+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 167
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

  1. #111
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Oh, there is no "i" in Team Toucan. Vince seemed to refuse to be a team player.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #112
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I don't feel bad for missing most of it then.

    I don't understand these lazy people signing up for this show!
    She was absolutely lazy! She even said at the beginning that the man should do most of the work. (something to that effect) Then she demeaned him for not being a good provider while making no effort to get food herself.

    While he was a jerk, the 'life threatening' malaria gave some validity to his decision to 'tap out'.
    captain and jenniferboston1 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  3. #113
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    She was absolutely lazy! She even said at the beginning that the man should do most of the work. (something to that effect) Then she demeaned him for not being a good provider while making no effort to get food herself.

    While he was a jerk, the 'life threatening' malaria gave some validity to his decision to 'tap out'.
    I was watching the Naked After Dark show and Sabrina said that Vince made it very clear from the beginning that it was his job to hunt and her job to stay at camp and keep the fire going. She did say that when she got up in the morning that she when hunting for bugs and always shared what she caught with Vince. She also said that they did catch some fish but they didn't show that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #114
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    This Sunday is the Naked And Afraid Bares All episode and the following week is the Naked and Afraid Sneak Peak at season 3.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #115
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was watching the Naked After Dark show and Sabrina said that Vince made it very clear from the beginning that it was his job to hunt and her job to stay at camp and keep the fire going. She did say that when she got up in the morning that she when hunting for bugs and always shared what she caught with Vince. She also said that they did catch some fish but they didn't show that.
    She said a lot of things while he wasn't there to defend himself, and I didn't believe half of it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  6. #116
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    She said a lot of things while he wasn't there to defend himself, and I didn't believe half of it.
    They did show a confessional of Vince and he was very harsh about his assessment of Sabrina.

    Question? It is rather obvious you don't have a high opinion of Sabrina, what do you think of Vince?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #117
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    They did show a confessional of Vince and he was very harsh about his assessment of Sabrina.

    Question? It is rather obvious you don't have a high opinion of Sabrina, what do you think of Vince?
    You quoted it in my earlier post. Although, I'm happy to expand on what I've already said by adding that I think he's a wing nut.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  8. #118
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You quoted it in my earlier post. Although, I'm happy to expand on what I've already said by adding that I think he's a wing nut.
    Thks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #119
    Kiz
    Kiz is offline
    FORT Fogey Kiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    920

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    I thought it was strange that they dinged Vince's PSR for tapping out when it was determined he had three jungle fevers including a deadly case of malaria. If anything, he should have been given a bonus point for recognizing a serious illness. Now, if they wanted to subtract points for anti-social behavior, that would make sense to me.

    Sabrina, imo, was in way over her head. Her self-taught survival skills were not up to the task of surviving in that environment. Nobody had a gun to her head making her stay near camp, and often, she complained, Vince took off without telling her he was leaving, where he was going, and for how long. She stuck to her notion that men hunted and women gathered, but wanted to toss the blame onto Vince that he allowed her only to do next to nothing (except gathering firewood, bringing a daily bug to Vince, and picking berries as she described in the aftershow). I noticed that she tried to fish after Vince left using his spear, yet she didn't give him any kind of credit for teaching her anything in the After Dark show except for something like how to get along with difficult people. I thought she was one of the worse survivors over both seasons. One of the only survivor skills she said she brought to the table was weaving, but there was no sign that she made much of anything useful for survival. At minimum, I would have thought she'd weave a fish trap of some sort. Other than gritting it out for the time after Vince left, and eating a parrot head she found, I don't understand how her PSR went up. She bowed early due to severe adominal cramping, but she sure seemed fine and was eating heartily in the hospital. I don't believe they ever gave a diagnosis, which I took to mean that she didn't have a illness. I'm not saying that she was faking it, but it didn't rise to the degree of Vince's illnesses or others that have tapped out for sickness in the previous shows.

    Regarding the after dark show, that Bob character is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. His jokes fall flat, and other than killing some time, he adds nothing.
    Kip likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

  10. #120
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Naked and Afraid - Discovery Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I thought it was strange that they dinged Vince's PSR for tapping out when it was determined he had three jungle fevers including a deadly case of malaria. If anything, he should have been given a bonus point for recognizing a serious illness. Now, if they wanted to subtract points for anti-social behavior, that would make sense to me.

    Sabrina, imo, was in way over her head. Her self-taught survival skills were not up to the task of surviving in that environment. Nobody had a gun to her head making her stay near camp, and often, she complained, Vince took off without telling her he was leaving, where he was going, and for how long. She stuck to her notion that men hunted and women gathered, but wanted to toss the blame onto Vince that he allowed her only to do next to nothing (except gathering firewood, bringing a daily bug to Vince, and picking berries as she described in the aftershow). I noticed that she tried to fish after Vince left using his spear, yet she didn't give him any kind of credit for teaching her anything in the After Dark show except for something like how to get along with difficult people. I thought she was one of the worse survivors over both seasons. One of the only survivor skills she said she brought to the table was weaving, but there was no sign that she made much of anything useful for survival. At minimum, I would have thought she'd weave a fish trap of some sort. Other than gritting it out for the time after Vince left, and eating a parrot head she found, I don't understand how her PSR went up. She bowed early due to severe adominal cramping, but she sure seemed fine and was eating heartily in the hospital. I don't believe they ever gave a diagnosis, which I took to mean that she didn't have a illness. I'm not saying that she was faking it, but it didn't rise to the degree of Vince's illnesses or others that have tapped out for sickness in the previous shows.

    Regarding the after dark show, that Bob character is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. His jokes fall flat, and other than killing some time, he adds nothing.


    Thanks for writing everything I was too lazy to write. Including that about the Bob character. I barely got through half of the After Show.
    Kiz likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.