+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

Sabrina made my blood boil. She did absolutely NOTHING around camp and then griped about Vince even when he was actively trying to hunt. Unlike her, he did at least provide some food for them and and he did most of the physical labor around camp.

I didn't see Vince as being arrogant. I could feel his frustration at dealing with Sabrina and I didn't blame him.

I thought it was extremely unfair that Vince's survival rating came down because he had to tap out from illness. He clearly showed that he would be able to provide for himself in the wild. Sabrina, on the other hand, should have had her rating come down. If Vince hadn't been there, I'm pretty sure she would have tapped out much sooner.

I didn't think it was fair of her to gripe about him taking a nap while he was out. The man cannot work 24/7 and it's probably easier to sleep during the day when the insects aren't so thick and it's not so cold. It's probably too hot to work in the hottest part of the day anyway. If all he was doing was sleeping, I could see her reason for complaining but as long as he was doing his fair share of the work, who cares if he takes a little down time now and then???

I wouldn't mind seeing him compete again with another partner but I wouldn't want to see her back on the show.

I agree that Bob from the After show has to go. His segments are always just awkward and unentertaining. I also don't get having the contestants do stupid stunts, like eating insects in the After show. I'd rather just have them talk to them about stuff we didn't see on camera and what they learned from the experience.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
    captain, Uncle David and Kiz like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Sabrina made my blood boil. She did absolutely NOTHING around camp and then griped about Vince even when he was actively trying to hunt. Unlike her, he did at least provide some food for them and and he did most of the physical labor around camp.

I didn't see Vince as being arrogant. I could feel his frustration at dealing with Sabrina and I didn't blame him.

I thought it was extremely unfair that Vince's survival rating came down because he had to tap out from illness. He clearly showed that he would be able to provide for himself in the wild. Sabrina, on the other hand, should have had her rating come down. If Vince hadn't been there, I'm pretty sure she would have tapped out much sooner.

I didn't think it was fair of her to gripe about him taking a nap while he was out. The man cannot work 24/7 and it's probably easier to sleep during the day when the insects aren't so thick and it's not so cold. It's probably too hot to work in the hottest part of the day anyway. If all he was doing was sleeping, I could see her reason for complaining but as long as he was doing his fair share of the work, who cares if he takes a little down time now and then???

I wouldn't mind seeing him compete again with another partner but I wouldn't want to see her back on the show.

I agree that Bob from the After show has to go. His segments are always just awkward and unentertaining. I also don't get having the contestants do stupid stunts, like eating insects in the After show. I'd rather just have them talk to them about stuff we didn't see on camera and what they learned from the experience.

The Bares All episode shows that when Vince went out to hunt he frequently went out to sleep. He didn't like Sabrina and used every opportunity not to be in camp.

He is overly opinionated in how great he was and he was in total instructor mode all the time. Even the video he sent to Sabrina was arrogant. OK, maybe his behavior does not scream arrogance to everyone but he certainly was very confident and self assured in his skills and came across cocky. In the video he sent Sabrina, although he was apologetic and his did explain he had 3 illnesses you can tell he didn't think very highly of his partner.

I would like to see both these folks do another adventure but with different partners. I do think that Vince is a very strong personality and perhaps not the easiest person to work with.

Also Sabrina did gather wood, she said they did catch more fish then was shown.

I did notice that it looked as if they had separate huts, one on either side of the fire.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I can't believe I just found this thread. I love Naked and Afraid! I can't go 6 hours without eating... let alone the 12+ days some of these people go.

Season 3 starts June 22, 2014.

I watched this season & caught the first season on repeats. It was interesting for a few episodes, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would want to do this. They are putting their immediate & long-term health at great risk & I just can't support it. Interesting experiment (if you want to call it that) though. I was really impressed with quite a few of the participants.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Season 3 starts with a really neat behind the scenes episode. You see the casting process, meet the producers, editors etc... see the new destinations and meet some of the cast members.
    wannasee likes this.

I liked the behind the scenes show. I was really cracking up, though, at the woman who vets the applications or whatever. "Please...do NOT send me naked pictures of yourself!" lol She says how you look naked has nothing to do with getting cast. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I liked the behind the scenes show. I was really cracking up, though, at the woman who vets the applications or whatever. "Please...do NOT send me naked pictures of yourself!" lol She says how you look naked has nothing to do with getting cast. ;-)
    Yeah, that was pretty funny.

I thought it was also funny how some of these folks have no filter on their mouths and don't seem to be able to get along with each other.

Namibia was the first new episode. I thought it was pretty good, all around. I thought the couple was a good pairing and liked both of them.
    momrek06 likes this.

I agree! They both seemed to genuinely like each other and respected each other's different ideas on how
    to survive. Not being able to start a fire for a long time was frustrating but once they did it was great.

That weather, very warm during the day and very very cold at night. Oh wow! That was intense.

The sandals was a great idea. If they had managed to remember them as they were fleeing from those cold monsoons, the sandals might have lasted longer.

All in all a great episode.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread