pouted like a 3 yr old. It was his derogatory remarks to Dani about how not impressive and not a big deal about her catching a crab and a fish that I found particularly offensive. You know if he had caught the crab and fish the entire island would not have been large enough to hold his ego.

I would luv to see a guy actually be able to make shoes and clothing and do some weaving after all clothes are an important tool in one's survival skill set.

Can Justin even cook what he kills as according to him it's a females responsibility to cook. Does he eat his deer and turkey raw?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    pikachu likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

As they were hiking to their first destination I was looking at everything they were passing, and wondering how I could make some sandals. I've done that on the last three episodes.

Make no mistake, Justin is not a 'Real Man'. That's why I revoked his card.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread